Phoenix Team Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are so much lucky to have a group of friend to work with. Me Im all alone and the nearest person is like 1h10 away from where I live.

But back on topic, really nice job on the suit and will be watching for update.

Pat

Garzak you , you are on Canada , On France just some people do that and to find someone who live no far it's just "impossible"

And good luck for your project :)

Yeah. I went back and shaved 2 minutes off Week 5. I'll try to keep them below 3 1/2 minutes from now on.

By the way, I laugh cuz of your signature... That's what they tell you to do to get used to the smell of rotting flesh and such lol Just sayin. I think it'd be fitting for Kelly, your character to say though, right? Maybe in a sketch with the flood?

lol.
well, i'm not "Kelly", I'm Runt, but I get what you're saying. And in that case, I think you should say your signature too. lol

Hey guys its really great to see some people out here in the heat. I am currently living in phoenix and would love to be part of the group. I am working on a game accurate ODST. Life has been a little crazy for me lately but I am still slowly making progress. Most of my armor pieces were and are going to be modeled/unfolded by me. So if you guys need a 3d guy I can totally help.

So, rather than reengineer the wheel, I"m gonna use some gun add-ons and other pieces to recreate the spartan laser as realisitically as possible. I've been seriously busy with work as of recent but this is the small amount of progress I've made...

I plotted out a to-scale drawing and laid it out on my digitizer table:

IMAGE_143.jpg

An extra Pistol grip a buddy had from an upgrade to his .45ACP:

IMAGE_146.jpg

Maglite to house the removable electronics and laser diode:

IMAGE_144.jpg

12V deep cell motorcycle battery to power the beast (location and size subject to change):

IMAGE_153.jpg

More to come... I have to hit Cabellas today, so we'll see what kinda goodies I pick up from that candy store :D

Wow. That's freaking awesome Cloudss.

Just to throw an update out on my part: I finally messed up. I made one of my bicep pieces too large because it's hard to judge scale off of a piece that doesn't wrap around you. SO, as a "newb tip" I suggest you make a forearm or something small and not too complicated to figure out how large everything else should be. Shoulder pieces didn't do it for me because they are flexible in their design. Easily morphed. Blah.

Moving to flagstaff in less than two weeks. Gonna have to take a break on this project for a while so I can get myself situated up there. Plus I need to save up some cash to buy the knives and whatnot to do the work. D:

Week 6's video is up on Youtube! Check it out here:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear and see what happened Rick, but don't give up there is hope! and just think...i went through 2 chest pieces before i got the scale right...its easier for the bicep...less pieces!

Good luck and loving the progress!

Very true. At least I only wasted 20 hours instead of 50. ...I get distracted easily. Specially with that many people there. And Aether was still in town. I miss her. :[

Well, it's come down to a strange detail in my head... and a noob question: Do you make the bicep piece AND shoulder piece, or just the shoulder? If you are to make both, why are the shoulder pieces of the basic scheme (Mark VI) also attached in one file?

When I look at reference pictures of Jorge he has armor beneath his shoulder pieces. I ASSUME you would do both. That's where my confusion lies. I have yet to see a "reach bicep" pep file or any mention of. Halp. Jorge has a CQB left shoulder piece as far as I can tell, but it's also very clear that he has something beneath it. Sigh.

I'll be working on smaller pieces due to my lack of time in the valley. Hand plates, maybe the boot-cover. -shrug-

Hey Rick... I think I might be able to help you....

http://www.4shared.com/file/uvvCYdK3/HD_Reach_SHLDR_by_rhinoc_mcpri.html BOOM!!!!!!! Reach Bicep. Just flip the pattern to get the other one.

And wait... whats this?
http://www.4shared.com/file/6PMUxS1a/Jorge_Shoulder__by_Rhinoc.html BAM!!! Jorges shoulder, well his right one at least! And about the left shoulder you probably want to make that one MUCH bigger than what you already have because it is GIGANTIC on Jorge!!

But wait theres more!!
http://www.4shared.com/file/YKUbHJw0/Reach_Shin_HD.html there is the shin! there is really no info on it I need to give!

BTW I dont know the scale on the pieces so... your gonna need to do that! And the chest is being unfolded as we speak!

And if you have anything else you need just say so!

Thanks Rhinoc. I was looking through your file base and I grabbed the shin already, as well as his right shoulder. I need to remake it anyway because I made it out of the wrong size card-stock, and possibly too large... Not to mention the one I made is just the one that looked the most similar to. -shrug-

I think I will re-build the left shoulder just because that was an easy piece to make. I may scale it up but for now I'm happy with what I got. Dx

You rule, yet again. :D

EDIT: Now that I look at the bicep piece it looks a bit boxy... But when I look at Jorge that's how his looks. Padding is going to be fun in this. I'll probably have to build that piece a few times before I get it right. Woo! At least it doesn't look as annoying as the Mark VI.

Also, Rhinoc, how is the forearm addon coming? Waiting for unfold or are you still working on it?

Just a quick update. The Phoenix Meet Up at Sugar Bowl was a success. We are proud to announce that Rosh is now an official member of Phoenix Team! 8D

To those of you who couldn't make it, don't worry. We will most likely do more meet-ups in the near future. ^_^

woohoo thanks rox! now i need to start showing some results! i think i may have my youngest brother talked into making a costume too, he seemed pretty interested after he heard about our meet tonight- he's into odsts...

You're welcome. ^_^ It was unanimous. You're a cool guy and fun to talk to. It was probably decided the moment we all whipped out our phones to get your number. lol

A brother? Sweet. ^_- We'll have to meet him too then. I'll set up the next meet-up for sometime soon, so those who missed it can have another chance.

Funny.. I brought my camera, but I completely forgot I had it. o_O;;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back