Pizza VK78 Commando

I can create a mirrored version for left handed once I'm home from Christmas vacation.
That would be really cool! I think around when I started mirroring my parts lines up with around when I had a couple printer issues, so I could reprint them but better once I retune my printer. That would also be really nice for anyone else who is left handed!

I also printed another benchy after adjusting the thermistor and I definitely need a new one. The temperature looks very inconsistant based off of the quality of the print and when I went to remove the thermistor, it still had some plastic stuck to it from the last hot end that broke.

I ended up replacing my thermistor. Turns out it was cheaper to buy a stock hot end and use the thermistor and heating unit from that. After putting in a new thermistor and heating unit, doing PID tuning, recalibration esteps, and multiple retraction/temperature towers, my parts were still coming out with a lot of stringing and over all low quality. I swapped out the all metal hot end to the stock one I ordered for the thermistor. I did PID tuning again, made a benchy, then printed out another part for the pizza commando.

This part came out significantly smoother and while there was a little bit of stringing, it was significantly less and easy to clean up. I plan on keeping the stock hot end and returning the all metal one. Sometimes it's easier to replace the exact same part than try to make unnecessary upgrades.
1000007169.jpg

Parts shall resume printing soon. As soon as TurboCharizard gets the chance to make the left handed parts, I'll reprint those. For now, I'll print the parts that don't need to be mirrored and I have a potential commission coming up, so Turbo, you're in no rush!

I have all the parts printed, except for the left handed parts getting reprinted once they're ready. I'm also going to reprint the mag since it didn't come out as nice as I wanted and I fixed my printer since then.
1000007368.jpg

Last edited:
How do you plan to get the actual coating on the prop?
I saw that you mentioned hydro-dipping earlier in the thread but I think you would need a fair few clear coats of a matte varnish. I would recommend going for a cerakote for the added durability of the pattern so you don't have to do any touch-ups over the years.

How do you plan to get the actual coating on the prop?
I saw that you mentioned hydro-dipping earlier in the thread but I think you would need a fair few clear coats of a matte varnish. I would recommend going for a cerakote for the added durability of the pattern so you don't have to do any touch-ups over the years.
I was definitely planning on doing clear coats over the hydro dip. I haven't decided on which type of clear coat yet but I'll keep cerakote in mind!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back