Printing issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

TecnoJP

hi, I'm sorry for the last post, I got confused... i couldn't make the numbers smaller, I tried to type in 2 or 3 but the minimun seems to be 4, anyway the second issue I'm having is with some areas like the one I point at the picture, is confusing, i can determine where to fold or cut, and I have found several sections like this, is anything wrong there or is normal to find
this? test2.jpgtest.jpg

You can turn them off. Many people actually pep with the Edge IDs off for the very reason you mentioned. It can be hard to see where to cut and fold with them in the way. To use this method you simply cut and assemble in front of your computer where you can reference where the pieces go from Pepakura Designer. To turn them off, go to the 2D menu and uncheck the option "Show Edge ID" before you print. Good luck!

_edit: And also easier to align because the IDs can skew your perception of where the edges should go. Like Chernobyl says below, more important to line up the corners than the numbers.

You can turn them off. Many people actually pep with the Edge IDs off for the very reason you mentioned. It can be hard to see where to cut and fold with them in the way. To use this method you simply cut and assemble in front of your computer where you can reference where the pieces go from Pepakura Designer. To turn them off, go to the 2D menu and uncheck the option "Show Edge ID" before you print. Good luck!
thanks PerniciousDuke you're right is a lot easier to cut ir that way, but isn't the numbers important to align the edges? I mean, when im gluing the parts togheter the numbers aren't supposed to be align?.. i apreciate your help!

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks PerniciousDuke you're right is a lot easier to cut ir that way, but isn't the numbers important to align the edges? I mean, when im gluing the parts togheter the numbers aren't supposed to be align?.. i apreciate your help!

Aligning the ID numbers isn't as essential as making sure your corners are aligned. If you have aligned corners, you have a solid piece.

Before I started using eva foam and 3d printing this would happen to me all the time. I'd always either cut the little edges off and tape it together or just make it up as I felt it should fit. Maybe not the best way but the nice thing about costuming is that it's an art so it doesn't have to be perfect

Aligning the ID numbers isn't as essential as making sure your corners are aligned. If you have aligned corners, you have a solid piece.
that makes so much sense! of course with the corners aligned everithing else will come to place.. i'll do that! thak you very much! Chernobyl

- - - Updated - - -

Before I started using eva foam and 3d printing this would happen to me all the time. I'd always either cut the little edges off and tape it together or just make it up as I felt it should fit. Maybe not the best way but the nice thing about costuming is that it's an art so it doesn't have to be perfect
you're right HallOfFoam, thaks for the advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back