Rakshasa Discussion

Not sure how much this counts, but I'm doing a cross-core set with some Rakshasa armor right now!
View attachment 322155
Currently, I've got the Banished shoulder, Doisac Kiss, UA/CMA shoulder, and I'm working on the legs!

IMG_3023.jpg
5A98E2A8-2085-497E-AB89-2CD2833C0E8A.jpg

Once it's all printed, I'm gonna put an NVG mount on the Firefall and add the Artaius helmet attachment, maybe throw another on there too.

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 148
Not sure how much this counts, but I'm doing a cross-core set with some Rakshasa armor right now!
View attachment 322155
Currently, I've got the Banished shoulder, Doisac Kiss, UA/CMA shoulder, and I'm working on the legs!

View attachment 322151View attachment 322150

Once it's all printed, I'm gonna put an NVG mount on the Firefall and add the Artaius helmet attachment, maybe throw another on there too.

Cross core tacticool elements with Firefall and a sick red/black colour scheme??

Its Always Sunny Yes GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

View attachment 322155

View attachment 322151View attachment 322150

Love the concept and it looks great. The pieces from Rakshasa look very cool. And the mighty Firerfall helmet. It all looks very nice together.

Update time! The armor is mostly printed, now to start sanding/priming! I have a full chest rig set up, as well as elastic supporting the thighs. I want a Rakshasa undersuit for this set, I think it'll look good when it's done. Hopefully, by the time I'm done, I can figure out the best way to move those dang shoulders, cause they're a nightmare! Might reprint them, but I'm broke lol. I'll keep y'all posted on the next few steps!

IMG_3105.jpg

Small update, I’m finally onto a functional gilet. Black fabric, then 2mm foam glued in thin strips around the edges, and completely on the shoulders, to stop it flopping around. Then another layer of blue fabric glued over for the top layer. It’s a pity it doesn’t have the padded strips, but that’s fine for now. I’ll add a few details like the drag handle on the upper back and belt loops. I’m not sure if I’ll add the shoulder strap covers; probably will.

Attachments

• DED6E3B4-4A72-411E-9B6B-E061D21E1D0D.jpeg
    DED6E3B4-4A72-411E-9B6B-E061D21E1D0D.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 130
  • 0AE7B670-1BB2-46A2-BA8A-0E4D3DF1C21F.jpeg
    0AE7B670-1BB2-46A2-BA8A-0E4D3DF1C21F.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 117
  • CF750794-2CF0-4D48-9AA8-70BD4F27AC23.jpeg
    CF750794-2CF0-4D48-9AA8-70BD4F27AC23.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 110
  • 97AFBEFC-0B7A-4B77-9C62-DF2422DAEEDC.jpeg
    97AFBEFC-0B7A-4B77-9C62-DF2422DAEEDC.jpeg
    408.6 KB · Views: 121
  • E55F3709-0434-4718-AF73-98BCB2E68334.jpeg
    E55F3709-0434-4718-AF73-98BCB2E68334.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 131
Small update, I’m finally onto a functional gilet. Black fabric, then 2mm foam glued in thin strips around the edges, and completely on the shoulders, to stop it flopping around. Then another layer of blue fabric glued over for the top layer. It’s a pity it doesn’t have the padded strips, but that’s fine for now. I’ll add a few details like the drag handle on the upper back and belt loops. I’m not sure if I’ll add the shoulder strap covers; probably will.
Looking great! How easy is it to put the chest on? That seems like a super nice setup, especially for cons

Looking great! How easy is it to put the chest on? That seems like a super nice setup, especially for cons
Thanks! It's very easy. The chest piece itself has 50mm clips for the webbing. I leave the top two attached, put it over my head and simply clip in the lower straps. I'll try do the gilet shoulder pieces in a way where they don't interfere with that - maybe as flaps that I just velcro down over the webbing once it's lowered into place. Ease of use was what drew me to Rakshasa over the more traditional armour marks I tried before.

Your vest and rigging is looking excellent! Going to need some similar big ol'clips for my own build.

I'm planning to go for a much simpler route on my soft parts; I bought some black tactical gear for the flight suit and a big battle belt that I'm hoping I can use to clip directly to my thigh armors. The shirt has a longer neck sleeve so I won't worry about the neck portion of the gilet for a while. As for the vest, I'm hoping my local campus Walmart will still have those Carhartt work vests in stock, I use one for my Mandalorian currently and it works great. The plan is to rely on the stock padding and just add some basic stitching patterns to the vest to emulate the in-game vest, and cutting off the hood that comes with should leave me plenty of extra denim for the drag handle and any extra belt loops I'll need.

welp, after a few smaller prints and some other experiments, I'm finally ready to take the plunge into cosplaying with Rakshasa! I've only printed some of the arm plate but over the coming weeks I expect I'll be making great progress, I'm open to any advice or info if anyone has any tips or suggestions.

Attachments

• IMG_0034.jpg
    IMG_0034.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 48
Nice print man, what kinda files and printer are u using cause I'm hoping to do a rakasha suit in the near/far future and I'm searching everywhere for good files.

Anyone with rakasha printing knowledge know if augillar workshop's files are any good?
I'm using the free version off Thingiverse and it's been pretty good so far, you will need to do some editing of the file in a program like meshmixer because the armor is all connected by these strings which can be pretty tedious to remove, but all in all it's a pretty solid model, from my experience at least.

Cool thanks I'll check them out, funnily enough I've got the same model printer and it's done me wonders for miniatures and gaming models from 28mm up to 100mm tall. I am thinking about getting an Anycubic Kobra Max in the future though, mainly because I really want to be able to print things like helmets in one go. And... If I do eventually get a bigger printer, first thing I'll be printing will be a morrigan rakasha helmet cause they look awesome!

This thread is more than 10 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back