Reach: An Lt Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks awsome. and when you said that you were going to mold it, will you mold as is now and do a version 2 later when more refrence come out? or leave it, or wait, hows it happening? i think you should mold now then do a newer version later like ithica does

Yeah, the plan is to wrap up with the details tomorrow and then mold it as is. When the tweaked models come out later and more HD peps are available I will probably do another one and then mold it again. This one is not bad, at least with the details that I cut in. If yall notice any I am missing, please let me know so I can get them in before I do the mold. Thanks for the feedback, it really helps!

Finished up the detailing today. I pulled the last off the stickies off and discovered that one fell off before i started bondoing and had to redo that area, that was a bit of a bummer. Got it all primed, buffed it down with 150, 220 and 400 grit sandpaper. Shes smoothe! Washed it down and it glossed right up. Layed down the base coat of black satin. You can't see many of the datails with the black, but I included it so yall could see what it looks like in all black so far.

IMG_5631.jpg

IMG_5632.jpg

You can see all the details cut in on the side and back. All the cut details are different colored than the rest of the area around them, so they will really pop once its all painted

IMG_5633.jpg

In all black base coat, rustoleum black satin

IMG_5635.jpg

So tomorrow I will wet sand the black with 500+ grit to make sure its smoothe, and once dry I will temp glue the visor in and do the glove mold. I wish yall could see it in person. It is soooooo smoothe!

Thanks y'all for the words of encouragement, it really helps to keep the motivation up. I noticed this morning when I went out to work on the bucket that I had missed the detail pieces in front of the chin detail. So I used a large and small stick of glue to make the detail. I cut 2 quarter in slices of the larger glue stick, then cut them into half rounds. I then cut a 3/8 piece of glue stick and cut into a half round, and then glued a larger half round to each end. I then glued the assembly in front of the chin detail, primed it, and painted it. Here's some pics:

IMG_5638.jpg

IMG_5639.jpg

Wow very cool, I gave the helmet a try lastnight, I got most of the visor done, and pat of the jaw, but I screwed up really bad in the alignment and when i tried to fix it, ended up giving it a damn good tear. So, I'm scrapping that till later.

As far as pepping goes, I always start at the bottom of the helm and work my way to the top. I think the only exception was the rogue helm I did. I found it a lot easier to start at the bottom, work my way all the way around and then up. You can see the order I did it in my first post. I think it helped a lot to do it that way. Sorry to hear you had to scrap your! The helms take a long time to pep, mine normally take me 20+ hours. This one went the fastest, wasn't necessarily the easiest, but it wasn't the hardest either. Rogue was the one that gave me the most trouble. The hard part on this helm is going from pep to Bondo. Some of the curves in the back/crown area are tough. I had to build up those areas a lot and kinda fudge where the curves would be. I am really happy with how it turned out. If there are any angles in particular y'all want to see feel free to let me know and I will snag a pic or two for you. I am really happy with how this is turning out!

Yes it has an add on that goes on the visor. If you look at all of the reference pics, you can see it is not a solid piece of the helmet. I will do that eventually and make it so that it attaches magnetically to the top of the helm.

Brandon McClain said:
Yes it has an add on that goes on the visor. If you look at all of the reference pics, you can see it is not a solid piece of the helmet. I will do that eventually and make it so that it attaches magnetically to the top of the helm.

cool man cant wait to see this thing finished nice work on the paint job

-cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back