RoxyRoo's Reach Build + Undersuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm.. >.> Let me try to describe this.. It's kinda "quilted".

My process:
-- pattern. -- You first need the pattern for whatever thing you are sewing. You can use your own pair of pants as a starting point. Copy it onto your black fabric and cut it out about 1 inch wider on all sides to leave room for the "quilting" and when sewing it together. You need to layers of black fabric. I used Lycra/Spandex. Make sure you use the non-shiney side.
-- Sewing the tubes-- take a piece of chalk and mark the curve/direction you want your tubes facing. Sew a curved straight-stiched line. Then sew another about 2 cm apart from the first. Repeat until you cover as much surface as you need. This makes the tubes.
-- Threading the tubes-- Get some "kushy" fleece fabric. Cut long 1 1/2 inch strips. You'll need plenty of them. Take a needle and stich one end of a strip. Then, push the needle through the tube (make sure you use the blunt end, it's easier). Pull the fleece strip through the tube. You have your first pillowed tube! Repeat until you have all the tubes filled with the fleece strips.
-- Sew the pieces together.

I'll explain more later. I have to leave for a movie with my sisters. Hope that helped!

A really great suit, Roxy. Was really glad to see it in person and be blown away by it.

I am sorry, however, that the Masquerade went so poorly for you, especially since I'm guilty by association with it.

hey, i have an other question ;) which file did you use for the shin? can i have it?

Photoon2012-05-14at22452.jpg

edit: found it ;)

Man I can't believe I didn't post on this yet, I think, I lost track, anyway, the suit looks amazing Roxy, awesome job, I love the old plane art on the front of the helm, gives it that bad @ss look. sorry to hear about the masq, that really sucks they didn't have their stuff together and that people boycotted it. The anime crowd can be really finicky, I know haha.
can't wait to see you walking around with some sort of rifle or pistol, or both! lol

Hm.. >.> Let me try to describe this.. It's kinda "quilted".

My process:
-- pattern. -- You first need the pattern for whatever thing you are sewing. You can use your own pair of pants as a starting point. Copy it onto your black fabric and cut it out about 1 inch wider on all sides to leave room for the "quilting" and when sewing it together. You need to layers of black fabric. I used Lycra/Spandex. Make sure you use the non-shiney side.
-- Sewing the tubes-- take a piece of chalk and mark the curve/direction you want your tubes facing. Sew a curved straight-stiched line. Then sew another about 2 cm apart from the first. Repeat until you cover as much surface as you need. This makes the tubes.
-- Threading the tubes-- Get some "kushy" fleece fabric. Cut long 1 1/2 inch strips. You'll need plenty of them. Take a needle and stich one end of a strip. Then, push the needle through the tube (make sure you use the blunt end, it's easier). Pull the fleece strip through the tube. You have your first pillowed tube! Repeat until you have all the tubes filled with the fleece strips.
-- Sew the pieces together.

I'll explain more later. I have to leave for a movie with my sisters. Hope that helped!

hmm ... i dont get it :D i have nearly no experience with sewing and quilting or stuff like that :D here is a picture of what i understand (hope this is correct).

IMG_20120607_220337.jpg
IMG_20120607_220434.jpg

the shaded areas are the place for the "kushy" fleece fabric.
after this step i have to make a tube for a gauntlet by sewing the edges together?

I have no idea how I missed this thread before, but I feel terrible about not watching this as it was happening!

I just read through about half of the whole thread, so much awesome insight into foam armor building in here! Your multitude of WIP pictures really give a great look at your process, and this is yet another thread that makes me want to stop everything and sit down with those packages of foam I have and crank out a suit. It just looks sooo goood!

The positive thing about catching it when it's all done though, is that I can move it straight into the Elite section without having to wait for it to be finished.

congratulations RoxyRoo

aplausos.gif

you deserve it, congratulations RoxyRoo

usted se lo merece, felicitaciones

You finally made it girlie :D All that hard work and dedication has finally paid off to become one of the Leets. Again bravo!!! :cool

Congrats on the move to the Elite Section, Roxy! It is well deserved because we all know you worked so hard and your armor is just fantastic!
Keep on rockin'! :D

-Alexis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back