RoxyRoo's Reach Build + Undersuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
XD Oops. My reaction to this is delayed, isn't it? Derp. Well this is how it went:

O____O

8DDDD

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<333

Your build should be installed into the ELITE showcase.I'm blown away by how real your foam work is. I'm doing my own build,pep however, and I'm doing something very similar to what you did with your sneakers, having them covered with foam, except mine are military grade boots(making me seem 5'11'' as im 5'8") and having the pep work go over them.I'm nowhere near completion right now(in pep stage with arms almost completed).

Look at the top of this page to see the tree of the thread.
It reads. Forum. Armor, uniform and prop making. Elite showcase.
Not sure why you are not seeing though as its the first in the list due to us talking on it.

I found this by using the search box..and i didn't believe it because prior to these posts, I was never able to post in the elite showcase, due to my noob-ness(a couple months).

You guys are so silly. I love 405th! >3<

Having taken a break from costume work, now I'm back in the game. I started a new thread. Check it out if you want to see what this hunk of foam will turn into.
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/37205-RoxyRoo-s-Guns-and-Things

Photoon2012-07-06at1740.jpg

I'm remaking a few pieces of my armor, as they've needed fixing. I started with the lower chest plate. The previous one i had just wasn't long enough. It kept getting stuck under neath my belly plate. >.> So yeah.. made it about 2 inches longer! I'll be painting this today, and possibly start fixing other pieces of my armor.

Photoon2012-08-04at2114.jpg

Photoon2012-08-04at21152.jpg

I'll post again soon.

Roxy, if you're open to suggestions, the only thing I could say is to scale the lower and upper arms and the shoulders up at least 20-25% too (add padding if they'd be too loose). Otherwise the suit is pretty much perfect :)

I'm only fixing things that need to be fixed (belly plate needed to be longer, my neck seal comes up too high, strapping on my back, better gloves, I need elbow guards and also fans in my helmet... then Lights... should I even attempt that). My biceps and forearms are fine. I wouldn't scale the forearms up anyway. I have TINY ARMS. Besides, they fit perfectly and they were a b**** to make. D=<

Belly plate is painted. I attached it back to my chest piece, but after trying it on, I need to re-attach it better. >.>;
Photoon2012-08-07at1319.jpg

Sweet..You just have to love upgrades. :D
Loving you're work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was flipping through the topic and I saw your PCC pics and realized I saw you there. I was one of the Mandalorians wandering around the con.

nice work making elite Roxy, suit looks awesome!
Good luck with the rework your doing :)
I have one question for you... how easy is it to walk in your boots? Ive had to make mine as a heel and toe with corrugated rubber in the middle to join them and allow flex as I walk. I couldn't see a way that I could make them as one without the foam ripping apart under the stress of walking.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back