1st Build RvB Insurrectionist Leader (ODST Repurpose)

Spartan4204

Jr Member
Hello people of the 405th, I'm David. About a year ago I bought a prebuilt ODST cosplay off eBay and while its a very nice set of armor, it ended up getting a 3d printer around the same time and only ended up using the armor once. having dug it out of storage recently i wanted to make it into something that would match the other cosplays I've been planning and slowly working on. Below is the armor as it is right now. the helmet is a Xcoser helmet with a black visor, and the weapon is the BoomCo Halo 5 SMG.
FB_IMG_1699552972183.jpg

What I want to do now: Currently my printer is chugging away making the parts necessary for a RvB S9E15 Sharkface armor set. I don't want to post it yet as we have seen plenty of Sharkface cosplays go unfinished. So while that's going I decided to make this ODST armor set into the Insurrectionist leader from Season 10. The goal for this one isn't to make it 100% accurate, but at least build new parts and paint it up to make it recognizable as the Leader.

Having only ever built with cardboard, I'm hoping to learn something here and improve my overall prop making skills. I'm also hoping it gets me to be more productive instead of laying in bed on my phone all the time lol. So I'm going to push myself to make at least one update a week.

Thanks for reading.

Seeing RvB cosplays are always cool to see because not many people do them! I cant wait to see how this turns out.

When I first got my suit, Agent Washington was the first cosplay I did! I'd like to do york at some point
Oh hell yeah, that would be awesome!! Wash, North, and York are my absolute favs. You’ll have to post a pic of your Washington suit if you have one, I’d love to see it

Update Time! So, what went from trying to update once a week turned into where we are a month later. In this past month I delt with Minnesota's subzero temps, a broken car, and speed running a CE Mark V helmet for a Caboose cosplay.

On the topic of the ODST armor, I did manage this past weekend to repair the armor and clean it. living out in the country the gravel roads dirtied the armor a bit to a cleaned that. I also repaired the parts where the glue came undone and began prepping the helmet for painting. The weather app calls for mid 40s here this Wednesday so I'm hoping to get out and at least get thing primed.

I don't have any photos since (in my opinion) there isn't much to see. all I did was fix a few things. so instead here are photos of the Caboose helmet and the armor. Helmet and visor are from Branfhur Studios, Armor is the Rubies H3 MK 6.
Snapchat-1005006170.jpg
Snapchat-726085070.jpg
Snapchat-941991316.jpg

Attachments

• Snapchat-1502815610.jpg
    Snapchat-1502815610.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 18
For those who are following and haven't seen my newest thread, i recommend taking a look. I have decided to change directions with this armor and make it into Sharkface.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back