Saber's Second Project- Agent Texas Style! (PIC HEAVY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tan? In Oregon? ahahahahahaha Oh, wait your were serious? ;P Thanks! I'll probably be out fishing and crabbing and agate hunting and stuff like that. Hopefully Oregon will be nice and not rain the entire time like it normally does. haha

lol, I just assumed beach meant warm. Though I have gotten a sunburn while skiing here in Canada so who knows? Anyways, have a good time in 2 weeks.

My mom and aunt have gone skiing in Utah before and got a really bad sunburn on their faces from the sun reflecting off the snow. So who knows! I might get lucky! haha
And thanks again!
-Alexis

Hey guys and gals!
I have a little teaser for all of you to enjoy.

The weather here is still sucky, but this weekend is SUPPOSED to be sunny and in the high 60's so I might get some notable progress done.

Today, I got fidgety and decided to take another whack at foam and made a spine protector for a portion of my under suit. I intend on making an H3/Reach under suit hybrid and combine the different features that I like into a super-awesome-epic under suit for this project.

Foam
photo37.jpg

Black
photo38.jpg

Silver Detail
photo39.jpg

The straps are just a concept for now. I was thinking of attaching the top two straps to the back of the chest piece and the bottom strap to the back of the COD piece so it will flow with my back and not swing side to side. It's all being played by ear and I won't make any permanent decisions until later.
Oh and speaking of COD piece, I had to toss mine... AGAIN. Pepped pieces sure don't like sitting in my closet for a number of months. Fortunately, the chest piece and helmet are still in shape and I hope I won't have to repep them once summer kicks in.

Non-armor related, I also decided to make my own little Guilty Spark Nightlight! ^w^
No fancy-pansy 3D stuff, just a $1 push light that you fill with 4 AA batteries and hang on your wall.
I just have sharpie drawn on but I plan on painting it later. It's just a little experiment and I'll let you know how it goes as I work on it.

Front
photo36.jpg

Side
photo34.jpg

In the Dark
photo35.jpg

If you guys are interested in one, after seeing my rad drawing/painting skills, shoot me a PM. :p

That's all I got for now! Thanks for checking out the thread and hopefully I'll be getting more done as Spring rolls through and Summer gets closer!

Stay Frosty, 405thers!
-Alexis

How was the vacation? No sunburns? lol...

The spine protector idea is really neat, I'm going to add that to my journal of costuming tips. Weathering looks very well done, I love the silver scratching all over it. I can't wait for warmer weather, so many threads are promising new resining progress "soon". Sorry to hear about your cod piece, that has to be somewhat discouraging. Don't let it stop you though, you are doing great work!

I like your guilty spark idea, hopefully he doesn't start glowing red. At least you have developped an appropriate weapons cache to take care of him if he tries anything.

Sunburn? Haha
More like whipped in face with wind and rain. Haha My face was red either way! :p

Thanks for the kind words! I'm not too worried about the COD. I've come too far to back out now!
But it did make me wonder if I should make this one piece out of foam.

And yes, I've got this mini-Spark all under control! Just need a spartan laser to be sure. Haha

-Alexis

that spine looks really good!

Also, let me just say I love the guilty spark light! Maybe I will do that except I'll make it into a Wheatley light from Portal 2 xD

Thanks Anna!

Well I painted it and it dawned on me half way through that covering the whole thing with acryllic paint will not make it a good nightlight. Haha
I painted it anyway. :p
It doesn't look good as a light, but it's a pretty decent paint job after working on it for ten minutes. Haha

-Alexis

Only the middle part is supposed to glow anyway. Maybe you could use some kind of dye to colour it. I have heard of people addinf dye to their resin so they can see what parts of their pepped pieces are missing resin, maybe something like that would work.

If you want to try again. Perhaps try glass paints. I've seen them in craft stores; they are meant to achieve a stained glass look

Thanks guys, these are both good ideas.
I'm not all too worried about the light though. If I have more money and time, I'll look into these things.
-Alexis

What I would love to see, is a 343 guilty spark that's a balloon. If you can do that, you can have epsilon-church! :p

What I would love to see, is a 343 guilty spark that's a balloon. If you can do that, you can have epsilon-church! :p
It's funny. I've actually been wanting to do that sort of thing too. But I would make this using Pepakura, not a balloon. I was even thinking of adding a voice box to it and have the lights flash in sync with the voice. But this is a project wayyy down on my list and I probably won't be able to work on it for some time.

nice work it's coming along nicely, keep it up =D

You're moving right along. Looks good.

Thanks you guys!
Well the last couple days have been great in weather AND in production!
Take a look!
photo40.jpg

photo41.jpg

I decided I'd remake the COD, but out of foam. I cannot believe how easy foam is to work with! I'm definitely converting to foam after this project! I got all that done last night and I just have the second side pouch on the other side to put together before I need to Plastidip it and paint.
I'll have to run to Harbor Freight to get the Plastidip but I'm trying to finish this piece tonight!
I'll keep you guys posted later today.

[EDIT: I didn't want to double post]
I just finished plastidip and paint with silver detailing on the COD

photo42.jpg

photo43.jpg

photo44.jpg

I also added some temporary elastic bands to hold it together to wear. It's still not big enough to fit me all of the way around without a gap so I'll continue working and get it to fit me by Kumoricon in September.

While out at the store, I also got some more liquid hardener so I can continue resining and rondo. I'll start with the helmet today.
Pics later!

[EDIT 2]

I got one layer of resin on both boots and the helmet today! (Man, I've gotten a lot of work done! Woot!)

59326053.jpg

I also applied rondo to the top of the helmet. If the weather stays like this tomorrow, I'll try and see if I can finish rondoing the helmet. I'll also see if I can possibly fiberglass the boots.

ea64ea14.jpg

I still have to resin the chest piece and I'll do that as soon as possible. It's starting to look a little depressed (in some cases more than others) and if I don't resin it soon, it will sag to disrepair.
Let's just hope the weather stays as good as it has been!

Thanks for checking out my thread!
Be sure to leave a comment or some advice!

Stay Frosty, 405thers!
-Alexis

heya nice work on the cod! Looks like you are really good at working with foam as well as pepakura :D
and yeah I would resin your chest piece soon so that it doesn't warp or get too bent

Must be nice to have warmer weather again. We were supposed to have sun all weekend, but we ended up with cloudy days. Sunday night was clear though, start were beautiful. But that is a little off topic.

Great progress as always. It should be nice to have a foam cod, much more comfortable and better mobility than a rigid fibreglass one I think. The paint job and detailing turned out excellent. Hope your weather stays nice so you can resin more pieces!

heya nice work on the cod! Looks like you are really good at working with foam as well as pepakura :D
and yeah I would resin your chest piece soon so that it doesn't warp or get too bent

I will as soon as I can! It started raining again so it may take a while

Looks great, nice progress!

Thanks! :D

Must be nice to have warmer weather again. We were supposed to have sun all weekend, but we ended up with cloudy days. Sunday night was clear though, start were beautiful. But that is a little off topic.

Great progress as always. It should be nice to have a foam cod, much more comfortable and better mobility than a rigid fibreglass one I think. The paint job and detailing turned out excellent. Hope your weather stays nice so you can resin more pieces!

It IS nice to have nice weather again. It's been nine months since I've seen the sun for longer than three days and I love it!
The COD does fit a lot better too since it's not rigid. I sat in a lounge chair with it on for half an hour and nothing bent out of shape and still looked normal!

The last couple of days were very wet and windy but today was sunny and in the low to mid 60's! :D I don't have a lot to show, I was helping my dad replace two sections of our fence that had rotted out.

What I did manage to get done is still picture and post worthy, I think.
I got most of the inside of the helmet rondoed. I have one side left but it got too cold and dark to continue. I'll try to finish the rondo tomorrow. I also plan on fiberglassing, but I'm not sure if that will be started tomorrow.

photo48.jpg

photo49.jpg

I took some painter's tape and used it to help fix and prevent warpage. Hopefully everything will turn out alright.

I also bought my visor for my helmet. Finally.
Here is the link to the product on Amazon. It's at a great price!
I got some extra cash by helping my grandparents with their garden so I get to buy a few things.

I'm hoping to buy the gloves soon. I might wait to buy them for a while longer.

That's what I've got for now. And I may not post for a few days. It just started raining again... :(

Stay Frosty, 405thers!
-Alexis

Just to let you know, that visor you bought is transparent, but if that's the look you're going for than by all means go ahead and purchase it.. Just a little forewarning. I'm not trying to be the bearer of bad news here, but I'm just trying to help you out a little. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back