Saber's Second Project- Agent Texas Style! (PIC HEAVY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That knife looks great! In only 2 hours? You are getting really good at this. Are you building the magnets right inside the knife? Or attaching to the outside somehow?

Well I was thinking of rondoing the inside of the sheath (not where I would put the knife) and then drill a few holes where I will put in some earth magnets and smooth some bondo over it.

And thanks! I'm really liking how quickly and how well I'm pepping and it's been a while since I've last pepped something. I should try some paid commissioning! :p

It's all up for speculation right now and if all else fails, I'll just glue some flat magnets to the bottom of it.

-Alexis

[And look!!!!! This thread has more views and comments than my last thread! YAY! :D I feel so special!]

wow Saber, you work so fast!!! lol from a sparring stick to a knife, it's all great work!!! had a quick question. did you fiberglass the inside of your helm or rondo it? and if you did fiberglass, did you find it hard to get the glass to lay down flat when you push it in? cause my glass would get stuck on my gloves and come back up .:/ btw, I glassed today haha :p

Thanks for the kind words, SpartanT117!
If you think this is fast, just wait till the temperature kicks up! I'll be moving warp speed! >:D

And to answer your question, I fiberglassed the helmet. The pics of the helmet you've been seeing is my old helmet, I haven't even resined my newer helmet.

This is what I did:
When I fiberglassed the helmet, I made sure I had a clean pair of gloves on first. Second, when I put the fiberglass in, I made sure I had a good thick layer of resin in the spot where I wanted the fiberglass to be placed. Then I gently placed the fiberglass where I wanted it and patted it down with the tips of my fingers so it would start to soak in the resin that was already there. Then I took a brush and gobbed it with resin and soaked the fiberglass and pushing down so the fiberglass won't come back up.
Essentially, I fiberglass like a kid would paper mache a balloon to make an Easter egg (well, erm... I mean helmet in this case)

I hope that helps!

-Alexis

oh man, you gotta be kiddin me! XD aggh that's all to familiar!! my dad told me the same thing after I took my fiberglass squares, rolled them one by one in the resin, and kind of molded them into my helmet which resulted in the glass grabbing onto my gloves as I pulled out which further resulted in a whole bunch of sketchy lookin glass strands pointin in every which way. but at least my folks bought me a dremel kit for christmas, so I can do round two without much of a fuss. but I did get it mostly glassed, and 'sides, most of the members on here do more than one layer of glass on the inside, so it's all good. But one thing's for sure, it don't give way anymore. Thank you for the help. XD

and 'sides, most of the members on here do more than one layer of glass on the inside

They do...? :0 hahaha I use so much resin while fiberglassing, I only have to apply a single layer of 'glass and it's solid! hahaha :p

But I'm glad I was of help to you! :D

-Alexis

haha I believe that's what they do, but I'm not sure, cause my helm, even though I did it wrong, is not giving way at all, it's solid. lol haha I used a load of resin, my whole can of it, I have no more left, and the only thing I've resined is my helm. lol I may have to buy more.

Woah... :0 Thas a lot of resin to use on one helmet!
At least it's hard as a rock!

What size container of resin do you usually get?

-Alexis

yea, it's solid. XD and idk, my memory fails me as I burnt the resin garbage as soon as I was done so nothing got into it and got damaged(e.g. kiddos, animals, sasquatches and stuff) so I can't pull it out and look at it, but it's the same size as the one BenStreeper used in his pepping: start to finish video tutorial. It's Bondo brand, WM carried it, you have a smaller one, and then the one I used I believe. it's the quart container I believe :p I wanted it so that out of everything, my helmet would LAST. lol so, turns out it's gonna be heavy to carry around. lol

If it's heavy, you better find some helmet padding haha
I think I have the gallon container and it last for freakin' ever! haha

-Alexis

haha yea, I got those foam mats everybody on here uses to make foam armor, so I premeditated this, just didn't expect to pour a quart of resin on my helmet.. XD

I was thinking of finding those fancy motorcycle helmet pads for my helmet. :p
And EVA foam would work as well! My old helmet has furniture foam as padding. I got a sheet of it at Fred Meyers for about $5 and it cushioned my entire first build. I'm using the leftovers for this build too! I'm almost out so I'll start to use the eva foam soon enough.

I wanna say you should be able to go to a motorcycle shop to find the helmet liners. They may even have some spare that they could sell cheap. Anyways, great job so far on the armor and weapons (really digging the sparring stick).

I actually work at a motorcycle shop and have a few spares. 3 people have backed out of my RvB cosplay idea, so I have a couple helmet liners as well as some random pads I was going to line the edges of their armor with. Yours if you want it/them.

I actually work at a motorcycle shop and have a few spares. 3 people have backed out of my RvB cosplay idea, so I have a couple helmet liners as well as some random pads I was going to line the edges of their armor with. Yours if you want it/them.
So is this a first come first serve kind of thing or was this intended towards Saber? lol

Hey Saber, if you find any other places to buy helmet-pad inserts feel free to tell us. I wanted to do the same thing with my helmet to make it stay in place better and be comfier.

I wanna say you should be able to go to a motorcycle shop to find the helmet liners. They may even have some spare that they could sell cheap. Anyways, great job so far on the armor and weapons (really digging the sparring stick).

Good thing there's a Harley Davidson's store just less than a mile away. I may have to look.

O-O For real? Of course I'll take one! XD How much do you want for one? (I'll PM you about it)

Hey Saber, if you find any other places to buy helmet-pad inserts feel free to tell us. I wanted to do the same thing with my helmet to make it stay in place better and be comfier.

Usually, I look around on eBay for the helmet pads. I haven't found anything at a super decent price but maybe what TJX suggested could help.
[EDIT: Here is a bidding for some helmet pads right now. I hope they're what you're looking for!]

-Alexis

Usually, I look around on eBay for the helmet pads. I haven't found anything at a super decent price but maybe what TJX suggested could help.
[EDIT: Here is a bidding for some helmet pads right now. I hope they're what you're looking for!]

-Alexis
o thankyou! I'll look into those

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back