Scout Chest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matthijs said:
Yes ok, but I don't know what must be the hight of the scout piece, when the chest piece is for example 24 cm high.
you must not get it.. youll make the chest piece in the same file as the scout perm.. in one .obj..then scale the scout chest acording to how big it should be on the base chest model-using the scale object modify tool.... their still 2 seperate 3dementional pieces though,, they can be 'turned off' accordingly.. at that point you plug the .obj into pepakura, scale the chest to fit you, then turn it off so it wont be built .. the result is a properly scaled scout perm..

ill try to contact vrogy and make it happen for you guys..

Last edited by a moderator:
i'll see if i can unfold this beast, but i have a paper due in 2 days and im workin on that.

I want to build this, therefore i want to unfold this.

Keegan said:
Schweet! There is so much skill around these forums. Fantastic Job Vrogy.
I'm just getting started ;)

Oh, and these can be rehosted anywhere, whatever it takes to spread halo costuming. Just adhere to the 'license' and leave my name/mark on it, keep it shared and free, and don't make money off it.

Vrogy, I unfolded the Scout chest for you, where can I upload it?
Edit:
Im going to start making this one Tuesday. So pics of it will be here on tuesday around 6pm i think :p

The chest is great, the shoulders are cool, but to really complete the look, you'll need a helmet

[attachment=4515:scoutcompare.jpg]

This is the V2 scout, its been cleaned up a great deal (the original is a mess) the needless side/vent details have been pulled

for the scale, you're on your own I'm afraid.

I've sent vrogy the .zip, check the wiki later today for a link

ok, since nobody seemed to understand what i ment.. here is the easy way to properly scale this piece... in this file you will see the scout perm scaled properly on the MKVI chest. use the stickys to figure the assembled height for the chest. and then go into 3DModelWindow>Show Object List> and turn off the MKVI chest.. you will be left with a properly scaled Scout Permutation..
this is not unfolded.. but i know alot of you are dying to unfold this for us,,, right??

heres the file
http://rapidshare.com/files/117798035/Scou...EasyScaling.pdo

NZ-TK said:
The chest is great, the shoulders are cool, but to really complete the look, you'll need a helmet

[attachment=4515:scoutcompare.jpg]
This is the V2 scout, its been cleaned up a great deal (the original is a mess) the needless side/vent details have been pulled

that makes me upset in a way. You made a better one after i made the difficult one? i guess you were bombarded with questions like "its too hard. make it easier!"

well, can i has cookie for braving through the storm that is your old helmet? :D

if not, i dont care. im not too hungry anyway :)

dannifood4less said:
ok, since nobody seemed to understand what i ment.. here is the easy way to properly scale this piece... in this file you will see the scout perm scaled properly on the MKVI chest. use the stickys to figure the assembled height for the chest. and then go into 3DModelWindow>Show Object List> and turn off the MKVI chest.. you will be left with a properly scaled Scout Permutation..
this is not unfolded.. but i know alot of you are dying to unfold this for us,,, right??
To anyone who's going to try to unfold this, I've played around with what DF4L suggested and I came up with an assembled height of about 27 -29 cm as good starting points.

NZ-TK said:
that makes me upset in a way. You made a better one after i made the difficult one?
Its called evolution usually :)
The Scout V1 is not really that bad in terms of difficulty level. While V2 looks much easier to unfold and put together, I like V1 better. So much so that I'm re-unfolding it at the moment just for kicks. :cool:

Ral Partha said:
To anyone who's going to try to unfold this, I've played around with what DF4L suggested and I came up with an assembled height of about 27 -29 cm as good starting points.
ur not going to unfold it??? lol the best unfold job gets posted on the wiki ;)

dannifood4less said:
ur not going to unfold it??? lol the best unfold job gets posted on the wiki ;)
I'm actually unfolding it right now but I'm not rushing it. I'm rushing my friend's helmet before he graduates this weekend, though.

Ral Partha said:
I'm actually unfolding it right now but I'm not rushing it. I'm rushing my friend's helmet before he graduates this weekend, though.
ok, cool.
how'd you like my method of scaling the permutation?
-i think this can be a possible way to scale all the chest permutation, it seems to me to be the easiest way.

dannifood4less said:
how'd you like my method of scaling the permutation?
-i think this can be a possible way to scale all the chest permutation, it seems to me to be the easiest way.
IMO, this is the ideal way of scaling chest perms: taking the chest piece that you intend to use and superimposing the chest perm and adjusting the scale until they fit together.

I don't know if you used a 3D program to layer them together but I tried to import the scout chest perm pdo into the FS chest piece pdo but because the difference in their scaling, the perm looks really tiny next to the chest piece. I have yet to figure out how I can line them up like you had in your file within Designer. All of these are still at preliminary stages. I only spent no more than 30 minutes earlier this afternoon playing around using your method but it's very promising.

Ral Partha said:
IMO, this is the ideal way of scaling chest perms: taking the chest piece that you intend to use and superimposing the chest perm and adjusting the scale until they fit together.

I don't know if you used a 3D program to layer them together but I tried to import the scout chest perm pdo into the FS chest piece pdo but because the difference in their scaling, the perm looks really tiny next to the chest piece. I have yet to figure out how I can line them up like you had in your file within Designer. All of these are still at preliminary stages. I only spent no more than 30 minutes earlier this afternoon playing around using your method but it's very promising.
yes it has to be done in a 3d editor,, i no longer have FS' 3d model (had it before, but i accidentally deleted it)
but it should'nt make a difference, the assembeled height for a low detail model will be the same regardless of the amount of detail. vrogy already sent the request to FS to get the model for use in this regard. so we just have to wait to see.

dannifood4less said:
yes it has to be done in a 3d editor,, i no longer have FS' 3d model (had it before, but i accidentally deleted it)
but it should'nt make a difference, the assembeled height for a low detail model will be the same regardless of the amount of detail.
Yeah, that's true.It's still a good idea to use FS's model since it's pretty much the de facto model for chest pieces.

dannifood4less said:
vrogy already sent the request to FS to get the model for use in this regard. so we just have to wait to see.
I guess whoever is going to create a chest perm has to include a chest piece for scaling purposes. Your method takes away a lot of guesswork in scaling the perms.

dont do any more unfolding on this,, i had to adjust the scale of it.. and vrogy is going to tweak it a bit more.. so the finished model should be done soon. sorry guys!

AAAAH WHY!? AS I WAS JUST ABOUT TO FINISH IT!!!!
lol just kidding :lol: im probably not gonna unfold this.

someone can do a way better job than me :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back