Sean Bradley ODST Helmet Kit Repaint

ImBlaze

I Got an ODST Helmet kit from SeanBradley for my birthday and I Painted it. I had a total of 2 attempts at it the first time i tried and it absolutely backfired because I messed up on the top stripe of the ODST Helmet... After a week of letting the paint fully cure Resanding started the first attempt I Sanded at about 280 grit, applied automotive primer, Wet sanded at about 400, then applied a silver coat. After the silver was done curing i applied some Iron Mountain spray paint from BEHR and then started to work on the other colors. I added the red stripe at the top then when i tried to add a blue one i accidentally made it very uneven and ended up with this monstrocity...
IMG_2558.JPG

After that I tried to salvage it but ended up waiting a week because I had a summer camp to attend to in Kansas City. But once I managed to sand it down and get it decently smooth (decided I didn't want to make it too smooth because of a style choice) I then instead of adding another coat of silver I added another coat of gray then went about adding all the rest of the colors. once the base colors were done from the spray paint I hand painted some of the details like the Blue, Yellow, and Dark Gray Bits which are acrylic paints. then I added a coat of Matte Clear coat then went about weathering the entire Helmet. I love how Heavy Blackwash looks so I typically do that. Then I spray painted a puddle of silver spray paint onto a paper plate then just took a piece of scrap EVA foam and used that to make the silver details. I love how it came out and it came out very stylized!
IMG_2615.JPG
IMG_2618.JPG
IMG_2616.JPG
IMG_2617.JPG
IMG_2627.jpeg

Nice work bro! Love the hull attachment on side, always been a fan of odst helmets with add ons and attachments. I like how you added other colours and weathered them to look like a battle worn helmet.

Nice work bro! Love the hull attachment on side, always been a fan of odst helmets with add ons and attachments. I like how you added other colours and weathered them to look like a battle worn helmet.
Thanks! I've been told that it gives it a somewhat borderlands style and to be honest I absolutely love stylized things sometimes more than the normal thing the little joke is that my ODST always ducks to the left and sticks out a bit too much and gets hit on the right side of the head a lot hence why there is so much more battle damage there

Paint has attitude doesn't it? Looks like you managed to get a pretty smooth coat even though it didn't work the first time! Looks great blaze! That's quite the battle damaged helmet! I think you need to learn a very important skill: DUCKING!!

Paint has attitude doesn't it? Looks like you managed to get a pretty smooth coat even though it didn't work the first time! Looks great blaze! That's quite the battle damaged helmet! I think you need to learn a very important skill: DUCKING!!
Yeah eventually I’ll repaint it again when I actually make an odst suit unless I decide to go with a clumsy odst persona for it and then I’ll just add personality and lots of damage to all the parts xD (in reality I also have really good dodging abilities some people think I actually have a spider sense sometimes…)

This thread is more than 8 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back