Sk8AlmostBay's Reach EOD Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's soooo Late! Stayed up until now forging with some friends. I saw my sexy self and decided to take some reference photo's for the build. I'm only posting them so i don't forget about them.
DSCN0842.jpg

DSCN0843.jpg

DSCN0846.jpg

DSCN0848.jpg

DSCN0849.jpg

DSCN0850.jpg

DSCN0841.jpg

@Hyperballistik

Do you think if i mudglass it when i am finished it will withstand a drop?

If you mudglass it it should help it withstand a drop, It may still crack but it shouldn't crack into little pieces and would be easier to repair, I just noticed with rondo its brittle when its used alone, but when used with fiberglass cloth it just like using just fiberglass just a little stronger, but be careful or that helmet will start to get heavy

I noticed in your ref pictures the EOD has a light blue looking visor what are you planning to use for your visor, I built this helmet already its just in pep stage sitting in my closet I always liked the reach version better than the H3 version eod

If you mudglass it it should help it withstand a drop, It may still crack but it shouldn't crack into little pieces and would be easier to repair, I just noticed with rondo its brittle when its used alone, but when used with fiberglass cloth it just like using just fiberglass just a little stronger, but be careful or that helmet will start to get heavy

I noticed in your ref pictures the EOD has a light blue looking visor what are you planning to use for your visor, I built this helmet already its just in pep stage sitting in my closet I always liked the reach version better than the H3 version eod

I will just get a blue motorcycle visor and use that. And i agree, reach EOD looks better. more advanced although it shouldn't be.

Update time!

I finally got a large can of bondo! I worked with it all day and have some pictures for you guys.

bondoed the top a little.
DSCN0852.jpg

DSCN0853.jpg

after sanding
DSCN0854.jpg

DSCN0855.jpg

DSCN0856.jpg

And that middle part
DSCN0858.jpg

DSCN0857.jpg

after sanding
DSCN0860.jpg

DSCN0863.jpg

DSCN0862.jpg

DSCN0861.jpg

DSCN0859.jpg

went ahead and rondoed the right handplate and bicep. That middle part on the helmet still needs work. but my nest step for that section of the helmet is spot putty.

Just so you know, you really are doing a fantastic job. Hopefully this thread gets a little more attention, because it deserves it. Awesome work so far.

Just so you know, you really are doing a fantastic job. Hopefully this thread gets a little more attention, because it deserves it. Awesome work so far.

Thank you very much man. it means a lot. I just want to be told the truth, because i've seen really terrible builds and people reply "good job" and stuff but they are clearly lying. But really thanks a lot:)

Thank you very much man. it means a lot. I just want to be told the truth, because i've seen really terrible builds and people reply "good job" and stuff but they are clearly lying. But really thanks a lot:)

Well, I definitely mean it. Just take your time with it and it should turn out great. The Bondo work is looking good. I don't know if you have any, but auto glaze (metal glaze) works real nice on filling pin holes and indents. i use it alot. If you look at my build its the blue stuff. Its somewhat self leveling. reminds me of rondo, just not so runny. I don't like spot putty, but it really doesn't matter. either one works. sorry for ranting. Keep up the good work!

Well, I definitely mean it. Just take your time with it and it should turn out great. The Bondo work is looking good. I don't know if you have any, but auto glaze (metal glaze) works real nice on filling pin holes and indents. i use it alot. If you look at my build its the blue stuff. Its somewhat self leveling. reminds me of rondo, just not so runny. I don't like spot putty, but it really doesn't matter. either one works. sorry for ranting. Keep up the good work!

ha thanks for the tip. and you are not ranting:) i see it as constructive criticism from a successful builder:) and i will definitely check out the metal glaze

that's a really nice build... GREAT JOB!!!!

Thank you very much! thanks ot everyone that has posted!

Update: Ok so today i didn't feel like working on the helmet, so i worked on one of my MkVI biceps. I cut my bicep into two pieces, the bicep, and the tricep. today i worked on the bicep part. i bondoed and sanded until i got the shape i wanted, and then i used spot putty for the first time. that stuff is great! i wet sanded it and got a very smooth result. anyways after that, i used a dremel and detailed it some. i will post pictures tomorrow, because i don't have my camera at the moment. any tips or advice would be appriciated!

Well done indeed! But hold up here!
1: does Rondo negate the need for fiberglass matt?!!! D:
2: Is that Rondo you have on the inside? It's very smooth-looking.

Well done indeed! But hold up here!
1: does Rondo negate the need for fiberglass matt?!!! D:
2: Is that Rondo you have on the inside? It's very smooth-looking.

Well according to Blackula, if you rondo it and drop it from a certain height, it will crack. but yes, it does negate the need for fiberglass matt. Blackula told me to mudglass it, which means to put down some fiberglass matt, and then rondo over it, making it twice as strong and will not crack if dropped. to answer your second question, yes, that is rondo on the inside, it is very smooth when it dries because it is like a liquid and runs. it will still stick to the sides of your helmet though. and thank you for the complement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back