Sk8AlmostBay's Reach EOD Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done indeed! But hold up here!
1: does Rondo negate the need for fiberglass matt?!!! D:
2: Is that Rondo you have on the inside? It's very smooth-looking.
To answer your questions, Yes, and Yes. At least if my eyes aren't decieving me. I find it's a much more workable and easier alternative to fiberglass, at least from my experience. I'm pretty sure Sk8bay would agree:D

To answer your questions, Yes, and Yes. At least if my eyes aren't decieving me. I find it's a much more workable and easier alternative to fiberglass, at least from my experience. I'm pretty sure Sk8bay would agree:D

you sir, are very correct. rondoing is amazing. period.

Update time!
Ok so i have a rather small update today, because school has been keeping me busy lately. Anyways i did a little bondo work on the sides of my helmet, and spot puttied/wet sanded the top a bit. i also worked on my bicep some. i have it in three pieces now, but the small piece is for a small buckle to fit under. i still need to clean up on my bondo on both projects. SOOOOO here are some pictures.

DSCN0868.jpg

DSCN0865.jpg

DSCN0866.jpg

DSCN0869.jpg

DSCN0880.jpg

And there you go! and there's my beautiful face lol. i plan on doing a lot more bondo on the helmet this weekend.

It was a very happy day for me on friday!!! I FINALLY got a new printer. And since i got that printer, i immediately started pepping my Mk VI chest. I am a bit more that half way done. I have the whole front done, minus the ab plate, and some of the back done. but i plan on finishing it in the nest two days. i will take pictures of it when i resin and rondo it. does anyone want pics of the pep? tell me of so and i will get some. but i will keep you updated on the progress.

Nice work on the helmet! And I vote yes on the chest pep pictures!

All i needed was one. i will get the pics of my progress on later tonight. and thank you for the complement! i am in a pepping mode for now because i've been messing with bondo for a couple of weeks. i will probably get back to the helmet after resining and rondoing my torso.

Nice job, It's definitely coming together. The bondo and cleaning up stage for me is the longest of everything. Anyhoo, Looking good!

Nice job, It's definitely coming together. The bondo and cleaning up stage for me is the longest of everything. Anyhoo, Looking good!

true! it does take a long time go get what you want.

ok everyone, here is those pep pics. here's what i have in three days:
DSCN0881.jpg

DSCN0882.jpg

hope to finish it in a couple days. i have been pretty busy:(

Looking good, you still have the fun part to build, all the little back detail pieces, I suggest removing the edge ID's for those parts, it makes it so much easier to build, but I feel for you I had to build that same chest twice, great job so far

Looking good, you still have the fun part to build, all the little back detail pieces, I suggest removing the edge ID's for those parts, it makes it so much easier to build, but I feel for you I had to build that same chest twice, great job so far

yeah i really don't like the back part AT ALL! it looks awesome but it is kinda a b**ch to make lol. i guess i will take off the edge id's. i just want to hurry and finish it before it warps or anything. but has anyone ever tried freezing their pepakura stuff so it won't warp? or would that warp it more?

yeah i really don't like the back part AT ALL! it looks awesome but it is kinda a b**ch to make lol. i guess i will take off the edge id's. i just want to hurry and finish it before it warps or anything. but has anyone ever tried freezing their pepakura stuff so it won't warp? or would that warp it more?

No don't freeze it that probably wouldn't be good for it, especially with the moisture invovled. I wouold at least resin the outside of the pep, but if you can't do that right now, you may be able to spray on some clear spray paint, but I doubt it will really prevent it from warping but may help keeping moisture away, prob your best bet is to store it somewhere safe where no one goes into like a spare closet hang the chest on a clothes hanger, I have a reach chest hanging in my closet its still in pep and not hardend and its still straight and its been there for about 3 months now

No don't freeze it that probably wouldn't be good for it, especially with the moisture invovled. I wouold at least resin the outside of the pep, but if you can't do that right now, you may be able to spray on some clear spray paint, but I doubt it will really prevent it from warping but may help keeping moisture away, prob your best bet is to store it somewhere safe where no one goes into like a spare closet hang the chest on a clothes hanger, I have a reach chest hanging in my closet its still in pep and not hardend and its still straight and its been there for about 3 months now

i never thought of that. thanks for the tip! i will do it.

wow. using the reach EOD, but MK VI, good to see people mixing it up. im a little bit freaked though, becase asside from the chest piece, your reach character is the same as mine, same colour scme, and same other armour parts, looks like us EOD fans really like the white, maybey its a storm trooper thing.
as for the chest piece, if it turns out as well as the helm did, your onto a winner. if that torso fits you will also be lucky. i think i had to make 3 different torsos, though they were low def, the HD ones are far better, as you will probarbly know.
just the visor to sort out for the EOD now.

wow. using the reach EOD, but MK VI, good to see people mixing it up. im a little bit freaked though, becase asside from the chest piece, your reach character is the same as mine, same colour scme, and same other armour parts, looks like us EOD fans really like the white, maybey its a storm trooper thing.
as for the chest piece, if it turns out as well as the helm did, your onto a winner. if that torso fits you will also be lucky. i think i had to make 3 different torsos, though they were low def, the HD ones are far better, as you will probarbly know.
just the visor to sort out for the EOD now.

Hey did you check out the EOD helmet for your avatar? Kind of want it.....

By the way this EOD is sweet. I want to try one now.

@ 0235

yeah the color scheme is the best:D what a coincidence!

@ wrath prime

you should definitely make one. i need more competition! thanks!

@ tomahawk nutter

thanks man, you should make one also:D and i agree 100%. EOD is the best design. and i like your name. it made me laugh:)

It's really coming together fast. The whole suit is going to be awesome, I've never seen an EOD suit finished and it's my favorite armor. Also, really clean pep work! Nice job.

@ 0235

@ tomahawk nutter

thanks man, you should make one also:D and i agree 100%. EOD is the best design. and i like your name. it made me laugh:)

haha yeah by far the best, its different, the others all look the same, haha cheers mon, i thought of it from call of duty black ops, just love shouting TOMAHAWK when i get people

It's really coming together fast. The whole suit is going to be awesome, I've never seen an EOD suit finished and it's my favorite armor. Also, really clean pep work! Nice job.

thanks. i really haven't even looked at the helmet in about a week... i think? but when i at least rondo the chest after it's finished, i will start on the helmet some more. i need to look at some good reference pictures if anyone can help. but my work should be coming a bit faster in the next couple weeks. and that's interesting tomahawknutter. and i agree that most of the other helmets look incredibly similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back