spn_phoenix_92's Halo Reach Foam Armor Build (Pic Heavy!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried using a few more layers of filler primer, and it just kept making more bubbles, so I tried the auto primer, same thing. I just finished lightly sanding it and filling in all the little holes with silicone, and will try again tomorrow but with regular primer this time. Hope that fixes it.

No matter what I do, more air bubbles form with each coat of primer. I may just have to live with it and paint it that way. :( If someone would help that would be amazing.

That sounds wierd mate. Are the bubbles only forming in the one place? Maybe you should give it a coat of paint and see how the paint looks. But I cant see why it keeps bubbling up like your pic shows. All I can do for you my friend is wish you luck. Keep us posted on how it turns out. I'm sure a few of us have had a few issues like this at some point.

Update time!

I decided the heck with it and to start painting even though there were air bubbles. I masked off the main part and painted the secondary colors first, but I made a rookie mistake. Instead of using the painters tape I have, I reached for the first masking tape I seen, and it turned out to be a roll my dad's had for a long time and it left a crap ton of sticky residue behind. Normally I would use goo gone or something to remove it, but this is foam, anyone know of anything to use that is foam safe? (note the color is really a dark red, the camera picks it up weird.)

DSCN0613.jpg

DSCN0615.jpg

DSCN0616.jpg

DSCN0617.jpg

Sticky crap.

DSCN0618.jpg

Notice the air bubbles from before.

DSCN0619.jpg

So far, I'n not really diggin the paint. I'm thinking about using some metallic paint instead, but have no idea if that's a good idea or not. I know I've seen some nice gun metal grey paint at walmart, and metallic dark red (think iron man red) at the local autozone, so I may go with those. Any input is appreciated. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back