Star Wars Imperial Guard Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the revised face/cheeks.

[attachment=4889:IG4.jpg]

I've reworked the area to get the "T" shape, I've sunk the cheeks in a pinch too to highlight it. I have to be careful here though because this is the problem area for most people when their helmets don't fit properly.

I'm adding the ridge at the back now. I had to tweak the upper ridge around the cap too. Still needs some work but it's looking closer to the real thing.
[attachment=4906:IG6.jpg]

I'm glad you guys are liking it. I wasn't sure about posting it here as it wasn't Halo.

I can't speak for everyone (well - no one but myself actually) but you post whatever you come up with! You've proven your abilities and most folks around here like more than just Halo.

tlither said:
I can't speak for everyone (well - no one but myself actually) but you post whatever you come up with! You've proven your abilities and most folks around here like more than just Halo.

Yeah that's true I guess. Though some forums are strict about keeping to the genre or subject matter. I posted a thread about this at The Dented Helmet and so far it's only got two replies. Looks like Manolorians really don't like the Empire! LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow that's amazing! I thought about making that for my brother but I decided to make him a recon helmet instead. This is going to be awesome! Thank You So Much!

Thanks for the thanks guys. :) I have other non-Halo projects in mind too. Though you'll have to wait and see what they could be. ;)

Morning friends. Just a quick post to say I started unfolding the improved helmet lastnight. I didn't get too far tough, I had this bug/cold that was kicking the crap out me. Feelin' a wee bit better today though so I hope t have this sucker printed out and ready for a testbuild tonight.

Pics will follow.

You mean the pic of Kir Kanos I posted a while back? Yeah well that's the plan. Thy don't wear full armor like troopers do. They have gauntlets, chest back and torso armor, and then the shoulders. The legs are actually high boots which I think is a tad camp so I'm planning on doing armor there instead, nothing heavy just some plates or something.

Ok, finally! I've managed to get over the worst of this bug I've had(the migraine I had lastnight was a killer!).

I've got all the fixes done on the helmet now, it's unfolded and I have it all printed out ready for test building. I won't have time to start tonight but I will tomorrow and I'll have a fair bit more time in the week too to get it done. Pics as I have them. ;)

Yeeeeeessssss!
Sweet project, can't wait to see what you come up with, skip. Not that I'll ever have time to build it...
I loved Crimson Empire when it came out, and these have always been one of my fave helmets from the SW universe. Kir Kanos would be a very cool costume to see done.

Thanks Ruze. ;) I have a few things I want to get done as you know. I think I'll do that bounty hunter we talked about next, then hopefully start the Republic Commando. That's non halo anyway, I'm still looking forward to getting the busa helmet off the ground too. ;)

I hope to have this build started today.

Test build started now. The face is almost done, the fit is good I think and the shape isn't bad. Though the shape will improve as the rest is built, pulling it all together. Hopefully. LOL!

[attachment=5004:DSC00155.JPG][attachment=5005:DSC00157.JPG]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back