Star Wars Imperial Guard Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks again guys.

As for Fett, I'll be redoing my previous model of it. See the first one was purely meant as a papermodel for display. It was fully textured, not 1:1 scale and in some places was difficult to build.

So, I'll be remodelling a new one and releasing that in 1:1 scale, without textures. Though I'm in no hurry as there are fantastic templates for Fett already available at The Dented Helmet. They were created by WizardofFlight/Alan Sinclair and make an outstanding bucket! All of WoF templates are brilliant!

I think I would have got the pep build done lastnight if the wife hadn't demanded a night of quality time! So hopefuly today will be the day.

Skupilkinson said:
Thanks again guys.

As for Fett, I'll be redoing my previous model of it. See the first one was purely meant as a papermodel for display. It was fully textured, not 1:1 scale and in some places was difficult to build.

So, I'll be remodelling a new one and releasing that in 1:1 scale, without textures. Though I'm in no hurry as there are fantastic templates for Fett already available at The Dented Helmet. They were created by WizardofFlight/Alan Sinclair and make an outstanding bucket! All of WoF templates are brilliant!

I think I would have got the pep build done lastnight if the wife hadn't demanded a night of quality time! So hopefuly today will be the day.
:rolleyes Those silly wives...

I kid, I kid. But hey, that helmet is become quite spiffy.

On the Fett subject, if it wasn't 1:1 scale, maybe it would be easier if it were bigger, but don't take my advice,you know your helmet better than I do.

Last edited by a moderator:
:) Indeed. How dare they interupt valuable development time! Still, if you want a nice peaceful life, keep the missus happy! ;)

As for Fett, yeah it's not as simple as that. The mesh is overly complicated, the unfolding is bad in places. I was fairly new to the papermodel game then so my experience(or lack of) showed. I'll just redo it.

Now, for a tasty update!

Fit is snug but good. I only have a few more sections now and it'll be done! Thanks for watching this thread guys! It's been a source of encouragement!

Onto the pics!
DSC00168.jpg

DSC00169.jpg

DSC00171.jpg

I have to admit that I was worrying about the fit at this stage. Glad it worked out Ok.
DSC00166.jpg

I have a big head so if this fits me snuggly then it sould be fine for anyone else. The measurements match the DP helmet from what I've been told.

Enjoy!

Yeah Skip, I am working on it. Sorry for the time delays. Looks good, again. Don't forget to make the suit cannon for the 501st.

Ya know, the idea of being part of a group and going off in costume does sound cool to me. Though the reality is my family keeps me busy as it is. Besides, where I live there isn't much opportunity for trooping of any kind. Smilie120 can back me up on that I'm sure.

Maybe once my 4th child is born and out of nappies I can do something. Until then I'm just happy enough designing things and building for myself.

Skupilkinson said:
where I live there isn't much opportunity for trooping of any kind. Smilie120 can back me up on that I'm sure.

You don't need opportunities, really. Wear your costume to Walmart next time you need groceries! :p

ShearMe said:
You don't need opportunities, really. Wear your costume to Walmart next time you need groceries! :p

There is no wal-mart. And if you did ware you'r costume out..Youd probrably get ran over or stabbed by some boy-racer.

BTW. Looking good Skip.

You got that right brother! Well, maybe not stabbed.LOL! People here in our neck of the woods at least, just aren't as cool about this sort of thing as you guys in the states. A shame really.

It would be so cool if travel to the states was alot cheaper! I'd love to go over and rock it with you guys at a con. Like I said though, maybe when my expected new arrival is out of nappies(diapers) I'll look into the events in England.

We may not have Wallmart, but we do have Asda. Which if I remember right is owned by Wallmart. ;)

The helmet is all done now. To the point where I can put it on and see the fit of the whole thing. It's weird just how restrictive it is when you can't move your neck inside it. That's because it goes down to the shoulders though, not a fit issue. Like before the fit is still snug but it's not difficult to put it over my head.

Really happy with this! I'll upload it in the morning and release it. ;) I'll post some finished pics too!

Morning guys and gals,

A new day so I have new pics.

DSC00180.jpg

DSC00184.jpg

DSC00185.jpg

DSC00186.jpg

Now I just need to add the trim to help it hold it's shape, then the support.

And here is the link to download this helmet.

As with the 'Busas perm, this file is free and I'd like it to stay that way. I don't want to see this file being used for personal profit or uploaded to other file hosts. I want it only available from the above link so I get a good idea of the interest in my stuff. If I do find it being sold or offered anywhere else then I'll consider removing my files from public download and keeping future works for myself.

With that out of the way, I hope you guys have as much fun building this as I did. I'll update this hread as I continue on to resin and glass and eventually bondo.

Thanks again for watching! :D

Well I wasn't the first download but that's fine. Skip, this thing looks fantastic! Excellent work (as usual). The only problem I see with it is that it will be sitting on my hard drive waiting for me to finish my MC armor first! I'll have to get really busy on that so I can build this one. Thank you very much and keep em coming!

LOL concidentially, if you look inside the helmet where the dome is, it looks like the Senate Hall from Star Wars. Thought I just point that you because of the .... relation. But other than that, can't wait to work on it! Nice job Skip!

Thanks guys!

Funny you should mention the Senate! One of my ideas is to take this model and adapt it to create the Senate Guard helmet! The blue one ya know?

I'll edit rather than DP again. I've just finished fibreglassing most of the inside. I skipped giving the exterior a coat or two of resin first. I just wanted to see if it was actually necessary, or just cautious. I started fron the top/dome and worked downward. Stopping at intervals to allow the glass/resin combo to start to set. It works pretty well, now I'll go back and finish the neck and shoulders then leave it all overnight.

Thanks for sharing the pdo file. The detail on it is great! Any aspirations for doing a Vader helmet in the future?

Thank again.

No plans for Vader at the moment. Though a friend of mine has asked about me doing him a Vader chest/shoulder piece for his kids Vader helmet.

There are a lot of tabs but in my view it's worth it when you see the final build. It should save so much time when you get to the bondo stage. ;)

Skupilkinson said:
No plans for Vader at the moment. Though a friend of mine has asked about me doing him a Vader chest/shoulder piece for his kids Vader helmet.

There are a lot of tabs but in my view it's worth it when you see the final build. It should save so much time when you get to the bondo stage. ;)

QFT.

Look's awesome Skip! Kudos.

Thanks buddy, I'm glad you think so. The weather as you know has been crap here, so I've made no further progress on this. :( Hopefully I'll have some luck over the weekend.

That helmet looks sick! great job on the pep man.... It looks liek it took ALOT of scoring and cutting... way too much for my impatient mind lol. Great work :]

Are yougoin to be finishing the rest of the outfit? (sorry if you already answered that question.. i didnt feel like reading through 4 pages lol)

The scoring wasn't as bad as it may look. Most of the curved surfaces didn't quire scoring, only the more detailed areas like the face and the ridges.

I do plan on continueing with the rest, though I'm not going for the typical RG. I plan on doing the armor seen in the Crimson Empire graphic novels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back