Sue's Halo 2 Cortana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calliopeia

A little bit of history regarding my Cortana. This suit was done back in 2007. It took me a total of ten days, no sleep, rushing it out for the Halo 3 launch. I'm still amazed at what I could do in such little time!

ctn-work2.jpg

Of course, even then it was still a WIP. I didn't have enough time to get a proper wig, and parts of my suit was undone (see the feet and lower arms). Also, I didn't do any makeup tests before the actual day, and when the face paint screwed up, all I could do was throw on a pair of shades to hide it. :(

ctn04.jpg
ctn08.jpg

I didn't do anything else to it after its debut, cept for chucking it in my wardrobe. :p

ctn-layfront.jpg
ctn-layback.jpg

Fast forward two years.

Figured it was 'bout time I shook the dust of my dear purple A.I. So here I am now. Will be posting updates of my progress.

I did some shopping today, got better face paint, and a silver fabric marker. One of my plans was to draw the holographic lines down the suit, but I'm not quite sure whether or not to go ahead, for fear of ruining everything. Might do a makeup test tomorrow though. :D

(PS. All the photos in this thread are bout two years old lol, but I promise to update with current photos soon!)

@ pooper, thecarlzzon, SavvyTank, Underdogg13, krazyazntrekkie, Shade, MIRAGE, LauraD - Thank you all for your comments! <3 It's really encouraging.

Wow, looking great! Nice to see some in progress shots. ;) I wish I could've done my designs laid out flat like that, but it didn't work out so well...

And yes, please post makeup tests! and if it's not too much to ask, pics of the wig! :D

@ ACDCrockr209, Shaymin Sky, GamerGear - Thanks!!

{Cortana said:
Wow, looking great! Nice to see some in progress shots. ;) I wish I could've done my designs laid out flat like that, but it didn't work out so well...

And yes, please post makeup tests! and if it's not too much to ask, pics of the wig! :D

Thank youuu! Haha yes I will post photos of the wig. Maybe together with my makeup, see how it all fits together. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Calliopeia said:
@ ACDCrockr209, Shaymin Sky, GamerGear - Thanks!!

Thank youuu! Haha yes I will post photos of the wig. Maybe together with my makeup, see how it all fits together. :D

Awesome! Can't wait! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
@ Flyerfye, 5-point, Judge - Thank you!! But nope I didn't sew it. I ordered a made-to-measure purple unitard from a dancewear store, and painted on the rest from there. :D

UPDATES

I did my first makeup test this morning. First off, the paint came out redder and more violet-ish than it appeared on the palette. Also, I had a lot of trouble trying to get it even. As you can see from the photo it was quite patchy. The paint (by GRIMAS), is cream based, and its not exactly the easiest thing to blend.

I wore eyeshadow and eyeliner on top of the paint, but it was, like I said earlier, hard to blend.

Photo79.jpg

I'll keep practicing till I can get it better. Any suggestions or tips? :D

PS. I wish I could claim credit for the beads-in-the-wig genius idea, but alas I cannot; I would never have thought of doing that! This is {Cortana's old wig. Thank you!

Here's a back of the wig photo.

Photo81.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back