Tampa Bay area ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
date wise when are u planning this??? this weekend(comming up) i have my daughter for the week.(tend to give her all my attention when she is here...)

just asking cause if it is this comming weekend i couldnt do it...(unless my mom would watch my daughter for a few hours)

Im in Orlando :)

I have a storage room big enough to have like 20 people working on armor. I had a meet-up a couple months back and nobody showed up. So if anybody is up to come here to orlando to work on armor for a couple of hours just hit me up with a PM so we can organize something

I'd have some issue getting out to Orlando, and really I'd only be there for the camaraderie because I have no BIG projects going right now.

^ to far of a drive for me to work on my armor some... and redoing my armor in HD is Taking forever without numbers(couldnt see half the folds with numbers) 4 hours in sofar and i have 1/8th of the chest done...

Alex, I'd like to come out for a visit sometime and check out some of your work if that's alright with you. Sumofl, you can cruise over to Orlando with me you're only about 30 minuets south of where I live. Unfortunately I cannot transport what I'm working on though.

Tampa area guys, how's Sunday looking for a local meet up?

I'd be fine with that. So long as nothing important pops up last second like they tend to when I plan to do things....

Maybe not the Orlando thing, That's like way out there for me... but, We'll see how that plays out.

Well just keep us posted about Sunday, and going over to Orlando would have to be a road trip one day for sure. I've also found a few others that live in our area but it looks like they all have private messaging turned off and I don't want to necro 6 month old threads just to get a response..

Sucks that noone's responding.... Sure would like to know the location we're meeting before Sunday rolls around....

I will be working on my armor on Saturday all afternoon if anyone wants to come out to Riverview. Here is my address: 10627 Egret Haven Lane Riverview Fl 33578.
Sunday I'm got going to be home. I should be fiberglassing all my pieces this week and maybe start bondo on Saturday, depends on amount of time I have. If anyone wants to work on armor I have card stock, glue sticks, extra guns and enough ink in my printer to print several suits worth of armor. I have a 4x8 foot light table in my sunroom with a 3z6 foot plastic cutting board on it. I have one more shin piece to finish, which should be done by tomorrow. Should be getting my loadbearing suspenders, belt, chicago screws before this weekend. I only have to order strapping and buckles, but will go to joann fabrics for spray adhesive and costume foam.

Here is my email and cell number:
rsharitz@verizon.net
813 486-0285

Sounds like you're making good progress on your build Rsharitz, keep it up! I have to work pretty much all day Saturday and then I have a wedding reception to go to that night so Saturday is no go for me. As for Sunday, someone mentioned countryside but if there's another place you have in mind feel free to suggest somewhere else, I'm game for whatever.

I just brought home a ream of yellow card stock, four glue guns, about 100 glue sticks and cutting boards. I starting fiberglassing today and got by: shins, thighs, boots and hand pieces glasses today after work. Tomorrow I hope to get most of the other pieces glasses, then I'll give them a second coat, mesh the insides hopefully by next week. Bondo, not looking forward to it, but it's a necessary evil. Thanks, it's going well, but not going to rush it to get done for halloween. I still need to get my buckles and straps and costume foam, but all other parts are either ordered or here.

No rush on getting together, since I'm working on glass, not something you want other people around, but I go have a large sunroom that people can work on pep. stuff. I'm going to keep all the extra supplies, in case we get together somewhere and someone needs something I'll have it. I can even bring my wireless printer to print pep. files when ever we do get together. My next build will be a reach suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back