Thank you Bungie Armor Compilation Video Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Count me in! im not completely done with my MK VI but i have a ODST helm from Halo 2 that just needs padding and ill be done!

You could get a "scripted" thank you letter together that when read would run on 2-3 minutes. Then have each member read the letter, make a vid, and submit. Then edit the thank you letter to showcase all of the members.

It would be a lot more interesting, and watchable. Than 7 minutes of random thank yous and messages imo. Plus it gives you more control as an editor.

You could get a "scripted" thank you letter together that when read would run on 2-3 minutes. Then have each member read the letter, make a vid, and submit. Then edit the thank you letter to showcase all of the members.

It would be a lot more interesting, and watchable. Than 7 minutes of random thank yous and messages imo. Plus it gives you more control as an editor.

I totally agree and I am totally up for this.

Best idea I've heard yet.

what you could do is have ppl make a 10 second video in their armor saying "thanks bungie" then they email it to the video editor and he combines all of them together and sends it to bungie on release of halo reach

When did you want the video footage by?

Taking into consideration what Spartan-270 said, I would say a monday deadline is a bit too soon. I am currently waiting for a confirmation from Spase, who seems to like the idea. When I get his approval, we can set a deadline for submitted footage. That is, assuming no one has a problem with me doing the editing. If you feel someone is better qualifed, feel free to voice your opinion, if not, I'll go ahead with this.

I also really like this idea! It's a great way to avoid some unnecessary hassle and technical issues. Now if this letter were to be read by many members, it would need to be somewhat subdivided, like into short stanzas, so the transitions from member to member could be a little smoother. For instance, it could go a little something like this,

Dear Bungie, thanks for being so awesome!

Throughout the years, we've been through thick and thin. Tossing frag grenades and swinging hammers. We've made a lot of friends, and some enemies too. We've sold our souls to Bondo Corp., and have worn out countless respirators. We've sanded till our hands bleed, and then sanded some more. We've super glued our fingers shut, and killed hundreds of trees....etc.

This would be divided like so with the parenthesis indicating where it would cut to a new member.

(Dear Bungie, thanks for being so awesome!)

(Throughout the years, we've been through thick and thin.) (Tossing frag grenades) (and swinging hammers.) (We've made a lot of friends,) (and some enemies too.) (We've sold our souls to Bondo Corp.,) (and have worn out countless respirators.) (We've sanded till our hands bleed,) (and then sanded some more.) (We've super glued our fingers shut,) (and killed hundreds of trees....)

Like Hugh said, for efficiency, members would need to record themselves reading the entire dialogue with their suit or prop. It would be edited for smooth transitions, and set to some appropriate halo themed music.

Does everybody like this idea? Anyone with something to add or change? Keep in mind, that was just an example, a real letter would need more segments, to account for the many members participating. We would need someone to write a letter with this general theme. Anyone volunteer to work on it?

(Dear Bungie, thanks for being so awesome!)

(Throughout the years, we've been through thick and thin.) (Tossing frag grenades) (and swinging hammers.) (We've made a lot of friends,) (and some enemies too.) (We've sold our souls to Bondo Corp.,) (and have worn out countless respirators.) (We've sanded till our hands bleed,) (and then sanded some more.) (We've super glued our fingers shut,) (and killed hundreds of trees....)

all true...

Amen!

I have just called dibs on editing this. We write a nice letter (Its already been started really nicely, keep it going), have everyone read it slowly, I'll cut between people and try and get everyone into the letter. But after the letter, everyone should say thank you and whatnot for at least 7 seconds. Becasue after all, Bungie <3 7. And I could edit the video to 7:07 and have it be really awesome.

Again, I just called SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many dibs on editing this. E-mail your footage as either a .mpeg2 or .wmv or .wav or something not weird and not Mac. I have Adobe Premier Pro and After Effects and i'm a very proficent editor so it will be in good hands. E-Mail to fuzzybear84@live.com ASAP.

Cant wait for the script! I think it should be posted on the first post so everyone who is looking for it can just read it when they see the thread.

Alright, Heavy Gunner and I can collaborate as the heads of this "project" so to speak. I'm liking the script so far and the idea. And just going to shout out some basic clarification.

- You have to have some kind of armor, prop, etc. If you aren't done with your suit, finish a portion that will seem visible to the camera, like body armor and up for example.

-If you do not have a video camera, like previously said, picture will be sufficient.

- Once the script is finished, either Heavy Gunner or I will post it up from which everyone can grab it and tele prompt it in their video, etc.

-Remember keep in mind, footage between clips and armors will vary.

Any further questions?

I have just called dibs on editing this. We write a nice letter (Its already been started really nicely, keep it going), have everyone read it slowly, I'll cut between people and try and get everyone into the letter. But after the letter, everyone should say thank you and whatnot for at least 7 seconds. Becasue after all, Bungie <3 7. And I could edit the video to 7:07 and have it be really awesome.

Again, I just called SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many dibs on editing this. E-mail your footage as either a .mpeg2 or .wmv or .wav or something not weird and not Mac. I have Adobe Premier Pro and After Effects and i'm a very proficent editor so it will be in good hands. E-Mail to fuzzybear84@live.com ASAP.

Alright. Once finished, you can send the file to either myself or Heavy Gunner, or if any other higher ranking members join in, them for approval.

Wow, awesome idea. Too bad I don't have any armor otherwise I would SO participate. And [darn] you HeavGunner for swooping on the editing spot, serves me right for not checking the forums for a couple of days! Oh well, if you guys need any other sort of assistance, I'd be more than glad to help!

I'm digging this. My only request is to add something in about all the cardboard that has been burned through, since I don't do that whole bondo-ing thing.

i want to be in, just give me half a year until the weather warms up so i can complete my armour (lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back