Thank you Bungie Armor Compilation Video Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
very nice letter, this is an awesome idea. i'll have my suit done by monday so i'll whip something up on tuesday! the final video will make bungie proud aha :D

I have just called dibs on editing this. We write a nice letter (Its already been started really nicely, keep it going), have everyone read it slowly, I'll cut between people and try and get everyone into the letter. But after the letter, everyone should say thank you and whatnot for at least 7 seconds. Becasue after all, Bungie <3 7. And I could edit the video to 7:07 and have it be really awesome.

Again, I just called SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many dibs on editing this. E-mail your footage as either a .mpeg2 or .wmv or .wav or something not weird and not Mac. I have Adobe Premier Pro and After Effects and i'm a very proficent editor so it will be in good hands. E-Mail to fuzzybear84@live.com ASAP.

Haha well alright. Premier and After Effects definitely get trump card, so I'll leave the epic editing in your capable hands Fuzzy!

- You have to have some kind of armor, prop, etc. If you aren't done with your suit, finish a portion that will seem visible to the camera, like body armor and up for example.
-If you do not have a video camera, like previously said, picture will be sufficient.
- Once the script is finished, either Heavy Gunner or I will post it up from which everyone can grab it and tele prompt it in their video, etc.
-Remember keep in mind, footage between clips and armors will vary.

Indeed. All these points will need to be posted in the OP once I get approval from Spase. I'll write the script in a few hours, and get it to Spartan-270 for approval.

Alright. Once finished, you can send the file to either myself or Heavy Gunner, or if any other higher ranking members join in, them for approval.

Because I need to go through Spase, you can send the final video to me and S270 Fuzzy. We will then send it to Spase, and get his approval. It can then be distributed around the net as deemed fit by staff. Or we could burn it to a Dvd and mail it Bungie. That would work too.

Oh well, if you guys need any other sort of assistance, I'd be more than glad to help!

Sorry about that! But hey, now it's in another member's hands who's a bit bettter qualified than me! Haha I'll be sure to let you know if we can use you!

My only request is to add something in about all the cardboard that has been burned through, since I don't do that whole bondo-ing thing.

Can do! I was planning on addressing most forms of armor construction to cater to a bunch of different people.

On a final closing note, once the letter is written, if you want a specific line for a very obvious reason, (Looking at you Dogwizard) please post it here in this thread. Bold it, blow the text up, make sure you let people know it's your line. If there's a conflict, don't make a huge fuss, work it out politely.

On a final closing note, once the letter is written, if you want a specific line for a very obvious reason, (Looking at you Dogwizard) please post it here in this thread. Bold it, blow the text up, make sure you let people know it's your line. If there's a conflict, don't make a huge fuss, work it out politely.

Or maybe everyone should run through the whole thing, so the best parts can be edited together.

Or maybe everyone should run through the whole thing, so the best parts can be edited together.

Exactly. I meant to say that members who want a specific line should dress appropriately throughout the entire reading. For instance, Dogwizard would wear his suit throughout the entire reading with his hammer, so when he did get to that line, he would already be set up in that position.

Haha well alright. Premier and After Effects definitely get trump card, so I'll leave the epic editing in your capable hands Fuzzy!

Yes quite so. I probobly won't need After Effects unless I do some cool effect or 3D Text or something.

It can then be distributed around the net as deemed fit by staff. Or we could burn it to a Dvd and mail it Bungie. That would work too.

I have to see if I can just upload it straight to You Tube from Pro. I don't quite remember. But I could definatly make a DVD. Or a Blu-Ray for that matter.

Sorry about that! But hey, now it's in another member's hands who's a bit bettter qualified than me! Haha I'll be sure to let you know if we can use you!

Get started on it and get me some footage so I can get to work. That would be the biggest help.

A few issues I have is making sure that everyone films/webcasts in the 16:9 "Widescreen" aspect ratio. That will make everything look uniform and clean, as well as easier to edit everything.

Also, if we are sending a DVD/Blu-Ray, I need Bungie's new adress and a way to make sure that the video makes it there.

Monday is cutting it awefully close guys. I need to see some footage rollin' in so I can get started. I'm Prepared to Drop, I just don't have the ODST's.

Widescreen?? I'm not really sure how I will do that on my camera. It's just a camera with a movie feature.

Soooooooooo....What are we saying, did we decide on the full letter? Cause otherwise I can't work on footage :p

I can work on it this weekend, when I get something to say.

Widescreen?? I'm not really sure how I will do that on my camera. It's just a camera with a movie feature.

Yeah most cameras have a 16:9 feature nowadays. Check its settings. Unless its like a picture camera. Then it may be a tottally diffrent format. Try it, send it to me, and i'll see what I can do to it.

Yeah most cameras have a 16:9 feature nowadays. Check its settings. Unless its like a picture camera. Then it may be a tottally diffrent format. Try it, send it to me, and i'll see what I can do to it.

I'm going to have to use my webcam, and it doesn't have 16:9 capabilities. Couldn't you just letterbox the videos after we send them? I know that it is an easy effect on IMovie, shouldn't be that much easier on your editing program?

I'm going to have to use my webcam, and it doesn't have 16:9 capabilities. Couldn't you just letterbox the videos after we send them? I know that it is an easy effect on IMovie, shouldn't be that much easier on your editing program?

I could but for uniformity's sake I was striving for 16:9. I mean if you can do 16:9, great. But if you can't, no big deal. I'll work around it. I'm flexible.

I could but for uniformity's sake I was striving for 16:9. I mean if you can do 16:9, great. But if you can't, no big deal. I'll work around it. I'm flexible.

Great! We're going to need someone who can be flexible to support the many suit videos and clips coming in.

Also, Monday Night during the release, there is going to be a stage and costume contest at my gamestop. Aside from the letter video which I will be doing, I will also try to get a video (if I can use the mic and talk to the 400ish people going to show up) and ask them if we can just get a quick "Thank you Bungie!" clip with all the fans lined up, and me in my Reach suit standing in the middle all saying that Thank You uniformly.

Great! We're going to need someone who can be flexible to support the many suit videos and clips coming in.

Also, Monday Night during the release, there is going to be a stage and costume contest at my gamestop. Aside from the letter video which I will be doing, I will also try to get a video (if I can use the mic and talk to the 400ish people going to show up) and ask them if we can just get a quick "Thank you Bungie!" clip with all the fans lined up, and me in my Reach suit standing in the middle all saying that Thank You uniformly.

Simply...awesome.... :)

Ok, here's the letter I drafted. S-270 can modify this as desired, and post the final version himself.

(Dear Bungie, thanks for being so awesome!)

(Throughout the years, we've been through thick and thin.) (Tossing frag grenades) (and swinging hammers). (We've made a lot of friends,) (and some enemies too.) (We've sold our souls to Bondo corporation) (and have worn out countless respirators.) (We've sanded till our hands bled,) (and then sanded some more.) (We've super glued our fingers shut,) (and killed hundreds of trees.) (We’ve worn out exactos,) (and burned through cardboard like nobody’s business.) (We’ve purchased enough gold visors to outfit a biker gang,) (and casted parts till our molds wore out.) (We’ve been here since Halo 1,) (and have pulled all-nighters till our senses dulled) (We now know the difference between MK V and MK VI,) (and have started to understand MK V (B).) (We’ve polished and painted, learned and made friends.) (We overcome new obstacles,) (and hurdle the old ones with ease.) (We continue to grow and progress,) (achieving more than we ever thought possible.) (Like a well oiled weapon we serve our purpose,) (and execute our goals with machined precision.) (We’ve come far and accomplished much.) (Thanks to Bungie (x?)) (We’ve become a part of the universe that started it all.) (A monument to the UNSC,) (the Spartan II project,) (ODST,) (and now Noble Team.) (We live on, and our work has become legendary.) (Here’s to the Team at Bungie, your legacy will not be forgotten.)

Parenthesis indicate divided lines, and where you should pause when reading. The line, "Thanks to Bungie" has a (x?) because it's a filler. If we have many entries and already have people for every other line, we can put in multiple clips of that line being read.

filmed a clip of my bro and i, just tell me where to send it~
(warning, some dancing may be involved) ^^

We are still planning on using the script. As soon as S-270 accepts the letter, we can go ahead and have people record and send their footage to Fuzzy Bear.

pretty good letter. i like it!
so are you wanting us to read the whole thing in a video or are we being assigned sentences?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back