Thorssoli's MkVI Costume Buildup

Status
Not open for further replies.
These ones?
7717975306_d6d1685a34_o.jpg

They're pink. No way around that.

Secret project is actually two projects. One is mostly red. The other is mostly blue. Both will be pretty sexy.

These ones?
7717975306_d6d1685a34_o.jpg

They're pink. No way around that.

Secret project is actually two projects. One is mostly red. The other is mostly blue. Both will be pretty sexy.

I hate reading your thread. All it does is remind me that I want a visor like yours -_-

Lol looks great man you probably made those kid's day!

Dear Thor,

I had sent you a post a long time ago, just asking for your approximate costs and possible enlistment of your skills for my armor. You were super cool and nice in helping me and giving me a pointer or two, but when I was thinking about having you actually do the helm and chest, but the prices didn't seem that bad to me, for it to be made on my own (decoded: thanks for motivating me in a $ sense). I started down the long road of sizing and finding the right files I wanted for my armor, and eventually got around to pepping my own stuff <see http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/37682-I-got-this...-I-m-gonna-try-SCIENCE! for more info, updates weekly!> So, I have a lot more to say, but I think I have raved enough, and once again Thor, don't stop makin armor, tis ze tits. ^_^

-Viper

I'm still making things. I just keep getting distracted with other projects. Rest assured, I'm still tinkering with the rest of the RvB characters when I get a chance. Just recently I finished prototypes for Maine's shoulders:
8209715161_8ac7af273d_o.jpg

8210802676_63d4719e60_o.jpg

It should go well with the helmet:
7802594696_79f0d5dafa_c.jpg

As long as I'm making Maine, I figured I should finish up a Wash suit to wrangle him:
8205869977_168d9855af_c.jpg

8205869915_493347ef8a_c.jpg

8205869723_941bc4c849_c.jpg

I've been taking quite a lot of photos of this particular build, so I can write up a blog entry detailing the assembly once it's done.

Glad to see you still working on these buddy :)
I think everything looks great :) cant wait to read the blog entry as well

Lol I tried to dye my PETG plastic after I vacuume formed it to I visor I made but it was a complete fail. I had 8 visors and I took your advise and still I screwed up all of them :p lol. But if you can do it so can I after some practice and patience.

Ps. love your mine sweeper gnome also can't wait to see your finished machine gunner one too.

Hey Shawn I know I pm'd you about this but wanted to throw this up on here for everyone that doesn't know that you got on the cover of Make magazine. Here are some bad photos of it from my phone but you guys get the idea. Go pick it up good article on this guy right here!

IMG_20121124_091645.jpg

IMG_20121124_091721.jpg

IMG_20121124_091730.jpg

IMG_20121124_091736.jpg

P.S. mate your Meta is going to look sick!

There's a lot of other cool stuff in that issue too.

Here's a video preview from their website:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thor,
As always I was excited to see an update. And I'm really impressed with the article. So great to see all the work you're doing and some of the previous builds you've completed. Keep it up man.

It has taken me greater part of the whole weekend to sift through all the pages... I am still trying to recollect the few pieces left of my mind after exploding...

I must congratulate you Thorssoli... Amazing... Wauw...

I can only wish to the god(s) to get anywhere near your level of building quality... I'm just going to have to keep trying. And NOT rushing things I suppose.

Keep up the amazing work.

*ps. Any chance that you'd drop me a PM with price list? Just wondering...

PM Sent.

In other news, progress continues on Agent Washington in my spare time:
8246220939_d77a6fc5bf_o.jpg

Soon I'll need to pull out the forms for the Brute Shot and get back to work on the Meta.

Jeez Thor, you just keep amazing me.

Btw, loved the blog entry about finishing the casts. It'll be really helpful for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back