UNSC Naval Pilot WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure where you sanded that helmet, but it looks a lot like on the previous picture, and it still needed lots of sanding there. Don't rush this and do any finishing before it's really ready for that.

I agree. More sanding. You also have some holes to fill with bondo too. Those will really stick out.

Put some primer on that you'll see.

The convention I'm planning on going to is in October so I should have enough time to finish each piece with love and care by then. There was a lot sanded off then before actually but the way the bondo is on it makes it look like the other picture, I'll fill in the holes and gaps when I'm working on the other pieces though. So which gun should I work on during the curing process of all my other pieces?

Probably the plasma pistol, that low def SMG is hard to fill, and its not as good looking. I made that as my 2nd prop.

You should find a better SMG file and then do that. It will be harder but it will turn out wayyyy better.

Sorry for not posting for quite awhile but there was nothing that I updated, until now. 1. I've chosen to post pone any conventions until I have my Spartan armor completed and this as well. 2. I'm planning on redoing the helmet entirely since the skills I have now are way better then back when I made the helmet. 3. I'm making this helmet into a war torn prop.

I gave it a paint job of the first two coats today with my semi nice weather to see how it would look and I say it looks kinda good for a prop.
002.jpg

As for my Spartan helmet I have fiberglassed some of it, heres how it looks so far. A little warping during the peping process but its still good.
004.jpg

On the next nice day I plan to add some more resin to my helmet and resin the body piece of the Naval pilot suit. And I'll be working on my plasma pistol. I'm thinking about buying the weapons from others instead of making them, as they are much harder compared to a suit.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 86
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 65
Double post... But it's an update so it should be fine. I applied the last coat of paint to the prop helmet, I think it looks good for what it's suppose to be.

0012.jpg

Attachments

• 0012.jpg
    0012.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 56
I think you can really improve the quality of the helmet if you sand down the sloppy areas then use more rondo on the oversanded areas to build them up and then sand those down to your liking and just keep doing this over and over until you get a nice smooth helmet that looks the way you want it to. You can also use this to build up areas and sculpt damage into them if you are going for the destroyed look.

Ever since I saw the Naval Pilot helmet in Halo 3, I fell in love with it. I really wish it has been a multiplayer permutation option in Halo 3 or Reach! I would definitely make one if more people recognized it. I don't feel like answering "What helmet is that?" all the time, which is why I chose the much more recognizable Mark VI. :)

I've never seen anyone actually make one even though the Pep file exists, so good on you for doing it! That said, and please don't take offense to this, but I feel your helmet could be so much more with a proper finishing job and a clean paint job. It would be nice to do it justice and at least sand down the drips and globs around the visor area! :)

No offence taken, this was the first time I made a helmet so that's why it sucks. I plan on remaking one A LOT better now that I'm more experienced with pep and what not. First I have to finish pepping this shoulder which Ive been procrastinating with for like a month, then either the other shoulder or the helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back