What Has Pepakura Done For You?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendude

I am collecting stories from people here on the boards of thier experiences with pepakura whether building it or making pep files for it to be built then I will turn everyones storys into one long news kind of story for a 405th Source article. If anyone would like to share thier story post it here, please realize I will spell check and edit to fit all articles into one big article. Anyway here is my story and it will give you a basic idea of what I am looking for.

My name is John and I go by one of two names either Vagabond or Nintendude,I have been making Pepakura files ever since the first Pepakura program opened up for use and belive me back then there was a ton of bugs and before that I was doing PDF designing with models. Now I am making modesl almost nonstop for the fans and enjoy doing it all for everyone that needs it. Starting next year with All-Con I will be going to conventions around the USA doing Pepakura Training Classes for designing files. I have been doing this for a long time and will continue to do it for a long time as this is my life and where I feel happy with what I do.

This is basically what I am looking for to do a article for the Source and if you would like to contribute your story please feel free.

Well I got into pepakura after I saw Ithica " musuem update " video and i just went from there, over time I have collected 250 or more pep files, Iron man, star wars, halo 1\2\3\ODST, ect.

Now i have made this my main hobby, but i also play guitar and bass.

Shout out ( Ithica FRKN PWNZ! )

I started doing this lately and despite everyone saying to start with the low def models I arrogantly started with the high def. After getting down what materials work and what ones don't I believe the medium is a great way to get good looking armor. I am getting close to finishing the pepping on my first set of MC armor and will continue to make improvements on my own costume. The main thing I will say is none of it would be possible without the dedication of the different model makers so a big thanks to them.

I personally find it relaxing to do, except when I super-glue my fingers together, then it gets interesting. Although for a person how can't simply watch TV, but has to be doing something else at the same time, it has been excellent activity.

Tafumi said:
Pepakura has consumed many, many hours of my life and fed my dog twice.

Best quote.

I'm not really sure Pep has... changed my life... just another tool in the glorious arsenal of "makin' stuff". Did you want experiences with the program, or with actually building pep files? As for the program, it's user-friendly (relatively), pretty powerful, and extremely inexpensive (as far as software goes). Pretty simple and easy to learn, too. I managed to figure out how to unfold models from scratch and fix up everything needed in the unfold in less than an hour.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back