What is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is Uragel? i've heard of it from a few different threads.. but i cant find anywhere to buy it. any help?
Why don't you post your question in those threads instead of creating a thread? You're more likely to find your answers there anyway. Better yet, use Google.

Why don't you post your question in those threads instead of creating a thread? You're more likely to find your answers there anyway. Better yet, use Google.

k dude no need to be gettin chappy alright lol. Try searching it in google.. what do you get? nothing! so stop tryin to be smart, and let someone who knows answer the question.. thanks.. dont mean to be rude

Try searching it in google.. what do you get? nothing! so stop tryin to be smart, and let someone who knows answer the question.. thanks.. dont mean to be rude
Now that's a lot bovine excrement. Here's what I got when I googled "uragel":

Brush-on molding gels

Molding gels are urethanes which become very thick after the part A and B components are mixed together. Having a urethane product which is very high in viscosity (a paste consistency) allows the product to be applied very thick on a surface without sagging or running down. This is very helpful when you are making a brush on rubber mold skin from a large 3 dimensional master model. A brush on paste consistency is also helpful if you want to brush into an open faced mold to make a large flexible rubber skin for animatronics applications. If you would like to make a rigid plastic shell instead of a flexible rubber skin we manufacture UraGel 770 which cures to become a hard surface. UraGel 770 is sometimes used in open faced rubber molds to make large masks or reproduction suits of ancient amour. UraGel 770 can be brushed into a silicone rubber mold ¼ of an inch thick or more to make high durability rigid plastic parts. Customers frequently use UraGel 770 over InstaGel to create a hard supporting mother mold for their brush on rubber mold. The InstaGel and UraGel products are available in small 2 quart trial kits, gallons or 5 gallon plastic pail quantities. Please call 800-766-3832 / 713-943-8451 or email us for current pricing and delivery options.

We manufacture 4 brush-on gel products for making flexible rubber molds and 2 brush-on gel products (UraGel 770 & 780) which cure to be hard plastic. Instagel 20 is the softest and Instagel 50 is the hardest flexible brush-on rubber we manufacture. The hardness of cured InstaGel rubbers increase from 20 Shore A to 50 Shore A, see chart below.

So if you want to put on display your laziness for doing a search, be ready to be called out for it.

First of all, even if you really don't have access to a phone right now, I'm pretty sure this isn't so important that you can't wait to order it by calling them when you do get access to a phone.

Secondly, after about 2 seconds of searching, one can find the "Contact Us" link on that site that Ral Partha linked to. While it does infact not explicitly list an e-mail, there's a form to fill out that you can use to contact them without a phone.

You wont last long on this site if you don't at least put in some effort...

First of all, even if you really don't have access to a phone right now, I'm pretty sure this isn't so important that you can't wait to order it by calling them when you do get access to a phone.

Secondly, after about 2 seconds of searching, one can find the "Contact Us" link on that site that Ral Partha linked to. While it does infact not explicitly list an e-mail, there's a form to fill out that you can use to contact them without a phone.

You wont last long on this site if you don't at least put in some effort...

Thank you spitfire for your help.. but it doesn't hurt to help others out does it?? i mean people do this all the time, they ask questions. but anyway thank you.

You're welcome, and you're right that people ask for help and receive it all the time. The difference is that here, it seems that no effort was made to obtain the answers before resorting to asking for help.

Ral Partha and myself seem to have found the answers to your questions with little effort. If you had done the same, you may have not needed to create this thread, that's all.

You're welcome, and you're right that people ask for help and receive it all the time. The difference is that here, it seems that no effort was made to obtain the answers before resorting to asking for help.

Ral Partha and myself seem to have found the answers to your questions with little effort. If you had done the same, you may have not needed to create this thread, that's all.

Sorry Ral Partha for getting chappy myself. but isn't their a way to get rid of threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back