What's YOUR irrational fear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets see......Ghost, pictures of ghost:)P), heights, darkness, clowns, dolls, falling objects, I like swords....BUT I F***ING HATE NEEDLES!, losing someone close, graveyards, losing my phone :p, aliens, things I can't see in the water(long story), getting lost, Homos, Hobos asking for money, robbers, hands coming towards me, being breathless, sometimes heat(I get heat stroke.....very easily), things behind me that I can't see, strangers, untamed dogs, turkeys chasing me, nightmares, Ke$ha, detached limbs, things hiding in your shoes, cockroaches, roller coasters, electricity, scorpions and tarantulas.

I listed 32 things :D, but on the other hand, I can handle Zombies, except for Jockeys, spitters and boomers.....oh and running zombies :p
-feeling the love-

Lets see......Ghost, pictures of ghost:)P), heights, darkness, clowns, dolls, falling objects, I like swords....BUT I F***ING HATE NEEDLES!, losing someone close, graveyards, losing my phone :p, aliens, things I can't see in the water(long story), getting lost, Homos, Hobos asking for money, robbers, hands coming towards me, being breathless, sometimes heat(I get heat stroke.....very easily), things behind me that I can't see, strangers, untamed dogs, turkeys chasing me, nightmares, Ke$ha, detached limbs, things hiding in your shoes, cockroaches, roller coasters, electricity, scorpions and tarantulas.

I listed 32 things :D, but on the other hand, I can handle Zombies, except for Jockeys, spitters and boomers.....oh and running zombies :p

We all fear her man.... it would be strange not too D:

Also, I want's a pet scorpion :3

EDIT: Just a thought. Anyone who doesn't like spiders should watch The Mist (based off a novel by Stephen King, by the same name). I guarantee you won't sleep for a week :3 <3

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh GOD! I forgot all about Ke$ha!!! Oh, and needles also... ANNNNDDDDD have been chased by turkeys before as well... those things are MEAN AS!!!!

You know....I sat down and sorted my mind on this matter, and I can honestly, truly, without regret, say that nothing really scares me. When I was like, 4, the dark did. Now, I love the dark, and that was the only thing I ever was scared of, so now, I'm pretty set.

To all you spiderhaters out there: I totally feel you. And I have a solution!

When I moved to where I currently live, it was a move out of the city into a more rural area and from pretty far up down to half buried in the ground. The good thing is: Fewer mosquitos. The bad thing is: Most of the mosquitos don't make it because they get eaten by spiders. Spiders are everywhere here, there are dozens of different sorts of them, the most common inside the house being these and these. And let me tell you, both of them can get really big. The second ones are so big that they can grab onto your carpet and almost resist the vacuum cleaner... The good thing is: You get used to them. And once you're at the point where you can coexist with the less threatening looking ones, you will find it very convenient that the first ones I linked catch and eat the second ones I linked (no joke, watched it myself!). I've gotten used to them up to the point where I can let the really small ones and the really slim ones sit where they are at least until the next time I clean the place (you still have to vacuum them away at some point though, otherwise they'll conquer the place, take the keys and throw you out).

So in short: The solution is contact.

I hate you alix. i CANNOT stand camel spiders. i cant even look at pics of them. other spiders are ok enough for me not to blow up around them. But camel spiders just make my skin crawl.

I hate you alix. i CANNOT stand camel spiders. i cant even look at pics of them. other spiders are ok enough for me not to blow up around them. But camel spiders just make my skin crawl.

Oh COME ON! Did you have to repeat that?? I didn't see it the first time!

Unbelievable... :-D

I forgot to mention one other fear of mine. I have luposlipaphobia: The fear of being pursued by timber wolves around a kitchen table whilst wearing socks on a newly waxed floor.... For the people who don't like spiders, try eating something from the same family. You're probably thinking I'M NOT EATING A SPIDER! Well don't eat one, But I can say that I could not stand to see anything that was big and that crawled on walls. so I figured that if I could eat an arachnid, why would I fear one. Trust me it helps A LOT! And it tastes better than you think.
Bug_Scorpion_R.gif

But I still can't stand the BIG green and black spiders that drop down slowly on a web and yell WELL HOWDY DOO in your face...

I haven't tried that before. the only bad thing that I would see with that is the hair and the fangs that you have to pull out.
(P.S.: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA)

yeah, well... You try it and let us all know how it goes... I've had ants, crickets and meal-worms before... But I REFUSE to eat a spider...

For the people who don't like spiders, try eating something from the same family. ...
Does this count? I hear they're delicious. But it looks like the tables can EASILY be turned, so be careful! LOLZ

And yeah if you don't like arachnids, or anything with it's skeleton on the outside, DON'T see The Mist.

Charlottes Web kinda freaked me out when I was a kid, but I discovered that spiders are our friends.

Yup, thats a crab. I dont fear crabs but i dont like them. They taste funny. I call them and lobsters "sea bugs"

yes, yes it is my friend. And yes... they really do climb coconut trees to eat the coconuts, and they do attack people.

I have a couple of interesting fears. The dark isnt so bad, but I live out in the middle if nowhere in northern alberta, and being alone outside in the dark sometimes freaks me out. And I totally get the whole water thing. Usually if I wipe out wakeboarding I'm okay, but every once in a while I will just freak out not knowing what's under my feet, whether it be a pike (they are huge up here) or weeds, it just freaks me out. Or not being able to see when I'm scuba diving. My deep night quals almost gave me a heart attack. Seriously, this rock wall popped up like 6 feet in front of my and I spat out my regulator and just rolled over, all 100 feet down in the middle of the night. And my biggest fear is spiders. Never seen arachnaphobia, never will. Seriously I hate them. Hate hate hate! The only good spider is a dead spider, and the only dead spider is a smudge. My roommates in college found out I hated spiders so they put some fake ones in my bed. I freaked out and chased the guilty parties around my apartment complex with a baseball bat for half an hour. I got them back with heavy duty laxative brownies. And I can't watch horror movies. I just can't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back