What's YOUR irrational fear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time I reach this one particular intersection on the way home, I see a flash of what could happen. I always imagine the same scenario. Sometimes, the light is green so I don't have to stop. When that happens, I always imagine a white SUV from the right will speed into the intersection as I drive through it and the car will hit me in a 50mph T-bone collision.

The irrational part is, that intersection is one of the safest in my area, and I also happen to drive giant, "Gladiator" van. Even if something like that did happen, I'd probably be okay.

Final Destination any one? lol, Personally, i have a very slight phobia of roller coasters, and its not hieghts, because i love flying, except for the nausia, and i love being in high places, but evey time we start going up, my courge goes down, and i start talking myself out of the fear, i do it, and instead of going away, i come right back. I always end up thinking something is gona go wrong, like derailing, the reason why i never get on the first run. :)

Crossing this every day
Perrine_bridge_20070602.jpg

And murky water (another reason why I don't like to cross it)

Potato roots.

I can't touch them and I violently avoid them if, for example, my friend tries to touch me with one.

Defiantly agree with you RoxyRoo thats what Ive envisioned once, its so freaky. My heart stopped almost when i was almost t-boned coming home, i was in the passenger seat next to the car pulling out too.

Being touched anywhere near my throat... Also being in a room full of "knee huggers". (kids who come to my hips or shorter... Truly gives me an anxiety attack (love kids, just not being around more than 10 or 15 at a time))

Being touched anywhere near my throat... Also being in a room full of "knee huggers". (kids who come to my hips or shorter... Truly gives me an anxiety attack (love kids, just not being around more than 10 or 15 at a time))

I make no bones about not liking little kids, it may even be a fear. They can do whatever they want; wreck your order, break your stuff if they don't just steal it outright, disturb things that should not be disturbed (everyone has stuff like this). Try to control them and they cry and complain and who's gonna take your side over a little kid? You are absolutely powerless to stop them! I mean, unless they're your siblings, what are you gonna do? Spank them? Yeah, right...

On top of the many common fears like spiders and murky water, I have a somewhat uncommon fear.
That fear would be the though of an abrasive cutoff wheel exploding while I'm on a grinder or chop saw.
Especially the latter, as it's 14" blade has alot of speed, power, and decapitating edges.
get_image.php?mode=full&image_name=DEWD28700.jpg

Its not enough to deter my metal working hobbies, however it does make my blood run cold whenever theres a knick in the blade.
-Gryphon

On top of the many common fears like spiders and murky water, I have a somewhat uncommon fear.
That fear would be the though of an abrasive cutoff wheel exploding while I'm on a grinder or chop saw.
Especially the latter, as it's 14" blade has alot of speed, power, and decapitating edges.
Its not enough to deter my metal working hobbies, however it does make my blood run cold whenever theres a knick in the blade.
-Gryphon

I know what you mean, though not quite 14 inches, well more like the 4 inchrs, but those things always scare me.

This is my first post:) I'm happy to be here on the 405th! Anyways, my irrational fears, and I say fears because there are 2, are needles and aliens...otherwise my others are eh pretty normal.
Welcome to the 405th friend, where you WILL overcome your fears by hook or crook MUAHHHAHAHA
To be honest my fear of the living dead has dissipated after watching The Walking Dead on TV. And I had a discussion with a friend about this fear of mine. He's a fairly intelligent individual that always seems to have a logical answer for even my most 'out-there' scenarios, and he said that viruses don't work the way they do in zombie movies. That coupled with the fact that bodies need energy to function, a rotting corpse would never be able to meet the caloric intake required to run pell-mell down the street in search of warm flesh. I listened and nodded my head feeling reassured as he unspooled the wisdom from his brain. Then I pointed out to him that if the situation ever arises where we're dealing with the reanimated bodies of the recently deceased, and a zombie apacolypse is now, against all logic, a possibility then there has to be something going on that we as a civilization have yet to encounter and therefore cannot prepare against.

He said "Well yeah, if you're talking about something that is magical and beyond reason and human understanding, then yes it is possible. to be eaten by zombies."

I nearly fell out of my seat.

Schizo and Ventrue, don't start a flame war.

I'm still kind of afraid of spiders, but it's almost over because here in Canada they are tiny little creatures.
The picture of that camel spider a few pages back almost made me **** my pants though.
My fear of the dark is dead now, I killed it with an energy sword ;D
Like I blew away that verdugo with nitrogen.... (RE4 fans should get that :D)

Buried alive a few miles underground in a body sized cavity of rock.

Aliens, i truly believe in them because of the science behind it to support it.

Every time a i look into a dark room while walking past i have a fear to see a cloaked figure staring back at me, that and behind me at the end of a very long hall in apartments or hotels it would be standing there. Childhood fears that haven't fully diminished.

Well my fear is Aliens
I dont mind them unless i think of them
What made me so scared about them Is the movie the fourth kind..
It creeped me out soo much

elites(if they were real)

think about it a 8ft tall alien wielding a plasma gun. as you are shot through your chest you fall silently on the ground you feel no pain but you feel as if you are dazed as blood is pouring out of your chest, you have second to live as you reach for the picture of your family. -Halo:fall of reach reference.

also the fact that my best friend likes me >.<

elites(if they were real)

think about it a 8ft tall alien wielding a plasma gun. as you are shot through your chest you fall silently on the ground you feel no pain but you feel as if you are dazed as blood is pouring out of your chest, you have second to live as you reach for the picture of your family. -Halo:fall of reach reference.

also the fact that my best friend likes me >.<
Me too. The glassing of Reach killed over 200 million people including men and women and children. In the novels it's said that human survivors were sometimes rounded up thrown to hungry jackals and grunts who would then rip them to shreds and then eat them. I can only imagine what this brute was planning on doing with this poor sucker.
5010580095_015ce8bf42_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back