WHS Red vs. Blue build (Very Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is an awesome project! I am in school to be a high school history teacher myself and have thought about trying to put together something like this some day. Keep up the great work!

I saw a You Tube tutorial on painting Halo Armor, and the two washes he used were watered down black with a few drops of white, and a "mud" wash of Brown and Antique Gold for dirt. I used Real Brown and Pueblo Red to make a great mud color for my second wash. All are acrylic paints. The paint I used for the armor is Krylon Fusion Safety Blue, then feather brush Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Global Blue to the raised edges, then Krylon Metallic Brilliant Silver for the edges. You spray the brush, then paint it on for the detail. Just like an old ammunition box looks, OD Green in the center, lighter green towards the edges, and exposed metal on the edges. I wanted to make my armor look like I just got back from a firefight with red Team. Red sucks, Go Blue !!! :)

[Stuff removed to save space]

Paint025.jpg

Let me know what you guys think.

Reminds me a lot of my helmet :D

I love it!

I'm jealous to not yet be able to cast and paint my own helmet! However I do have an urge to just start calling you sarge.

I'm jealous to not yet be able to cast and paint my own helmet! However I do have an urge to just start calling you sarge.

you'll get there soon.

I need to get my sarge voice down soon. I've started adding padding into the pieces I have finished. I'm getting antsy to get back in the classroom and work some more.

Just take caboose's interpretation =D
"Yaar, i be speaking with a southern accent!"
"There be termites in me legs"

Gradually his voice changes throughout the seasons...

XD omg thats righteous. I second the motion *raises hand*

haha all there really is to it is to sound manly and official....well maybe not so official =P

personally Church is my fav. we share the ability to never hit anything with a sniper

I personally pick the sniper whenever possible...even when its completely inappropriate to do so...which often results in me loosing to my brother by several kills, but its totally worth id ^_^

However, because i have had bright orange armour since Halo 1, i was branded Grif from all my friends when we play...which led to a game known as "Kill the orange B*****d" =P

Speaking of which, i've been meaning to ask. Is each person in your art class going to be a certain character?

Bondo Glass

Well teach, I used you're "Bondo Glass". I'm in Love... This stuff works great by its self and as a rondo. I Highly Recommend this over any other medium. Thanks again for showing us this in you're build.

Thanks for the advice guys.
@Thorn: I'm really glad its working for you. It has been well worth the little extra investment.

@Jabenbetz: Yeah each person building a suit has chosen a different character to be. It will make for a great group once we get there.

Well, sorry for the late post tonight but I got a TON of work done today: A lot of shaping and a LOT of painting. I'll make it short and get right to the pictures.

Second Calf:
Finished008.jpg

Finished010.jpg

Left Thigh:
Finished007.jpg

Finished006.jpg

Right Thigh:
Finished002.jpg

Finished015.jpg

Hand Plates:
Finished005.jpg

Boot Toes: (still have a little work to do on these but I'm waiting till the backs are done)
Finished004.jpg

Hope you all enjoy.

Wow everything is looking great!

I am disbelief that you are working so fast, I can't comprehend how a suit of this caliber will be done in around only 2 months.

Amazing work my friend! Have your students made any progress on their suits?

Wow everything is looking great!

I am disbelief that you are working so fast, I can't comprehend how a suit of this caliber will be done in around only 2 months.

Amazing work my friend! Have your students made any progress on their suits?

Not yet, we decided to focus on this suit and then mold from it with a few pieces made at different sizes to accomodate slightly shorter people. One suit will have to be built completely from scratch because she is only 4'11". Given that I am 6'1" I really don't think she'll fit in mine. LOL

In regards to your statement surrounding the folding method in the Meta build. What page can I find the method??

More importantly though, I would like to know what scale you used for the Mark VI helmet, i am trying to make a standard RVB Church suit, however, I started with the helmet and the scale is way too big, as you said......... its a bobble head. If I sent you the file I'm using could you assist me in the scaling method?

And yet AGAIN you and you're team have knocked it out of the park with this update. I looks wonderful and the detail work is great. Waiting for the the next update.

This project is really coming together. I have to say, between you, Longshot and the announcement of Halo 4, I've been inspired to complete my own MK VI build.

I do have one question. What did you use for the tubes on the cheek sections of your helmet? I've torn hardware stores and the like apart but cannot find a suitable material.

Keep up the great work. You're nearly there! Oh, and how's that pistol coming?

WOW Starvin, that's fantastic!!!! The detail is astounding, and the colors are perfect for sarge. I cant wait to see more updates on this suit and your students as well. When you guys are done its going to be Righteous!! Keep it up man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back