WHS Red vs. Blue build (Very Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow love the helm. im bookmarking this for reference when i finish mine. congrats and keep up the awesome job.
Thanks, I'm glad the detailed posts are useful.

The helmet looks great. I would say just the right amount of both damage and black wash. You're lighting and fan set up is so nice and easy That I might even try it. All and All If this Helmet to be the standard for the rest of this build then you and you're team are well on you're way to the elite status.
Thanks Thorn, I was worried about the blackwash at first because it dulled the red so much but the end result is better than I could hope for. And the technique is so easy that I know the rest of the team can get the same results without too much trouble. I found the LEDs at Walgreens for about a dollar a piece. The hardest part was making sure I could still unscrew them and change the batteries. I don't have a soldering gun and didn't really feel like self wiring everything if I had other options. Hey lazyness isn't only for my students. LOL
To be honest I was starting to slack off with my build after I got blisters from scoring and cutting but seeing this awesome helmet has totally given me a kick up the butt to get back into it, great work so far I'm looking forward to seeing more.
Stray, it is always encouraging knowing that I can inspire someone to keep at it. That is why I started teaching and it is what keeps me doing it everyday. Keep up the work and let us check out the progress when you can.

Really nice MK.VI helmet SA. I totally missed the page where you painted it all up. Looks great! That's one down!

i apoligize all 4 the multi posting i am really new i am still learnig how to use the sight

impressive helmet (assuming that is supposed to be your sarge helmet because it is you know... red)

i apoligize all 4 the multi posting i am really new i am still learnig how to use the sight

Neo: "Why do my eyes hurt?"
Morpheus: "Because you've never used them before."

sorry for being off-topic, but it's the first thing that popped into my head and was too good not to post.

Paint025.jpg

MADE OF WIN!

Very, very tasty sir! I'm jealous :D

Really nice MK.VI helmet SA. I totally missed the page where you painted it all up. Looks great! That's one down!
Thanks Shore, two more down today. Check below for the pics.

I am impressed. :D
Thank you sir, much appreciated.

impressive helmet (assuming that is supposed to be your sarge helmet because it is you know... red)
No problems Jubjub, and yes this is the Sarge suit.

MADE OF WIN!

Very, very tasty sir! I'm jealous :D
Thanks man, I still have a few pieces before I catch up with you. :)

And for the update, I got more done today than I expected. I almost got locked in the building in the process. I really do get lost in my work sometimes. Anyway the forearms are ready for padding.
Paint.jpg

And yet another work of art. I't nice to see the wash blended around the piece adding new dimension to it. Yes you have the painting down, and we should be seeing a elite looking suit when finished.

Dont worry about it man, we just trying to help. We want you to enjoy your time with the 405th. :-D

Anyways...

*stares in awe and starts to clap* Starvin....Fantastic job my man. Superb indeed. I love how you made it look weatherd and stuff likes its been worn around the block so to speak. Very smart with the LEDs and fans. Where did you find those little LEDs by the way if i may ask? This is definatly artists work. I liked the Vasciline thing you did too, ill have to go check NickNackPattyWack's thread to view the video. Im sure ill be just as excited when my helm is done lol. As always keep the updates comming :)

I just checked for NickNackPattyWack's thread and couldnt find it. Help lol.

And yet another work of art. I't nice to see the wash blended around the piece adding new dimension to it. Yes you have the painting down, and we should be seeing a elite looking suit when finished.
Thanks Thorn, the painting process is so much easier than I had thought at first. It just takes a little planning ahead and a lot of paitience during the black wash process.

Where did you find those little LEDs by the way if i may ask?
I just checked for NickNackPattyWack's thread and couldnt find it. Help lol.

I got the LEDs at Walgreens. They were with the flashlights. Real cheap for me. The video is on Page 23 of NickNack's thread. Just check down the page.

Today's Update:

Had a couple of the guys with me today so we actually got a lot done. Shaped up both shins and both thighs and seperated the chest piece. We still have a small bit of shaping to do on one shin and both thighs but they are 90% ready to be painted. Unfortunately I got so caught up in the work that I forgot to take pictures of what we did today. DOH!

But, not to worry, I demonstrated the painting techniques and got one shin completed. Here ya go:
FinishedShin002.jpg

FinishedShin001.jpg

FinishedShin005.jpg

if you want to you could always get a visor from sean i think. i think its sean who makes vacum formed MK VI helmet visors. its 100% accurate and cheap (also see-through) you should talk to him about it if you want a really accurate visor.

This is turning out great! you guys are really doing some nice work.

Me and a few other members of another forum are working on building all the free lancers from the new season. I get to do Wyoming.

Sweet thanks man, ill be going to wallgreens later lol. And thanks for the link too :) Shin looks great. Looks like its been trudging through bloodgultch for sure :)

This is turning out great! you guys are really doing some nice work.

Me and a few other members of another forum are working on building all the free lancers from the new season. I get to do Wyoming.
That is great. I'd like to see how your doing. Post a link if you can.

Sweet thanks man, ill be going to wallgreens later lol. And thanks for the link too :) Shin looks great. Looks like its been trudging through bloodgultch for sure :)
Thanks Man, I'm working on a few ideas for the boots to give them a "muddy" look. I want to bring in some dirt details like you would expect from walking through that reddish clay for years.

That is great. I'd like to see how your doing. Post a link if you can.

Thanks Man, I'm working on a few ideas for the boots to give them a "muddy" look. I want to bring in some dirt details like you would expect from walking through that reddish clay for years.

wow great prodject, I know you didn't heard it yet but you are the best teacher ever :p

All I can say in one word is: "WOW"

Again I can't say enough about the progress speed that you and your team accomplishing.

I love how well the helm turned out. Those LED's are the exact same ones that my partner (gamemaster) and I used in the "Spartan Intimidator" foam helmet build. In fact I feel that your helm is looking better than mine! KUDOS!!!!!! :) :) :)

Glad to see that you did not have to split the shins. LOL... I see too many builders splitting them when a simple solution is to "try putting it on backwards". If that fails, then yes, split the shins.

Fantastic work on the Bondo/Sanding phase. Very smooth and clean!

Love the painting and detailing. Excellent weathering and black washing details.

For your Kids:
I have been following your progress very frequently. I'm very thrilled that your lucky enough to have someone who is willing to take the time and effort to do this kind of project. Its a HUGE undertaking. You guys have a FANTASTIC Teacher.
I can see that all of you have been doing an AMAZING job and I can't wait to see the final outcome. The feeling that you'll get, once its completed, will be THRILLING, EPIC and AWE-INSPIRING.
Keep working at it. Your project is becoming more epic, inspiring and motivational each time I read up on your progress.
KUDO's Kids!

Cheers!

All I can say in one word is: "WOW"

Again I can't say enough about the progress speed that you and your team accomplishing.

I love how well the helm turned out. Those LED's are the exact same ones that my partner (gamemaster) and I used in the "Spartan Intimidator" foam helmet build. In fact I feel that your helm is looking better than mine! KUDOS!!!!!! :) :) :)

Glad to see that you did not have to split the shins. LOL... I see too many builders splitting them when a simple solution is to "try putting it on backwards". If that fails, then yes, split the shins.

Fantastic work on the Bondo/Sanding phase. Very smooth and clean!

Love the painting and detailing. Excellent weathering and black washing details.

For your Kids:
I have been following your progress very frequently. I'm very thrilled that your lucky enough to have someone who is willing to take the time and effort to do this kind of project. Its a HUGE undertaking. You guys have a FANTASTIC Teacher.
I can see that all of you have been doing an AMAZING job and I can't wait to see the final outcome. The feeling that you'll get, once its completed, will be THRILLING, EPIC and AWE-INSPIRING.
Keep working at it. Your project is becoming more epic, inspiring and motivational each time I read up on your progress.
KUDO's Kids!

Cheers!

Thank you for all the kind words. They are greatly appreciated.

Small update: I picked up the foam for padding, straps, and clips to begin mounting pieces. I had planned to use pop rivets to attach the straps to the thighs and shoulders so I want to do that before finishing bondo. This way I can hide the rivets or use them for details where appropriate. Lots of work still to do but I'm surprised how close the light at the end of the tunnel is getting.

Thank you for all the kind words. They are greatly appreciated.

Small update: I picked up the foam for padding, straps, and clips to begin mounting pieces. I had planned to use pop rivets to attach the straps to the thighs and shoulders so I want to do that before finishing bondo. This way I can hide the rivets or use them for details where appropriate. Lots of work still to do but I'm surprised how close the light at the end of the tunnel is getting.

Seeing the Light at the end of tunnel feels good, Don't it :D
I just can't seem to find the word to describe you're build, But that's ok... those pic's are worth 10,000 words on there own. So keep the eye candy coming and thank you for sharing.

Thats a great idea. It shouldnt be to hard to accomplish with the right paint varients and stuff. Your an art teacher, i know youll come up with something that will work great :)

Seeing the Light at the end of tunnel feels good, Don't it :D
I just can't seem to find the word to describe you're build, But that's ok... those pic's are worth 10,000 words on there own. So keep the eye candy coming and thank you for sharing.

I totally agree with ya there thorn :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back