WHS Red vs. Blue build (Very Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I wouldn't have to sand it off I know but it'd still have to sand it! The self etching is an awesome find. Never heard of it so Thank you!

Also.. I may have found a gift for you. I just want to pick up a few things first :D
I'll have to make sure it works first though

Keep up the good work! I wish I could work on mine more!

You can always make the pieces that will be seen seperate, and only have to sew velcro pieces to the undersuit. Put matching velcro on the detail pieces and attach the pieces for wear, and take them off to wash the suit. Rubber, latex, vinyl, leather, foam, whatever you make the detail pieces out of. Either that or elastic straps to secure the pieces.

Well I wouldn't have to sand it off I know but it'd still have to sand it! The self etching is an awesome find. Never heard of it so Thank you!

Also.. I may have found a gift for you. I just want to pick up a few things first :D
I'll have to make sure it works first though

Keep up the good work! I wish I could work on mine more!
now now, don't tease like that. It's not nice. LOL

You can always make the pieces that will be seen seperate, and only have to sew velcro pieces to the undersuit. Put matching velcro on the detail pieces and attach the pieces for wear, and take them off to wash the suit. Rubber, latex, vinyl, leather, foam, whatever you make the detail pieces out of. Either that or elastic straps to secure the pieces.
Thanks, the velcro is a great idea. Especially for washing purposes. That hadn't even crossed my mind for some reason. :)

Oh well that kind of sucks not having the under aromor at least now you have more time to focus on the rest of you Blue vs Red suits ("it's blue vs red battles, no one calls it red vs. blue battles. It sounds stupid when you say it backwards.") How are those coming along if they are even half as impressive as your sarge suit they should be absolutely outstanding

Oh well that kind of sucks not having the under aromor at least now you have more time to focus on the rest of you Blue vs Red suits ("it's blue vs red battles, no one calls it red vs. blue battles. It sounds stupid when you say it backwards.") How are those coming along if they are even half as impressive as your sarge suit they should be absolutely outstanding

As stated in several responses through this thread, none of the other suits have been started yet. We are focusing on one suit first and then expanding from there. This suit is a learning process for the kids. They are able to make mistakes (and there have been a few) without ruining their own suits.

I was originally going to start a new thread for these but I will really only be posting a few in progress pics and then the finished ones so here ya go.

Before the pictures I must send out a HUGE thank you to LeeKeegan. These kits are his work and he lent his time, talent, and work to mold them for us. The kits are just beautiful and so easy to assemble. Lee's work is just fantastic and his willing to help out our build is speaks worlds to his generousity and character. Kudos to you Lee. These two weapons will be given as rewards to the first two of my students to complete his or her own suit. I wanted a way to say not only congratulations but also thank you to the students who have spent quite a bit of thier summer working on this project.

Without further ado, here is what I have so far:

Just opened the package. I felt like a kid at christmas taking these out.
ODSTSMG002.jpg

Laid out all the various pieces to the two kits:
ODSTSMG001.jpg

I started with SMG. Laid out a base coat of black:
ODSTSMG003.jpg

I used several techniques, most of which can be found in Marshon's painting tutorial. Many thanks to him for such an informative and easy to follow tutorial.
ODSTSMG004-1.jpg

Pics of the M6 to come as soon as I get it finished.

XD all I can think of when one of the kids take it home and say "My teacher gave it to me"

Perhaps a letter to the parents before hand to let them know that its a reward and non working prop

XD all I can think of when one of the kids take it home and say "My teacher gave it to me"

Perhaps a letter to the parents before hand to let them know that its a reward and non working prop

Give me a little credit man. Given the harsh chemicals, huge amounts of dust, multiple power tools, I couldn't have even started this project without parental permission. I will also be putting a blaze orange tip on them avoid any legal confusion. LOL

Monday's update:

Both boot heels are completed. I'm not sure how I missed it earlier but my foot no longer fits through them so I'll split them right across the lace area. I'll do that once I decide which boots I'm attaching them to and how.
DSC_0012-1.jpg

DSC_0010-1.jpg

I also got almost all the shaping done on the shoulders. The building closed down before I could get them ready to paint but that will be tomorrow. After that, nothing left but the chest and under-suit. And speaking of under-suits, I had a pleasant surprise today when someone donated leather scraps. These may be just what I needed for the suit:
DSC_0014-1.jpg

For cheap leather scraps: I got all mine off of ebay. Old jackets people were getting rid of. I got a womens M Trench for about ten dollars, including shipping, and it was all in large, easy to use pieces. Certainly beats vinyl, pleather, or even $50+ per square yard of regular leather.

The pieces all look really good so far, and your painting job is superb!

You're boots are looking Amazing. At this rate You should be done on the first Suit by next month. Now refresh my memory you're casting this suit right. At any rate it's really coming along nicely and should be moving up a lev. in the forms (hopefully Elite):cool

For cheap leather scraps: I got all mine off of ebay. Old jackets people were getting rid of. I got a womens M Trench for about ten dollars, including shipping, and it was all in large, easy to use pieces. Certainly beats vinyl, pleather, or even $50+ per square yard of regular leather.

The pieces all look really good so far, and your painting job is superb!
Thanks Mia I will look into that if I need more scraps. I'm starting the suit with just the visible areas detailed so I think I have enough to begin, but in the long run I do want to create a full under-suit.

You're boots are looking Amazing. At this rate You should be done on the first Suit by next month. Now refresh my memory you're casting this suit right. At any rate it's really coming along nicely and should be moving up a lev. in the forms (hopefully Elite):cool
We will be molding parts of this suit. Some parts won't fit the majority of my kids because of my height. Surprisingly the Chest and COD work well for all but the smallest of the group and the boots have some give because of their design. I have one student who could probably fit almost all the pieces except the forearms and shins. He is about 2 inches taller than me.

At this point the summer has claimed the last victims in my group though. I'm proud of them for lasting this long. They helped out a ton, but I think the rest of this suit is up to me. But then that is only fair considering it is the one I'll wear. :) We'll take a break once this one is finished and then start fresh at the beginning of the school year.

Starvin, everything is looking steller bud. It was really nice of Lee to donate those guns to you. He does fantastic work. You did a great job painting them, thats for sure :) I love the updates. And dont worry, after summer your kids will be all set and ready to build :-D

Starvin, everything is looking steller bud. It was really nice of Lee to donate those guns to you. He does fantastic work. You did a great job painting them, thats for sure :) I love the updates. And dont worry, after summer your kids will be all set and ready to build :-D

I totally missed the post with Lee's weapons. Nice job on the painting! So sexy! :D

Thanks guys. I appreciate the support.

More updates coming soon.

Very few and far between do I venture into the "Noob" forum, but I am even less often as pleasantly surprised as I am at this moment to have come across your thread. I commend your build and the involvement you have with the kids while both teaching artistic skills and bring their interest into our hobby.

I moved this thread out of the Noob forum, as there is definitely extreme amounts of win found within. Looking forward to you finished build.

~Walter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back