My Carter build

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I've started working on Carter's suit and been working for about 2 weeks now. I've already rondo'd three pieces and have started working on the shin. I need help with the biceps carter has along with how to mount it all together with an undersuit. Also, my friend is making jorge's suit and we're working together resin'ing and everything. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

100_5778.jpg

100_5779.jpg

ignore the airplane wing haha
100_5775.jpg

100_5777.jpg

100_5778.jpg

100_5779.jpg

100_5775.jpg

100_5777.jpg

Here is my helmet picture update. Not yet completed.

Helmet pepped.
100_5809.jpg

a nice dremel toolkit that helps quite a bit and only 30$
100_5808.jpg

helmet with bondo
100_5814.jpg

100_5809.jpg

100_5808.jpg

100_5814.jpg

You pepped that in the right colours?! :D

And your Dremel kit is only 30$ ?!?!?! (← more question marks than ever!) Around here, the cutting wheel on the top left (it is a cutting wheel, right?) and the SpeedClick mandrel alone cost that much :-(

Anyways, about your actual models: They look really good, but two things caught my eye. First, you seem to have applied a lot of putty to that helmet, you may want to try using less. It's not like your model is very inaccurate or warped and actually needs large amounts, so you're creating lots of unneccessary work for yourself.
Also, regarding the previous post: I like your weathering, especially on the shoulder piece. I'm sure the whole suit is going to look awesome. But why are you using silver and blue paint for these splash- and smear-like marks on the arm piece? They look more like mud or dirt and something a little browner would make more sense in my opinion.

yes, the cutting wheels on top are one wood, one plastic, and 2 metal cutting wheels along with the mount that holds them. I got it from Home depot so I'm not sure if you could get one where you live (germany?) and yeah I do seem to add too much bondo which is my normal problem when sanding. along with the question about the forearm, I was just beginning to work with the blue paint and still figuring out how to apply it. Thanks for your help :D more pics coming soon.

yes, the cutting wheels on top are one wood, one plastic, and 2 metal cutting wheels along with the mount that holds them. I got it from Home depot so I'm not sure if you could get one where you live (germany?) and yeah I do seem to add too much bondo which is my normal problem when sanding. along with the question about the forearm, I was just beginning to work with the blue paint and still figuring out how to apply it. Thanks for your help :D more pics coming soon.

Yeah, we have all the Dremel products here as well (or most of them, anyways... a few, probably newer ones, aren't available), but they are REALLY expensive compared to the US. Pretty much like everything else :)
In fact, I ordered a Dremel without accessories here in Germany (because of the power plug) and bought all the accessories in the UK, that was a lot cheaper...

Well, it's not like you messed up with the paint. It does look great and nobody will really notice or think about it enough once you wear the whole suit ;-)

Thanks, how much is expensive for you in Germany for a dremel tool? I just put my second coat of primer onto the helmet. I can't wait to finish it. It is by far the most annoying piece I have made so far because of the details.

how much is expensive for you in Germany for a dremel tool?

A Dremel 300 with no accessories at all costs about 40 € (54 US$) and for a small assortment of accessories that are actually useful for this hobby, you can spend the same amount again.
Also, my estimation was a bit off: The SpeedClick mandrel in your set is 10 € and the cutting wheel 17 €, equalling 37 US$ (eBay and Amazon.de, but I doubt they're much cheaper anywhere else).

Awesome build so far! I'm digging your weathering. I agree on the brownish color for mud, though. It would look pretty sweet!

And, geez. I'm jealous of that Dremel!

update

about the brown weathering, I'm not entirely sure what color and how I would apply it. Would I do it the same as the actual metal weathering? and what color should I use? Also the dremel is pretty awesome, we actually have 2 dremels my dad just went out and bought that one so we could use a wand with it.
100_5830.jpg

100_5827.jpg

100_5815.jpg

100_5831.jpg

Thank you all for your support so far through my build. If you have any questions just ask me or constructive criticism. This week I am going to work on the boots and hand plates.

100_5830.jpg

100_5827.jpg

100_5815.jpg

100_5831.jpg

Looks really awsome, eventually when I can, ill be doing my first ever build and plan on doing a full "high end" carter build. Seeing this gives me inspiration. I love what you did with the helmet, looks superb.

Wow your armor is looking good keep up the good work. I don't know if you were trying to do this or not but your paint has a real "halo universe" feel I really like it good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back