( First PEP) Lets get started (might be pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IRONBLOODEDCROW

Hi names Cody my friends call me Crow...don't ask i'm from Middle Georgia, USA. I have been lurking, reading, stalking the shadows, hoarding files, and taking in as much knowledge/ wisdom as i can before starting and i think i'm ready to start. First off going to start with a CQB Reach version Helmet thanks alot to GothX for showing me the file i have been looking for. I'll be trying to blend the Halo3 and Reach pep files because the reach file is missing some details fingers crossed. After the helm the rest of the body as i can find time way from Work 36 hours a day on weekends, and Husband/Father duties during the week. Here is the Project.
Vanity_634613825948476348.png
reach_20296937_Full.jpg
reach_20296869_Full.jpg

My Wife's Armor
playermodel.ashx?rpis=rxGmnmLnNsak4wjg45tE6w==.png

Welcome to the 405th man, nice to see you got a plan in place. Can't wait to see how your pepping go and it's nice to see someone in at least near my neck of the woods. Good luck and happy building!

pretty cool armor scheme man and colors are cool too
can't wait to see some armor progress =D

*UPDATE* I was going to have the helmet printed and glued by this Thurs but .....DUN DUN DUN....... The printer broke and can not be fixed. So after next week i will be on double time with it. Also is will be a double Armor Thread cause my wife told me she would stop cooking my fav food if i didnt make hers also. :) and i will edit my above post with a Vanity pic of hers later this week.

ah that sucks man =( well now we have 2 things to be excited for =D
btw how do you use that vanity thing, i can't figure it out

*UPDATE*
100_2679.JPG
100_2678.JPG
100_2681.JPG
*UPDATE* Just printed the Chest and Shoulders i might work on the shoulders this weekend after work (work 36 hour weekends). May go look for resin the 20th. i'm going to do the Combat Knife out of wood dont yet know about emile's might do that out of wood also. Printed the halo 3 Cqb but that was FAIL printed to big and said the hell with that one and did the low detail reach.

So far so good man, keep up the good work. Pepping looks very clean and neat. The helmet looks a bit warped though, but seems it might be able to be straightened out during the hardenning process. May be add in some support struts while you resin.

Can't wait to see more man!

Thanks! I plan to when i harden the helmet, cut out the chest yesterday and glued it today so i did both shoulders and the chest in 4 days so i going to try and have biceps and thighs done by next thursday. Wish i had the time after work to do some pepping but i get up at 4:30am for work and get home at 6:30pm fri, sat, and sunday :(

Its Saturday and i noticed something the Collar is smaller than what it is in the game can i get some help with this??? if anyone has any idea's i will post ref photos sunday night or monday but i think it needs to be taller.

I think your right. Looks like it should be made 2 inches taller. I would probably just freehand an extension out of cardboard or cardstock and just make sure they blend when you get to the bondo or top coat step. Kinda like I did with my helmet. Its pretty basic geometry as parts go.

Also, looking real good so far. I know how much it sucks pepping torsos... Or maybe its just me. Anyways great work.

Nice, what setup is she gonna use? My wife's gonna do Cortana. I couldn't convince her to be a spartan... Probably because she saw how much Kat sucks in Reach lol.

Is she sticking with that UA/HUL Air Assault suit you have on the first page? I like that they're kind of matching sets.

My girlfriend is working on an N7 suit for herself, and then when she is more comfortable with armor making either a CQC or Pilot like her Reach character. She had zero interest in doing the Kat set.

Most of the Reach deaths were kind of Punk deaths. But not everyone can be Emile.

lol, I didn't even notice the pic of your wife's armor there amongst the screenshots. Hey, which knife are you gonna use, the kukri on the shoulder, the combat knife on the chest, or both? My buddy ran into this dilemma with the armor im making him.

lol, I didn't even notice the pic of your wife's armor there amongst the screenshots. Hey, which knife are you gonna use, the kukri on the shoulder, the combat knife on the chest, or both? My buddy ran into this dilemma with the armor im making him.
Both lol why not have a 2nd blade just in case (EVIL GRIN) >:D
Most of the Reach deaths were kind of Punk deaths. But not everyone can be Emile.
he has half there field of vision and still kicks more ass

Why not scale up the thing and then just print off the collar part you want? Then you get an accurate pep as opposed to freehanding it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back