Mk 6 LD Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

freshjiive

Hey everyone! just wanted to share my progress on my build. Just finished fiberglassing the helmet over the past week and here are some pics of my progress
let me know what you think!
IMG_1040.jpg

IMG_1047.jpg

IMG_1049.jpg

Thanks for the comments. I'm really excited for this build i'm going to try and make it amazing!
I really enjoyed the movie Tron and my friend and I were thinking of how it might look cool to do a master chief / tron mash up
So for lighting MC I would use light tape like they do in Tron to give it that look
What do you guys think

Good luck to ya, Look like it's going smooth! I think its your first build? Good choice as far as definition goes, too many start ahead of themselves! Can't wait to follow this!

Good luck to ya, Look like it's going smooth! I think its your first build? Good choice as far as definition goes, too many start ahead of themselves! Can't wait to follow this!

This is actually my second build. First one I did about 4 years ago and it was not good at all so I don't like to talk about it lol. As far as the definition, I didn't want to choose something too complicated that I could easily mess up!

This is actually my second build. First one I did about 4 years ago and it was not good at all so I don't like to talk about it lol. As far as the definition, I didn't want to choose something too complicated that I could easily mess up!

firstly, it looks great! cant wait to see more, and secondly, i understand! i went full hd off the start, and it took me a yeah and 3 failed helmets to finally make one that came out ringht!

firstly, it looks great! cant wait to see more, and secondly, i understand! i went full hd off the start, and it took me a yeah and 3 failed helmets to finally make one that came out ringht!

Haha no worries, We all have that first real project that completely bombed the epic factor. . . Mine's long gone, but it helps us! So good luck on the *ahem* First TRUE Project. (that will also be good looking!)

Spent most of the weekend working on the chest piece!
almost done just have to do the bottom part
here are the pics:
IMG_1061.jpg

IMG_1060.jpg

So I did some more work this wknd on MC. Got the chest assembled and resined and is now half fiberglassed. I cut the front part of the chest off from the back so I could get into it easier. Anyone have any suggestions on how to re attach it? Straps? Velcro?
I put a coat of sandable primer on the helmet just to see how it looks! here is some pics!
IMG_1063.jpg

Here it is with Gundam, the project my buddy is working on:
IMG_1075.jpg

The helmet already looks really good. Nice job! Are you going to try to do a dual-layer visor?
Thanks! I appreciate it. I don`t think i`m going to try the dual visor. I think painting the lines on the visor on gives just as good of effect so i`m going to try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back