now it's my turn MK VI (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I had done enough work to start to show things off. So this is my MK VI build thread. I've been working on all thing since about early November. Comments and constructive criticism are welcome.

I have all the pep work done but the HD chest (WIP), and the HD helmet. Though there is a good chance I'm going to rebuild the hand plates since they were my first build and are pretty sloppy.

pep work list:
[X] LD boot
[X] HD right boot
[X] HD left boot
[X] HD shins X3
[X] HD right thigh X2
[X] HD left thigh*
[X] LD cod
[X] HD cod
[X] LD hand plate
[X] HD hand plate X2
[X] LD forearm
[X] HD left forearm
[X] HD right forearm
[X] LD shoulder
[X] HD right shoulder
[X] HD left shoulder
[X] LD chest
[\] HD chest
[X] LD helmet
[] HD helmet

resin list:
[] HD right boot
[\] HD left boot
[\] HD shins X2
[] HD right thigh
[X] HD left thigh*
[] HD cod
[X] HD hand plate X2
[X] HD left forearm
[\] HD right forearm
[] HD right shoulder
[X] HD left shoulder
[] HD chest
[] HD helmet

405c0a23.jpg

21383f9f.jpg

cc6694c9.jpg

1c35ec5c.jpg

f1b8ad17.jpg

eb5ff8c7.jpg

d1d1941b.jpg

26d983b7.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

d6dcd37c.jpg

2e927385.jpg

445ed64a.jpg

37822e92.jpg

be8572a3.jpg

a4d2f1d4.jpg

Wow! You got a lot done!

I like what you did to the inside of the shoulder piece. Used wood sticks to keep the piece from warping.
Your 1 step ahead of mine. I did'nt do that on mine and yea it warped.

Fold are good, considering your using a wooden ruler. With a metal one, you would see an improvement and ease in those folds.

Nice to see them resined and warping looks to be at a minimum

I'd say keep going.

(not trying to put down your very nice armor)
A few more thing that my armor will have over yours is that
1) the helmet will be AI intergrated. Once my AI is inserted into my helmet in will complete a cicuit and will turn on the flashlights.
2) I will have a speker in it to be albe to play music. ([pretty sure you said you had this]will also likely put in a PA system)
3) there will be magnets in the right thigh and back so i can mount the weapons on it and have the same look as the game.
4) maybe some metal plates in the boots so it sounds like my boots are made of metal not paper and fiberglass.

Just thought I'd give a quick update on my work. No new pictures yet.*

resin list:
[X] HD right boot
[X] HD left boot
[X] HD shins X2
[X] HD right thigh
[X] HD left thigh
[X] HD cod
[X] HD hand plate X2
[X] HD left forearm
[X] HD right forearm
[X] HD right shoulder
[X] HD left shoulder
[X] LD chest
[] HD chest
[] HD helmet

Small picture update. Will replace LD helmet and chest with HD parts. Left toe has the first bit of fiberglass. Will post more pics when I have more to show.

b04bb086.jpg

Everything looks good with what you have completed so far, looks like a whole MKVI suit to me, but It will look good with the HD chest and helmet also, keep up the great job

First, let me say sorry for all the multi posts. I've had more updates then there have been comments and input.*

Now for the updates. I finished my HD chest about a month and a half ago.
4b771f06.jpg

31e64819.jpg

Please note that the warping looks much worst because of the lighting.*

I also decided to remake the had plates.*

707c523a.jpg

The center rear parts of the chest (where there are the "louvers") look a little....flat? Don't know what happened there, looks like some parts aren't folded.

The center rear gave me A LOT of problems. There are so many Popsicle sticks in there just so it doesn't rip itself apart and so it has some kind of correct shape.

The bumps are supposed to be inverted???

If you check out some pictures of other people's suits you should be able to see what I mean. The areas around those little panels should be sunk into the back not pointing outwards. Here's a good example of what I mean from Deviant Art.
master_chief_back_peace_by_streetdreamschoppers-d30nd12.jpg

Just put some resin or Bondo on the inside and use a Dremel to carve those details in. That's way easier than rebuilding the whole section.

Aside from the louvers. (Ya I would take Strays advise) you're build is coming along nicely.

I don't think I'm capable of redoing just the part or doing that detail work with the bondo.
I think I'll just go with it for now, not do the electronics besides the LEDs just so I can have it done by the end of the summer vacation. (my friend jeff bet me that I couldn't finish it by the end if the summer vacation. He can NOT win) then once my armor is done I'll remake the chest completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back