Mass Effect 2 EVA Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try get.adobe.com/reader/ , It's a free and very trusted programme to print and read pdf files. Though make sure you uncheck the McAfee option, you wount need that.
If you have any further questions about this, send me a private message. Dont want to clutter the posters thread to much with boring stuff :p

Narayas, your templates look AMAZING! if you could share those i'd be so grateful! it's a bit difficult making the templates on my own. i downloaded mass effect 2 and installed it, but i haven't messed around with any game files to see if i could sort of unfold the game armor...if that makes sense?

I've been making the female N7 version as well. Ithica made awesome templates for the male version here http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/30440-Mass-Effect-2-Templates-Have-Arrived, so I went into photoshop to change them. After making reach armor out of foam I am soo glad this is way simpler. I use a hot knife on the foam. Went through too many blades using the xacto knife. I can't wait to see yours when it's done. I'm always interested to see how creative people get when shaping the boobs, lol. I'm going to attempt to use EvilFX's method. Good luck!

It is done! All patterns are complete, phase one is a succes. I even toke the liberty to make a pattern of the female front torso. Ill soon figure out a way to make them accessible to everyone. Till that time you can send a request for a part, if I like you. And ill scale it to your measures.

Progress!

Ok so I finally got a day off (technically a few hours) from work and school to start working on the arm pieces.

Forearm: Cut, Rounded, Glued
SDC11662.jpg

SDC11664.jpg

Lower Bicep: (bottom) the initial cut (top) then the top one rounded
SDC11672.jpg

Both pieces on my arm (rubber bands to hold it up on my arm, potentially where the straps will be placed
SDC11687.jpg

SDC11688.jpg

I haven't dremelled them yet since I still haven't gone out and bought the part. School and work have been keeping me from going to Home Depot or Ace hardware and I'm not about to waste money ordering it online haha.

Any tips or comments are appreciated!

Wear out an old sanding bit until it is completely smooth to get rid of those little burs on the outer edges of the armor. It looks really good soo far though!!!! :D

Wear out an old sanding bit until it is completely smooth to get rid of those little burs on the outer edges of the armor. It looks really good soo far though!!!! :D

Yea I'm going to do that, but I need the "adapter" piece. I have all the bits I need, I'm just missing the piece that goes between the dremel and the bit, that's why the burs aren't sanded yet :p

Looks good! Cant wait for more pictures. Ill try have a schedule on how to measure the back and thigh part for you, in your inbox by noon. And we have the same breed of dog :p Nice photo bombing, kudos for the dog xD

Looks good! Cant wait for more pictures. Ill try have a schedule on how to measure the back and thigh part for you, in your inbox by noon. And we have the same breed of dog :p Nice photo bombing, kudos for the dog xD

yea he was a stray, just adopted him. i turned on the heatgun and holy crap did he go nuts! i had all my stuff laid out nice and neat so it'd be easy clean up, then the second i turned on the heat gun he starts barkin his head off and sprints towards me, making my neat pile go flying all over the kitchen x_x little **** hahaha! he was looking away cuz he was none to pleased with my project

*UPDATE*

Haven't been working on the armor as much as I would've liked, but work and school have to come first. Narayas has been kind enough to make me some templates set to my measurements and I'm currently in the process of cutting those out.

THE TEMPLATES ARE AMAZING!

I can't thank him enough for them and I should have some pics up later today of some of the pieces I'll be cutting. Stay Tuned!

Just some WIP pictures.

NarWIP2.jpg

First two pieces have a bend now, need to work on them a bit more to get it right.

NarWIP1.jpg

Close up of the forearm piece, quite happy with the smoothness.

NarWIP3.jpg

Close up of an unfolded forearm pieces with the arm-guards on top

NarWIP4.jpg

Overview of all the parts for both arms and shoulders. And yes, my carpet has seen better days xD

Got any tips?

Ok so I've been workin my butt off today since I didn't have work for once, and here is what I've got.

All the pieces I've cut out so far:
SDC11699.jpg

Rough placement of where the pieces will be set:
SDC11697.jpg

As I was about 50% through cutting one of my pieces, my blade LITERALLY snapped into 3 pieces, so now I'm trying to be a bit more careful.

ALSO I don't know if anyone has checked out BioWeapons.com, but he has decided to make just the foam press of the chest piece for people making their own armor for $75. Idk how much he'd charge for shipping, but I'm seriously contemplating in buying it since I have only 19 days to get this whole armor finished and I have found NOTHING that would work to do the mold of the chestpiece.

Tomorrow I have free time after 5 so I'm HOPING to make it to Home Depot or Ace Hardware to get the piece I need so I can start dremeling and smoothing my edges.

Looks great! Keep those pictures coming. Its fun to see the patterns come to live like this :p Are you going to paint the suite, or leave it in that awesome tungsten grey?

i might paint it, but if i do i like it when the armor is that deep red color, not black. I think with my time crunch i'm going to just leave it grey, then paint the stripe on the side of the armor and shoulder. For comic-con i'll most likely paint it and fine tune it. My friend who is a major nerd about anything and everything electrical knows how to do all the LED stuff, so i'm gonna ask him to help me with that once I get the back all put together. I did a little research on the part I need so I'm gonna be leaving here in a little bit to OSH to go and the the bit part I need, then I'll try sanding some of my first pieces in case I ruin something.

Also Narayas, your armor looks amazing so far, especially with those clean edges! did you use a dremel for that? what bits did you use if u did?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back