Halo 4 MC Foam Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your foam work and weathering look great. I'm still trying to get the hang of pepakura myself but hopefully my foam will look that great eventually.

I'm rather new to this too. I'm having some troubles sizing the plans correctly and its been so frustrating. I'm sure your foam will look awesome don't worry!

UPDATE!!

I started on one thigh and I've done a lot of work today so I guess I'm going faster than I thought. Thats good right?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413260236.601114.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1413260249.484057.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1413260258.000017.jpg

Thanks guys!! Appreciate the comments. I know im not the best especially when it comes to crunch time. So far I will just need the boots.....kind of

Man, I wish I was as resourceful at 14 as you are. Don't lose that spirit. It's coming together absolutely spectacular, man. Especially when I heard you're just kinda freestyling it with foam, both things I'd be terrified of doing. Keep up the good work.

Man, I wish I was as resourceful at 14 as you are. Don't lose that spirit. It's coming together absolutely spectacular, man. Especially when I heard you're just kinda freestyling it with foam, both things I'd be terrified of doing. Keep up the good work.

Hehe Thanks Man! I did sacrifice a lot while doing this project. I havent played my xbox in a long time! But that doesnt matter anymore. I want to make this my hobby from now on. In moderation of course. I've been interested in making, creating, and crafting for as long as I can remember. When I came across this I was glued to the screen and I learned a lot from many people! Thanks again!

Nice name btw ;)

UPDATE!!

I have finally finished the armor just in time for Halloween!!...kind of.
I think I cut out, glued, and painted all layers for multiple pieces in one day. I know...sloppy work. But at least I finished everything. I would have just needed to paint the weathering on.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414849819.822342.jpg

Its not the best picture but I'll get some really soon.

The Cod piece is a little lower than it should be all because I have bad strapping skills. I will have to research and think of newer ways yo strap the pieces on better.

And yes I will have to remake the chest because it was small.

But..what do you guys think!!
I had an awesome time building this project.

So is it the end?? No, not for meee!!

The level of detail is remarkable. I think that with your experience you'll be able to do even better going forward (like you said, chest is a bit small but that's fixable... I built the front half of my chest piece 3 times before getting it right lol!) I think the next step is to make a legit undersuit, would really bring this project together!

The level of detail is remarkable. I think that with your experience you'll be able to do even better going forward (like you said, chest is a bit small but that's fixable... I built the front half of my chest piece 3 times before getting it right lol!) I think the next step is to make a legit undersuit, would really bring this project together!

Thanks! I wantss to follow in EVAkura's footstep and make an undersuit like he did. Maybe I'll even make a custom chest piece. But thanks for the suggestions.

UPDATE!!
I started to work on the boots and I like the way they came out. I had already finished all the boot pieces but I couldn't glue them to the shoe because it was leather.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415117233.792996.jpg

I decided to make a piece that attaches both the front and back if the boot from the bottom. If I put in the shoe into the front plate, it'll hold like a glove. Then a velcro attachment on the back to hold everything together. This give me liberty to remove and replace the shoe.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415117439.160016.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1415117462.997103.jpg

UPDATE!!
I've decided ro make the BR for my suit.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415278439.373389.jpg

I just wanted to know if there were any good templates out there for foam. And maybe how to install some electronics into it (but that'll be later in the future)

Thanks in advance, I'll try to research it on my own too

Major Question!!

Ok so I've been straying away from the gun idea. Although I will build it at some point, i have been putting a lot of thought in making a legit undersuit. (Like Termhn said earlier) I still have no idea how I will go about making one.

I have thought about EVAkura's design with a fully body undersuit. Sorry for no link. Or if I should simply "fill in the gaps" in between the armor pieces. Its been bothering me a lot!

So any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back