RBF Muckle statue Master Chief build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Working on the undersuit now :)

12512384_1683949058512273_6917414796062136390_n.jpg

1909700_1684016738505505_1164090392116076789_n.jpg

Hey, if ya don't mind me asking? What type of fabric that is, and does it come in black? Also, looks very good keep it up!

Reactions: RBF
Hey, if ya don't mind me asking? What type of fabric that is, and does it come in black? Also, looks very good keep it up!

Hi Grace! The fbric is a synthetic fake leather, but also some stretchy ribbed textiles. All is black and padded. Thanks!!!

Got some fitting, sanding and LED holes done on the legs, nothing is padded or has any constructions inside to hold them up but they allready fit quite well I think :)

12494779_1685176668389512_752796491135230923_n.jpg

Upper arms done :)
12108864_1686394354934410_9084996283086853983_n.jpg

Lower arms done :) (gloves are just placeholders)
12799177_1681466662093846_3349430943382553444_n.jpg

LED's in the upper arms done :)
10402826_1686505944923251_6187490444410460371_n.jpg

I can't wait to continue the sewing work on the bodysuit!!
More soon!!!

Maybe I'm just colored blind, just a little I guess. Fabric just looked a little more on the grey side.Just looking for a more darker black. And love the updates, keep them coming!

I thought i saw you somewhere... You sunnova vitch. I use to follow you back during your assassins creed days on DeviantArt lol:devil

Welcome to teh darkside.

Maybe I'm just colored blind, just a little I guess. Fabric just looked a little more on the grey side.Just looking for a more darker black. And love the updates, keep them coming!
Yeah it does look greyish, but I think that is because of the low quality picture (selfie cam on samsung s2). It's overly lit. It's really black :)

I thought i saw you somewhere... You sunnova vitch. I use to follow you back during your assassins creed days on DeviantArt lol:devil

Welcome to teh darkside.

Ha ha ha! Yeah DA was such a fun place but I think it's been killed by Facebook and what not. Still into assassins though :)
I've always wanted to do a Master Chief costume... guess it's finally happening.

Happening and coming out Fantastic!!!! Way out side the box on this build. I wish I could find a life-size statue as well.

keep the pics coming, I'm super invested in how this is looking! Those LED's are going to really add a nice touch to the suit

Just finished up on the sleeves and upper arm armor attachment :) Pretty satisfied so far. The undersuit is not weathered yet, so the blue is going to be more greyish and black then it is now, but I really wanted a contrast in that undersuit to make it stand out a bit more.

12932749_1691091024464743_1407871743293997049_n.jpg

You want the suit to stand out more? HAHAHA! wait... you're serious? The under armor is literally the only thing i look out for in suits, because it takes talent to make a epic under armor. This thing doesn't need to have a different colour to stand out... Since it literally on the peak of awesomeness xD
Good work anyways, looks very professional, and as Frank O'Connor once stated "Sometimes even better than the suits we use for promotional events"

One BoomCo Halo Needler after surgery...

I had 3 options for this guy: Scratch build it.... quite some work buy Neca's.... yeah... after I win the jackpot and gain another 50 cm in length because it's HUGE in size and price.... and then the Boomco. A wee bit to small, but I will probably be about 5 to 10 cm's shorter then the Chief aswell. Fair pricing and quite detailed

Still lots of work though:
It's been disembowled, taking out anything related to firing the darts, but saving the LED installment because it's quite nice with the pulsing LED's etc.

Added extra holes for LED's along the side.

Made the lower part actually connect to the main body. The firing mechanism kept it floating underneath it.

Drilled a hole in the place what should be part of the original handle but wich it isn't on the BoomCo. That allowed me to sink the handle with the trigger into the lower part of the Needler.

Now.... LED installment, make nice and transparant pink/purple needles (I mean... Sanghelios is so remote...) and finish it with a kick ass paint job.

12963606_1691673537739825_8605465492375148243_n.jpg

Found a way for the needles yet? I would suggest a clear solid rod and just sand and polish it.... Then dye it xD

although i think it would be cheaper to buy casting resin and cast it into a pvc pipe, hammer it out... and so on..

Or another alternative, find some plastic "Icy Spikes"

Good luck

Found a way for the needles yet? I would suggest a clear solid rod and just sand and polish it.... Then dye it xD

although i think it would be cheaper to buy casting resin and cast it into a pvc pipe, hammer it out... and so on..

Or another alternative, find some plastic "Icy Spikes"

Good luck

Hi Gerard!
I had some bad luck with the spikes. I sculpted some using transparent Fimo, but let me tell you.... transparent Fimo is not transparent at all.

Still looking at alternatives...

Anyways, base colors are done:

13010827_1692822667624912_826730092437802637_n.jpg

Damn, this looks amazing! Love the Needler! :D
May I ask you about how did you attach the lower part to the body? I'm asking becasue I'm modding my Needler as well and was thinking how to attach the lower part to the body. ;_; Or how did you manage to disassemble the lower part?! X_X

As for the needles, I made my own needles with glue sticks you use for the hot glue gun.
If it would be satisfying for you, they make as nice needles and are also very friendly - they can't hurt you or people around you.
Just cut them - don't cratch, but cut and make sure those cuts look clean and will immitate the crystals quite nicely. You can always lightly pink them with pink. (this is what I intend to do)

Quick YouTube video -

DSC00899.JPG

DSC00899.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, this looks amazing! Love the Needler! :D
May I ask you about how did you attach the lower part to the body? I'm asking becasue I'm modding my Needler as well and was thinking how to attach the lower part to the body. ;_; Or how did you manage to disassemble the lower part?! X_X

As for the needles, I made my own needles with glue sticks you use for the hot glue gun.
If it would be satisfying for you, they make as nice needles and are also very friendly - they can't hurt you or people around you.
Just cut them - don't cratch, but cut and make sure those cuts look clean and will immitate the crystals quite nicely. You can always lightly pink them with pink. (this is what I intend to do)

Quick YouTube video -

Wow!!! That's such a great idea!!! I'm picking up a few of those buggers right this afternoon!!!!!
Thank you :D I think this could work!!!!

Also, whatever you do... Donnot take appart the lower section, it isn't nessecary at all. I tried it, nearly ruined it... only to find out the thing comes off perfectly if you unscrew and disassemble the upper part. In the end I sawed out a piece of the underside where the black hinge goes in so the smaller purple/blue section would fall in. I kept the black hinge in place for later attachment. Also, I dremmeled out a space in the underside of the needler the size of the handle to let it sink into the lower part. Hand space does become a little cramped though, wich is why I opened up the extra hole on the main body. Once electronics are installed I'll put a little tube inthere to close the inside.

In the end the whole lower section will be glued shut into the main body and the handle into the lower section. But I can't do that yet untill final assembly with electronics.

Again, thanks a million for the tip on the glue sticks!! I was allready looking at liquid fimo, fluorescent rods.. all costing a fortune...

I'll keep you posted here!!!

- Rick

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Gerard!
I had some bad luck with the spikes. I sculpted some using transparent Fimo, but let me tell you.... transparent Fimo is not transparent at all.

Still looking at alternatives...

Anyways, base colors are done:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd...._=1471795754_a77cec5052265b6e685fec962c8da223

Sorry to hear that :p But damn, great job on the Paintjob 0_0 looks nothing like the boomco blaster anymore , looks like it could actually be a proper representation of the Needler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back