02_Hawkeye_STi first armor build

Status
Not open for further replies.

02 Hawkeye STi

hey guys I started the build right before Halloween and hopefully I'll finish in a few months.
I'm going with the old standard way, resin, fiberglass the inside, bondo the outside.
I've got a few parts harden and are ready for the bondo stage.
let me know what you guys think so far.
My Armor build will be
Rouge helmet
hayabusa torso
hayabusa shoulder on top of the Mark VI shoulder
Mark VI forearm
Mark VI handplate
Mark VI thigh
Mark VI shin
Mark VI shoe

here are some pictures of my progress so far
IMG_8561.jpg

Pep forearm and hand plate

IMG_9072.jpg

Shoulder, forearm and hand plate resin, and fiber glassed

IMG_8945.jpg

and my Mark VI shin

IMG_8943.jpg

so far i think the shins came out the cleanest as I'm getting better at doing pep
feedback is always welcome ;)

Welcome! Overall, pretty similar progress to me. Will keep on eye on this build.

Off topic, but I'm curious about you username lol. I'm a car guy, and I know the "Hawkeye" front was only '06-'07. Care to enlighten me?

Welcome! Overall, pretty similar progress to me. Will keep on eye on this build.

Off topic, but I'm curious about you username lol. I'm a car guy, and I know the "Hawkeye" front was only '06-'07. Care to enlighten me?

hey thanks for checking out my thread, and i did a front end conversion on my 02 ;)

Quick question guys,I searched around for hayabusa armors and there isn't many out there, unless i missed them, but I need help sizing the shoulder pieces, anyone got any idea what would be a good size if my Mark VI shoulder was scaled to 12 inches (305mm)

So I'm making slow progress but coming along, I finished the handplates, I went ahead and did the first layer "coat" of paint with some chrome color spray paint I'll post pictures when I get off work, they came out pretty good, anyone ever painted their armor spartan blue? Having a hard time finding the right shade of blue.

As far as the shoulder I just went ahead and printed the size that came with the file, as they seem to be smaller than the size I had to re-size my MK IV shoulder pieces, hopefully they fit, those hayabusa shoulder pieces are hard to pep

Sorry for the lack of Updates, I've been busy making
IMG_0352.jpg

for my cousin as a Christmas gift.
I'm almost done with it but i don't want to get into that build in this thread.

Small Update on my armor, I got a chance to paint the hand-plates
they came out alright, need to add the black in the holes and make it look a bit dirty to give it that used effect.
IMG_9333-1.jpg

Also finally finished up with the torso
DSC_5304.jpg

DSC_5311.jpg

DSC_5320.jpg

DSC_5315.jpg

probably the hardest piece I've done to date.
now working on the shoes
DSC_5322.jpg

Hopefully ill have some more updates soon, till then keep on building guys.

Hey, looking good! One thing I noticed from your pictures though, you might dial back your spray-coating a little bit. The hand plates had such nice ridges and detail in the early photos, and look like they might have lost some of that due to a heavy coating of primer and paint.

It might just be the photos though, I could be wrong.

Either way, props for going for a custom high-def suit!

Hey, looking good! One thing I noticed from your pictures though, you might dial back your spray-coating a little bit. The hand plates had such nice ridges and detail in the early photos, and look like they might have lost some of that due to a heavy coating of primer and paint.

It might just be the photos though, I could be wrong.

Either way, props for going for a custom high-def suit!
sadly i messed them up by adding too much bondo to them to try and get a rounder shape to them.
i have watched some of Cereal Kill3rs videos on smoothing things out and will use those technique from now on.

Does anyone know how come I can't create a new thread? I was able to make this one but everytime I try it says I don't have enough privilege to start one -____-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back