'08 Dodge Challenger

The Challenger has returned

• Yes! Mopar or no car

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it's overrated

• When does production start on the Barracuda?

• I like my Mustang, thank you

• Forget this, I'm waiting for the '09 Camaro

• I like the jalopy I have

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garland

The Dodge Challenger is back. The '08 model year is SRT only, has a 6.1 liter Hemi V8 (425hp @ 6000RPM and 420 lb-ft at 4800RPM) and a five-speed AutoStick, and is available only in Hemi Orange Pearl, Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl, and Bright Silver Metallic (car #43 is B5 Blue and is being auctioned off on ebay for charity). More colors, engine choices (another V8 and a V6), and a manual transmission come in '09. There are only minor changes (for the better) from the concept.

The muscle car war is back on, and my question is, who's psyched to see this beast back in production?

It looks like it was designed with a friggin ruler. No curves... No character...and how in the hell do they only manage to squeeze 425bhp out of an 6.1 litre V8 ???? Anything european that has a 4 cylinder 3.0 litre will do almost 500. American made cars are rubbish.

Last edited by a moderator:
drgon47 said:
It looks like it was designed with a friggin ruler. No curves... No character...and how in the hell do they only manage to squeeze 425bhp out of an 6.1 litre V8 ???? Anything european that has a 4 cylinder 3.0 litre will do almost 500. American made cars are rubbish.

Thats darn funny because my firebird has cooked every "import sportscar" I've come across. Yeah I havn't raced Lambo's, but the typical euro cars are a waste in my opinion (keep in mind the RPM they have to use and how little torque they have). A good case in point would be the elise, tiny car, small but "powerful" engine.. and it still only does 0-60 in 5.5. And the challenger has a huge amount of character, it looks like the good old challenger reborn. I love the new challenger and can't wait for the camaro.

drgon47 said:
Because euro cars are made with quality, american cars are made in huge factories where all cars are treated the same, just attach one piece onto the next, the craftsmanship of a euro car is much higher, also why they are very expensive!

A japanese car may be like an american body wise, but the mechanics are much higher quality.

I'm glad they left some of the old styling (unlike the charger).
But for the 60 it costs I could probably find a better car.

volkov said:
Thats darn funny because my firebird has cooked every "import sportscar" I've come across. Yeah I havn't raced Lambo's, but the typical euro cars are a waste in my opinion (keep in mind the RPM they have to use and how little torque they have). A good case in point would be the elise, tiny car, small but "powerful" engine.. and it still only does 0-60 in 5.5. And the challenger has a huge amount of character, it looks like the good old challenger reborn. I love the new challenger and can't wait for the camaro.
lawl @ mullet-mobiles

This car

go_1.jpg

reminds me of this man

athfcarl.jpg

:)

that's all i can say haha

lol i find it funny that all the euopeans think that 425 horsepower is "all" they got out of it. with a good ecu some after-market parts i could have that car pushing 600hp easy... its all about the fuel and airflow... the cars are choked out of the factory... tuning will have the cars performing at thier best... yes lambos and ferraris may go 200mph, but in a drag race on a straight road, those "wussy" american "hunks of junks" will tear the exotics new ones... see exotics at drag strips regualry?

Vexona said:
This car

go_1.jpg

reminds me of this man

athfcarl.jpg

:)

that's all i can say haha
LOL CARL.

But hey, I like the design of the charger, I think though it shouldnt be so powerful, they should make it cheaper in the 20k range to compete against the mustang.

Wanna hear a fun fact about the current line of mustangs ?

THEY USE A LIVE REAR AXEL.

Nobody has done that ever in over 20 years.

And drag racing isnt racing. Its arguing about who has a bigger :p

racing is turns, straights, and hills on a real race track. take any american car to a real race track and even a low end bmw 3 series will spank any american car.

I actually got to sit in the concept of this car at a car show, I was allowed to take pictures inside of the car, but I was allowed to outside, I could post some pictures later. Very amazing car, the one I was in was the original concept, where there was only 1 of that car in the entire world.

i agree, the camaro will decimate all once it comes out. And from experience, having owned cars that range from a supra turbo, to a camaro from every generation(my dad is a collector of sorts) a 02 mustang GT, and now i am driving a 2000 camaro SS, i can say that the japanese cars may seem higher quality, but the moment something mechanical happens(which it surely will) it is much, much more difficult to fix. I learned my lesson about imports from my supra, it blew a headgasket from a little overzealous running, and it cost me untold fortunes of time and money to fix it, whereas i have had only minor problems with my Camaros, all of which can be fixed by a run to Advance(for the most part...) and my nearly stock SS will run with anything i have personally encountered on the streets.

My friend bought a 1968 mustang body, no mechanics in it. He restored it from the ground up over the past several years, now he can drive, he drove it, and tested it after waiting all these years, it worked on his first try, he added 1000HP into it, I didnt believe him, but Dyno shows he has 1000HP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back