Not open for further replies.

Zaso117

A full list of winners is included below:

GAME OF THE YEAR
BioShock

STUDIO OF THE YEAR
Harmonix

BEST SHOOTER
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Activision/ Infinity Ward)

BEST RPG
Mass Effect (Microsoft Game Studios/ BioWare)

BEST MILITARY GAME
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Activision/ Infinity Ward)

BEST INDIVIDUAL SPORTS GAME
skate (Electronic Arts/ EA Black Box)

BEST HANDHELD GAME
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (Nintendo/ Nintendo)

BEST GRAPHICS
Crysis (Electronic Arts/ Crytek)

BEST GAME BASED ON A MOVIE OR TV SHOW
The Simpsons Game (Electronic Arts/ EA Redwood Shores)

BEST RHYTHM GAME
Rock Band (MTV Games/ Harmonix)

BEST DRIVING GAME
DiRT (Codemasters/ Codemasters)

BEST ACTION GAME
Super Mario Galaxy (Nintendo/ Nintendo)

BEST TEAM SPORTS GAME
Madden NFL 08 (Electronic Arts/ EA Tiburon)

BEST SOUNDTRACK
Rock Band (MTV Games/ Harmonix)

BREAKTHROUGH TECHNOLOGY
The Orange Box/ Portal (Valve/ Valve)

BEST XBOX 360 GAME
BioShock

BEST WII GAME
Super Mario Galaxy (Nintendo/ Nintendo)

BEST PS3 GAME
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (Sony Computer Entertainment/
Insomniac Games)

BEST PC GAME
The Orange Box (Valve/ Valve)

BEST ORIGINAL SCORE
BioShock

BEST MULTI-PLAYER GAME
Halo 3 (Microsoft Game Studios/ Bungie Studios)

MOST ADDICTIVE VIDEO GAME FUELED BY DEW
Halo 3 (Microsoft Game Studios/ Bungie Studios)

No Game of the Year for Halo 3, but a couple others instead. Bioshock made out well.

EDIT: Full link found here

CNNMoney

Last edited by a moderator:
Bioshock and Mass Effect got good stuff as expected.

Halo 3 is awesome but with some of the expectations of the community plus the general fact that it's a sequel probably knocked it down a bit. I guess you could almost say the same of Bioshock though if people had played System Shock 1 and 2 before.

I'm not much of CoD 4 fan myself.

I know there was a big hype on this forums about bungie releasing the recon armor if halo 3 got game of the year. But Bioshock is a good game. Hard to beat. I love my halo though

did anyone watched the show live?
the funniest moment, when Samuel L. Jackson, announce ...."rock legend......... Dave Navarro".... hahaha i was somewhere between my sofa and coffee table laughing my ass off, when this guy became rock legend?

bioshock did well, despite the fact it was played in like the first week it came out and now every one has given it up, i find that hard to believe. mass effect should take its place, awesome game that is =].

No offense, but dang, Halo 3 got pwned.
hehe.
Bioshock deserves it though. It has replayability. (<-made up word?)

I think what you were going for ther Christi was 'high replay value', but replayability works.

Anyway, I guess I'll really have to play BioShock now since people think it's better than most of the other games this year. Mass Effect probably would have been able to do better had it not come out so late in the year. I'm sort of surprised how well Rock Band did with it's later release, but it's definately a fun game, that's why I bought it without playing it first. I don't do that often.

As for Halo 3, people were probably to busy playing it to vote for it.

@Sigma-LS: I actually have System Shock 2 for PC, is BioShock another sequeal to those games? I sort of liked SS2 but it reminded me a lot of Marathon except for the part with the special powers and customizable weapons. If this is true, I'll definately have to play BioShock to see if it lives up to the prior games.

-Magnum

PS: The PS3's best game was Ratchet & Clank. I don't know about anyone else, but that's sort of sad, haha.

Sean Bradley said:
But Bioshock? ....? guh...

This happens in the movies too. When good movies get released late, they end up not winning the awards they should. This is why I believe BioShock won game of the year, not enough people got to play the newer games, therefore no opinion on them. Games released early win by default.

If Sigma was right about BioShock being a sequel to the System Shock games, I don't really believe it's that special and if more people would of realized this or played the first two like Sigma said it would of fallen by the wayside like Halo 3, as most sequels do.

I'd still play it, but that's about it.

-Magnum

Sigma-LS said:
It's not technically a sequel but this kind of summarizes what I mean Zero punctuation Bioshock review

Don't get me wrong because I loved the game. There are some good points in there presented pretty humorously. His H3 review is also worth seeing.
his h3 review had me crying laughing at work!!! sooo damn funny!!! especialy that bit about letting the marine drive.

Sigma-LS said:
It's not technically a sequel but this kind of summarizes what I mean Zero punctuation Bioshock review

Don't get me wrong because I loved the game. There are some good points in there presented pretty humorously. His H3 review is also worth seeing.

I shouldn't really watch him while I'm at work, but omg is that funny stuff. That definately cleared up a lot of questions about that. Personally, I never finished SS2 cause it was so damn hard after a while if you didn't customize your weapons correctly, and I really liked Deus Ex(for Xbox anyway). If it's really as easy as he says, it doesn't sound that fun to me anymore. More like a gamerpoints boosting game or something. I still might give it a rental slot on my GameFly account to at least give it a chance. Thanks Simga.

-Magnum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back