Status
Not open for further replies.

FANGS

Commanding Officer
Community Staff
Division Staff
The Mantle states the following for the election process:

Regiment

• Regiment Commanding Officer (RCO) are elected by popular vote of the active members of their respective unit.
  • Executive Office and Membership Officer of a Regiment are appointed by their respective CO.
  • CO may appoint other administrative positions within their unit as needed.
  • Active Deployed members in good standing are eligible to run for CO.
  • Deployed members are eligible to nominate and vote in elections within their currently assigned unit.
  • Members that are classified as reserve, retired, suspended, or discharged may not vote unless their status has been changed back to active before voting begins. Notice of upcoming elections will be posted on the 405th.com at least one week prior to the beginning of the nomination period.
  • Elections for CO positions are held once every two years.
  • Elections will begin at 12:01am PST on the 1st Wednesday of January.
  • Nominations will be open for 4 days beginning on Wednesday and concluding on the Saturday immediately following.
  • At 12:01am PST on Sunday, a question-and-answer period begins and runs for 4 days, closing on the Wednesday immediately following.
  • Commanding Officers are elected by the popular vote of the members of their unit. Voting will open Thursday following the question-and-answer period and be available for 4 days, ending on the following Sunday.
  • Election results will be announced on Monday.
  • The remainder of the month is reserved for transitioning between administrations. Elected candidates will take office at 12:01am PST on February 1st.
  • If no one challenges an incumbent leader of a unit, an election may be waived.

Who can vote?

For this election, and this election only, any registered member who currently has access to their local regiment forum will be able to vote. This means those who are currently either Type A or Type B who have access to their local Regiment area on the forum will be allowed to vote. This is the LAST time that Type A members will be able to do this. We are working with the Regiment Command Staff to "clean up" the Regiments and ensure that only those who should have access do. However, this will not be completed prior to this election.

Who can be nominated?

For this election, and this election only. Type B members are eligible to be nominated in this election. We will be reviewing all nominations to ensure that this is followed. Please keep in mind that you MUST be 18 years of age or older to hold an elected position.

Time period?

This portion of the election will run as it should beginning with nominations starting at 12:01 am Pacific on this Wednesday, January 6, 2016 and will continue for a period of 4 days.

At 12:01am Pacific on Sunday, January 10th, 2016, a question-and-answer period begins and runs for 4 days, closing on the Wednesday immediately following.

Commanding Officers are elected by the popular vote of the members of their unit. Voting will open Thursday, January 14th following the question-and-answer period and be available for 4 days, ending on the following Sunday.

Election results will be announced on Monday.

The positions will officially start on April 1st to allow time for us to make sure the elected people have the proper permissions etc. and all transition between command staff can occur.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS ELECTION IS FOR A TWO YEAR TERM.

Rules:

Each nomination needs three parts - nomination, a second (from a different person) and acceptance by the nominated person. If it is missing any of those three, the nomination fails.

If you're going to nominate someone, please speak to them first to ensure that they wish to run. As stated, this is for a two year term.

You can nominate yourself, and you can self second a nomination for you by someone else. However, you cannot do both. The first nomination and the second must in all circumstances come from two different people, but one of those people can be the person being nominated.

The election process will happen in the members only area for each Regiment on this forum. Please tell me as soon as possible if you do not have access to this forum but believe that you should.

Any questions? Please feel free to ask!

Am I not going to be able to vote because I'm not part of a regiment even though I've been asking for membership for almost three full months and still no answer (besides "be patient")?

I'll refer you to FANGS's post:

The election process will happen in the members only area for each Regiment on this forum. Please tell me as soon as possible if you do not have access to this forum but believe that you should.

Regimental membership is open to all members, regardless of standing or of time spent on the forum. If you're being held back from being a part of the Regimental process and feel that this is unfair, please contact a Staff member and we'll get the issue resolved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
I have contact two different staff members over the last two months. Perhaps the problem is that I have been too patient and only contacted them each once. I will make one last attempt to contact a staff member. It does seem unfair that I may miss out on something that apparently only happens once every other year because someone else has dropped the ball. Thank you for the advice, Chernobyl. Do you have a specific staff member you could point me towards?

Any staff member should be able to resolve your issue - but I'd suggest getting back in touch with the Regimental CO of your target Regiment, and perhaps showing them this thread to try and further your case.

Upvote 0
Nomination threads are now in each of the Regiments areas. Please take the time to participate in the election as it will set out who leads the way for you locally for the next 2 years.

Upvote 0
As the nomination period is now concluded and there were either no nominations or a single nomination for each Regiment, elections for 2016 have now come to an end. I encourage everyone to ask questions of their continuing or new RCO to find out what they have planned for the coming term. As well, for those in Regiments where no one has been nominated, please note that I have requested that the current RCO advise that they are still willing to lead. If not, we will hold an emergency election and if necessary, have someone from Division Command step in to run the Regiment until a Regiment member replacement can be found. In short, don't worry, but please contact me if you have concerns.

To our out going RCO's - thank you so much for your service in the past months. You have until the end of the month, should you wish, to hand over the reigns. For our new and continuing CO's, please advise who you will have on your staff so that we can make the appropriate changes. If you are a NEW CO, those changes cannot be made until the outgoing RCO has confirmed that they are ready to hand over the reigns.

Any questions or concerns from anyone, please let me know! Thank you for all who participated.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back