3-D Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
VERY nice improvement, Backbone! Lookin' like a pro already! :D My last bit of advice would be to re-check off the "Hide almost flat folding lines" and set that to a reasonable threshold (I personally prefer 165 as a good starting point). Then use the color edge tool to erase any extraneous folding lines that should actually be flat or smooth curves.

i think at this point we must give sir backbone some time.

he is doing a lot of good work for the bennifit of all of us .

he has done much , but im sure he cannot do everything at once .

lets be patient and let him do what he needs to, so that we can all profit from the work he is doing for our all of us.

Its time for the first beta. I colorcoded it this time wich should make building it less timeconsuming (you will search less for parts).

I had to split some peaces up for the letter version, increasing the partcount by 4. Other than that it is equal to the A4 version.

Now would be a good time for the first testbuild.

ter_gun_A4_beta0

ter_gun_ltr_beta0

to MrOreo123: yeah, i did hide most edges now, plus i changed the size of some flaps, and did some "cosmetical" changes.

to Cayoke: Yes i will, but the model need to be finished first. I think of doing the Anubis helmet last, because its the most complex one.

to captain-bluto: thank you for your support.

Have Fun!

Edit: by the way, did anybody build the collar yet. Any changes needed?

Awww. I was onna make it for my brother for Christmas. He is a hue stargate fan me not so much.

Cayoke said:
Awww. I was onna make it for my brother for Christmas. He is a hue stargate fan me not so much.

Sorry, mate. But i´m shure he will have a birthday sometime.

o.k. little update on the zat.

I did a little folding animation to test how the joints look right now. They need more finetuning, but for the first test it looks good.

After fixing the joints, i will concentrate on the spliting/folding of the head.

zat_folding.gif

Its a little bit off-topic, but its still somehow conected. I was in a Museum today. Near the Entrance there was this thing hanging from the roof, that

instantly reminded me of a wrathe-dart from stargate-atlantis.(well that, or a mixture of a manta-ray and a shark.)

I took photo´s, but this dart-like thing is very dark and my camera seem to have a problem with that. It looks much better in real live.

HDR Pics would probably help, but didn´t had my tripod with me.

dart1.jpg

dart2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lamplight spot in the one and a
BackBONE said:
Sorry, but i don´t realy know what you are trying to ask, and to whom this question is adressed. What kind of headdress you mean?

to caption-bluto... i like the tor alot, so i modeled it ruffly at the train to work today. I might unfold it, but i think its better if someone else do the

testbuilds. Any voluntiers?

The first low-res render:

tor_testrender1.jpg

subsurved and smoothed:

tor_testrender2.jpg

and ruffly textured:

tor_testrender3.jpg

any more pictures of the tor? Can´t figure out how the detailes should look like.

so... what do you think?

I was referring to the anabis Jaffa. The question was which jaffa headdress were you talking about. My apologies for not being clear because a new program. That brings speech to text. And I was not sure if it understand me. And I may not there was mistakes that I did not catch my apologies. Do let me know however how your project comes out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

needed some time out, and i let the zat rest. I´m still unshure what´s the best way for the folding mechanism.

In the meantime i unfolded the first part of the Anubis helmet. The second and third parts will follow shortly.

I´m not very happy with the ears, and i would recomend to scratch-build them with cardboard. I´m allso unshure if

the scaling is o.k.

Tell me what you think...

anubis_prt1_ltr_alpha0

anubis_prt1_A4_alpha0

have fun!

as im looking at the anubis head i dont really have any problems with the way it turned out .

i did notice that looking at pictures of the actual prop the ears apear to be more of an elongated triangle but i can happily live with what you have come up with.

I would also like to test build the Jaffa helms as well if possible. I have been doing a little digging through the Stargate websites and no one else has peps at all. One guy did a very nice sculpt and did a bunch of casts but he isn't doing anything anymore from what I can tell. Also, through my adventures i did find a production Jaffa staff weapon http://www.propstore.com/product-Lightweight-Staff-Weapon.htm

Well as im a big startgate fan myself i was looking foward to BackBONE doin these & seeing as ive always liked the look of the Anubis Jaffa Armour so when the first plans were done i couldnt resist but print out & start & this is what i have so far just finished them today

091226_165948.jpg

Sry about the quality couldnt find my digital so had to use my phone

Cheers

Hi, its been a while..

hope all of you had a better christmas then i did. Anyway, here is part2 of the anubis-helmet.

I´m not shure if its too big, if so the anubis head will allso be.

I must say, the ears don´t look that bad after building it, and its good to see finaly some progress in the first testbuilds.

Without further due, here are the files:

Anubis_Part2_A4_Alpha0

Anubis_Part2_LTR_Alpha0

as mentioned before i´m unshure of the size. C&C are needed and appreciatet.

Have Fun!

Just finished building the Anubis "head" take a look at my progress here. Cheers

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back