3D Composite Test Using Halo Ce Models

Status
Not open for further replies.

xerxes sangco

Hello all,

This is my first post on this site and I wanted to start off by sharing a short 3D composite test I made inspired by the ODST and Halo Landfall Short:

Sorry if this wasn't on the right forum topic but I wasn't allowed to create one on any other.

I love what people have shared and can see some amazing talent as prop designers, painters and molders. I also started working on my own props but lately time hasn't been on my side and I haven't been able to finish my props project. This is where you come in...

As an aspiring film Director, I was wondering if anybody around the Southern CA, mainly around Los Angeles and LA County, was interested in collaborating on either an ODST or UNSC Marines short. I would be directing, doing the SFX and anything that goes on behind the camera with my crew.

I can get a writer, I have a few friends that are aspiring writers, to come up with a short story, a good one because I have high standards and am very picky, and know a few USC students, who owe me haha, to work as location scouts. Or if anybody has their own script then you're free to share your treatment, in private of course and not on the forum.

Just a suggestion if anyone was interested in putting their costumes to good use since I too am a fan of the HALOverse. I would like to get at least 4 people involved to get a good amount of character interaction. I will also be looking for character riggers and animators, as well as model rippers since the vehicle and character models used would be from Halo 3.

If you've read this far I thank you for your time!

-Xerxes

Ps. For reference you can check out my animation reel here:

http://xerxessangcofilms.com/DemoReels.html

Last edited by a moderator:
rundown said:
Very nice composition, i like it. Now model it more poly :)

Thank you! Although they were just models from Halo: CE. I was never good at modeling and focused more on animation.

-Xerxes

Looked really nice, especially the explosions. Usually you just see small fireball sprites whenever there's an explosion near the camera, but those actually looked good.

I hope you do find some actors, writers, etc. There aren't nearly enough Halo shorts.

Look up CreativeCow.net They have tutorials on everything Adobe. Adobe CS4 can do all of this.

What software did you use?

And you know a spoof would be awesome... something like Trooper Clerks. or The Guild.

Thanks a lot guys! Yes there are a lot of tutorials online, but it all depends on what software you're comfortable with.

For this shot I used a combination of Boujou, 3D Studio Max, After Effects and Vegas with stock footage from Video Copilot's Action Essentials 2.

Be ready to spend a long time on one shot though, if you're a perfectionist. This shot took me at most 10 hours in 3 days.

-Xerxes

Ps. If anyone with gear is in the Los Angeles area let me know because I'm very interested in taking this to the next level.

pretty cool man! Maybe I could use your FX work for my fan film. I live in southern Cali as well, trying to get some more costumes and props together for a short film that I have written.

Enrisan said:
pretty cool man! Maybe I could use your FX work for my fan film. I live in southern Cali as well, trying to get some more costumes and props together for a short film that I have written.

Thanks! Where in SoCal do you live? I'm near Pomona. Also, what does your production crew consist of? Usually when I do compositing work, I usually work as DP because tracking software can be very picky. Also, I enjoy it.

What about your equipment? What will you be shooting with? Do you have any work that I can see as reference?

Sorry about all the questions, it's just that I've worked for free on too many small productions that have turned into disasters while being taken advantage of.

Here's my email:

Xerxes_Sangco (at) yahoo (dot) com

I'd like to get into more detail because it sounds fun!

-Xerxes

This is amazing! I wish I was in college so I could be doing that stuff instead of saluting people all the time. >.>

I'm around Pomona as well. I don't have much of a production crew right now, just friends willing to help me out. It will be a very small production, mainly just for fun and to get something made. I will be directing and editing, most likely work the camera as well. Filming won't be until next year when I get all the costume and props together. Probably renting an HVX-200. I'm editing an independent feature right now, no reel to show you.

Only stuff I have is videos I made with my friends in high school:

http://www.youtube.com/user/eylyana

Xerxes Sangco said:
Thanks! Where in SoCal do you live? I'm near Pomona. Also, what does your production crew consist of? Usually when I do compositing work, I usually work as DP because tracking software can be very picky. Also, I enjoy it.

What about your equipment? What will you be shooting with? Do you have any work that I can see as reference?

Sorry about all the questions, it's just that I've worked for free on too many small productions that have turned into disasters while being taken advantage of.

Here's my email:

Xerxes_Sangco (at) yahoo (dot) com

I'd like to get into more detail because it sounds fun!

-Xerxes

Sorry for the late reply, been busy with work lately.

Sounds good, let me know. I actually own an HVX200, although that test was filmed with my old XHA1.

I've been wanting to make more tests but getting good quality Halo Models is hard to find. Although I was able to find better human vehicle models from Halo CE than the ones in those tests, my next step is finding rigged Covenant character and weapon models. If anybody can help me out with this I'd really appreciate it! I got my hands on a rigged Elite model from Halo CE but of course the quality isn't good, but it animated nicely.

-Xerxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back