405th Gamers Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a suggestion here. Rather than picking a night of the week (which someone is sure to have a conflict with, why not set up a schedule of dates? That way you're not going to exclude anyone who can't make it on a particular night. If you miss one, you might make it to the next. Maybe a revolving weekly schedule?

Many have tried to organize a solid 405th game night, but it never seems to stick. Maybe this was the issue?

Thoughts?

I'll play anything. Just send me a friend request and let me know your from the 405th. My days off rotate so the set schedule thing is out for me.

Sean Bradley said:
I have a suggestion here. Rather than picking a night of the week (which someone is sure to have a conflict with, why not set up a schedule of dates? That way you're not going to exclude anyone who can't make it on a particular night. If you miss one, you might make it to the next. Maybe a revolving weekly schedule?
Many have tried to organize a solid 405th game night, but it never seems to stick. Maybe this was the issue?

Thoughts?

Yeah, that sounds like the problem we're having. And then couple that with multiple time zones and countries....yeeeeah. But that seems like the solution. So each week, move the Game Night to one day later? Like, first week on Friday, second week on Saturday, third week on Sunday, and so on? And keep the same times? Sounds like a plan! Thanks for the Idea, Sean!

So, therefore, let's have the first official 405th Gamers Online! This coming Saturday all day! Featured games will be Halo 3 (as always) and Call of Duty 4! So take the rest of this week to spread the word around and let's make it a great night!

Unfortunately, I have to travel to Ohio for a concert, but add me anyways (TheHumanVoice), and I'll catch you guys next week!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds great!

I'll jump on for a while too. (Scary Monkey 75 ) I'm crazy rusty... just to warn you.

Seems like there should be some way to have a central meeting place on XBL, but I have no idea how to do it. I suppose one person could host each week... but that seems like a big obligation.

Anyone have any ideas about this?

Abrant, with your permission, we should set up a sign-up thread in the 405th Discussion area, something that can be stickied for easy access. Also that way we can start a schedule of play dates and people can sign up for specific nights.

despite the facts of time zones this sounds like an amazing idea,

but we would have to prollay make it on a weekend, that would be the best bet for the most ppl to be able to play i think

you would have to find out ppl that have good internet connections, i mean you get someone with a crappy conection, hosting a game, and then nothing will get done haha slam dance kitty, slam dance

about the scheldue, maybe every other day of every other week, and then on weekends, i mean its just a thought

Sean Bradley said:
Sounds great!

I'll jump on for a while too. (Scary Monkey 75 ) I'm crazy rusty... just to warn you.
Seems like there should be some way to have a central meeting place on XBL, but I have no idea how to do it. I suppose one person could host each week... but that seems like a big obligation.

Anyone have any ideas about this?
Abrant, with your permission, we should set up a sign-up thread in the 405th Discussion area, something that can be stickied for easy access. Also that way we can start a schedule of play dates and people can sign up for specific nights.

Well, I would love to host each time, since I play a lot, but my schedule is so crazy, I won't be able to EVERY time. Let's say if you're one of the first ones online, start a party and invite people to it as they come online.

Shoot, dude, you're a staff member! You don't need my permission to do anything! Haha! But yeah, that sounds awesome! Let's do it! PM me, Sean, and we'll work it out.

Well, it's your thread, and your idea. I didn't want to assume anything.

Lemme put something together, I'll PM you later.

Could we play world of warcraft? I could make a guild on there for only 405th mems! Would be great!

And maybe we could divide it up into regions, like Abrant could hose EST time zone, Adam or Sean could hose whatever else, and other higher up people in other areas. Just a thought.

Azzarth said:
And maybe we could divide it up into regions, like Abrant could hose EST time zone, Adam or Sean could hose whatever else, and other higher up people in other areas. Just a thought.

If you mean that memebers from EST etc etc time zones, doesn't really bring the memebrs of the forum together, if you thats what you mean...?
&
I dont mind hosting the games either

Also here's the info for the CoD4 Server, I'm admin on :)

CoD:4 Xtreme4 Mod - Custom maps - 76.74.167.252:28960 (PC BTW)
Theirs a Ventrilo too, if you guys want to use it when playin on the server

As I wrote before I'm down to play Halo 3 on Live, I'm on at random times throughout the day and night so feel free to hit me up. I have a PC but it wasn't built to game on so for now I'm just a 360 player.

My tag is : xC0NTRACTK1LLER (O is Actually a Zero)

At the moment I don't have a mic but that will be fixed real soon!!!

Will a list of dates and times be posted soon or will the topic starter edit the first post with all the new information.
I guess I will stay posted!!!

Recently me and a couple friends have been playing a lot of Counter Strike: Condition Zero. We use a program called hamachi to create a vpn to plan a lan over the internet. If anybody is down to join up with us, pm me!

I'd like to move that we consolidate the TWO threads on this topic that are battling it out into one thread... maybe in the 405th Discussion Area? Then we could update the first post with new schedules for play-dates and member gamertags.

Sound good?

Hey, just as a reminder to any PC gamers out there, we just started the 405th Steam Group so anybody with steam PLEASE post or PM me your Username so I can add you! We need more ppl with different games!

I wish I could join you but I don't got no X-box :( Some day.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back