405th Ownership Change, Site Move and Updates - ALL PLEASE READ!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
OMG!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO THE 405th?!?

First off, let’s back up a bit…

Hi, my name is Art and I recently acquired the 405th from Adam Grumbo. Many of you might already know me from therpf.com, thedentedhelmet.com, and thehunterslair.com. If you don’t know me already, I run a website management company (Movie Prop Sites, LLC) that specifically focuses on managing communities like the 405th.

With that in mind, let’s just get the unpleasant stuff out of the way first. With this transition, you are going to see change… a LOT of change. No one likes change, but without change we cannot grow and improve. You are already witnessing the first of that change now. If you are reading this, you are reading it from an all-new, much more powerful server, as we have moved the 405th onto our own platform. We have also updated the site software to the latest version (not vB 5… everyone knows how bad that is), and we have also made some minimal changes to the structure of the forums and made a couple of forum name tweaks. Again, while I know it is uncomfortable, this and more change will be coming down the road. Please be patient with us because once we come out on the other side of it, things will be a lot better.

Now that we have explained the unpleasant part, let’s talk about the good things. First, I believe this is an amazing community and we are very excited to be able to serve you. We think there is a lot of potential here and over the next year or so, we plan to try some new and interesting things… some of which many of you have wanted, and probably a few things you haven’t even thought of! We don’t want to spill all the beans just yet, but we see a fun future for the community!

I am sure you have questions and possibly concerns, so instead of me prattling on, let me know what is on your mind and I’ll try to answer to the best of my ability.

JediFraz Yes, it does look like geographical groupings will be "official" as in we will all be members. Though there is still MUCH to be worked through before such will become "Official."

Art and crew are working hard on getting the site up to their standards, which are quite high. They have given us an absoulutely lovely emblem that we can all us, as long as we follow their guidelines, which is only fair. They have many more updates, and plans in the works. I can tell you I am excited to see what all they have coming. I know how much work goes behind the scenes on a community web forum like this. I have run and created enough of them over the last 2 decades. Each update tot eh site I have seen are great improvements on usability, aesthetics, and enjoyment.
Art Andrews I honestly cannot say thank you enough to you and your crew for all of your hard work, and how far you have revived the site in the short time that you have been here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Art,
The site looks great. I've had to be a way for a few weeks and now come back to awesomeness. I'm excited to see the great mods of the past return with new enthusiasm. I'm also happy to see two more threads promoted to the Elite section. We have a backlog of other threads from other great artists that belong there. It really is a great feeling to get called up by your peers and the mods for hard won results.

Redshirt

Upvote 0
@Art Andrews I honestly cannot say thank you enough to you and your crew for all of your hard work, and how far you have revived the site in the short time that you have been here.

You are very welcome but never forget that we are only providing the infrastructure. It is YOU, the members, who give this community life!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back