405th Recruiting Center Booth Build

Discussion in 'Halo Props' started by Asgardianhammer, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Asgardianhammer

Asgardianhammer Identity Officer Division Staff 405th Regiment Officer

I think the first round of racks you showed me is perfect. I have access to a large CNC so if you set the file up created at full size I will have one cut. I would like to see this easily broken down however into maybe 5 pieces. Maybe use some kind of dovetailing or slotting system to put together.

2. Asgardianhammer

I think this one could display better also.

3. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

OK, cool. Will do.

4. CommanderPalmer

CommanderPalmer Membership Officer

While the Forerunner designs are great, for promoting 405th IMO better are the UNSC and human weapon racks... . _ . What Asgardian already did IMO it's perfect in terms of UNSC and 405th booth. :O

trung-dang-halo-weapon-rack-clay.jpg

justin-oaksford-weapon-racks-large-final-approved.jpg

NZSpartanz likes this.
  5. Asgardianhammer

And i know mine weren't exact to the Reach ones i was referencing. It was more important to keep them portable and not some huge piece of furniture to be moved. But the overall feel was there to it. Plus it needed to support one end of the counter. I agree with CommanderPalmer about this needing to feel UNSC and not anything alien. Its for recruiting purposes.

6. PerniciousDuke

PerniciousDuke

mblackwell1002 - When we get closer to building one for Pacific let me know.. I know people with saws and stuff. Lol. (I work for an industrial sharpener for those of you that don't know).

mblackwell1002 likes this.
  7. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

Yeah man!
    Yeah, I understand that. Asgardianhammer did a fantastic job, but check out TurboCharizard's post:
    Take the smaller racks as a solution for that. They're light, and break down super small. Really like that concept art you posted, too, Cmdr.

8. CommanderPalmer

CommanderPalmer Membership Officer

You can make smaller racks then, just take the UNSC as inspiration and make them smaller and suited for yourself. Those racks aren't strictly UNSC either, on Meridian they didn't have any UNSC forces, just Liang-Dortmund corpo.
    IMO 405th is better suited strictly UNSC for recruiting booths.

9. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002

Yes, I will be doing the racks I posted earlier. Look at my first post on this thread and click the attachment:
    Don't worry, I planned on keeping the UNSC aesthetic. :)

10. Asgardianhammer

I forgot to mention this build was made possible with the help of Chernobyl and some old resources she kindly dug up at my request. Thanks for the assist!

11. Kusak3

Kusak3

Ashuraa has spoken. Guess I shall be building one of these for our yearly at Sci Fi Valley con. <sighs and roams off toward the shop with a pile of info to consult with>

But Seriously Beautiful work. I am truly looking forward to building one of these for us here in Colonial for the shows that Ashuraa and I can make it to.

Dirtdives and Asgardianhammer like this.
  12. Asgardianhammer

If you need anything let me know! Ashuraa knows how to reach me also.

13. Kusak3

Kusak3

who doesnt Ashuraa know how to reach? Look at the bright side when she reaches out to me it is generally a Pelican across the side of my head because I am being a pain in the backside husband.

Spartan55 and Dirtdives like this.
  14. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

I was wondering what that large "Klang" noise was.....heard it all the way in NJ......thought it was thunder but not a cloud int he sky.......well it was more like a resounding "Dong" since it sounded rather hollow......

Kusak3 likes this.
  15. NZSpartanz

NZSpartanz New Member

I like the paint job on the booth. Great work.

Asgardianhammer likes this.
  16. bestellen

bestellen New Member

I really like the idea of this.