405th Recruiting Center Booth Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kudos to you for using MDF. When I had to work with it as a theater carpenter I found it challenging to work with and kinda heavy. About how much does each unit weigh? Do you just carry them or end up using a hand cart/dolly?

This is very cool. Some inspiration stuff to keep in mind when I start promoting my own project.
The base cabinet rests on a low furniture dolly and all parts fit inside to be wheeled into the booth location for setup.

Wow, I almost missed this..

Really fantastic job on this booth. I wish we had one and I will be bookmarking for future reference. ;)
Thank you PerniciousDuke. My hope is that all regiments have a recruiting station in the future. The overall attitude towards us and our message was very well received. We went from being a group that was just hanging out together to delivering what we are about...Embracing our love of Halo, a global community of Builders and Crafters, that are helping each other make outstanding armors and lifelong friends! It was much more fruitful to discuss what it is that we are about and that we if you are looking for a costume community we are the place to be!

I'm going to look in-game Halo 5 for some new weapon racks. Then I'll get to modeling and convert them to a pep file (considering that pretty much all of us have Pepakura, I think that would be easiest. I have access to a CNC router, so I could cut some of them out that way and have them fully detailed. Would take some work as I have a smaller machine, but heck, it would be worth it. I'll also export some DXF file stuff for you to use if you choose to.

I also found this:
300px-H5G_-_Forerunner_weapon_rack_concept.jpg

Yay or nay?

Not sure how useful that would be...It would look cool when lit-up, though.

I'm going to look in-game Halo 5 for some new weapon racks. Then I'll get to modeling and convert them to a pep file (considering that pretty much all of us have Pepakura, I think that would be easiest. I have access to a CNC router, so I could cut some of them out that way and have them fully detailed. Would take some work as I have a smaller machine, but heck, it would be worth it. I'll also export some DXF file stuff for you to use if you choose to.
I think the first round of racks you showed me is perfect. I have access to a large CNC so if you set the file up created at full size I will have one cut. I would like to see this easily broken down however into maybe 5 pieces. Maybe use some kind of dovetailing or slotting system to put together.

I think this one could display better also.

I think the first round of racks you showed me is perfect. I have access to a large CNC so if you set the file up created at full size I will have one cut. I would like to see this easily broken down however into maybe 5 pieces. Maybe use some kind of dovetailing or slotting system to put together.
OK, cool. Will do.

While the Forerunner designs are great, for promoting 405th IMO better are the UNSC and human weapon racks... . _ . What Asgardian already did IMO it's perfect in terms of UNSC and 405th booth. :O

trung-dang-halo-weapon-rack-clay.jpg

justin-oaksford-weapon-racks-large-final-approved.jpg

And i know mine weren't exact to the Reach ones i was referencing. It was more important to keep them portable and not some huge piece of furniture to be moved. But the overall feel was there to it. Plus it needed to support one end of the counter. I agree with CommanderPalmer about this needing to feel UNSC and not anything alien. Its for recruiting purposes.

mblackwell1002 - When we get closer to building one for Pacific let me know.. I know people with saws and stuff. Lol. (I work for an industrial sharpener for those of you that don't know).

mblackwell1002 - When we get closer to building one for Pacific let me know.. I know people with saws and stuff. Lol. (I work for an industrial sharpener for those of you that don't know).
Yeah man!
While the Forerunner designs are great, for promoting 405th IMO better are the UNSC and human weapon racks... . _ . What Asgardian already did IMO it's perfect in terms of UNSC and 405th booth. :O

View attachment 246992

View attachment 246993
Yeah, I understand that. Asgardianhammer did a fantastic job, but check out TurboCharizard's post:
Curse my hatchback not being able to fit one of these to take out to conventions. Time to look for fellow 405th West Coasters with a truck/van.
Take the smaller racks as a solution for that. They're light, and break down super small. Really like that concept art you posted, too, Cmdr.

You can make smaller racks then, just take the UNSC as inspiration and make them smaller and suited for yourself. Those racks aren't strictly UNSC either, on Meridian they didn't have any UNSC forces, just Liang-Dortmund corpo.
IMO 405th is better suited strictly UNSC for recruiting booths.

You can make smaller racks then, IMO 405th is better suited strictly UNSC.
Yes, I will be doing the racks I posted earlier. Look at my first post on this thread and click the attachment:
Could you do some Halo: Reach or Halo 5 style weapons racks? I could 3D model all that stuff for you via Solidworks or Fusion 360 to speed up the process. I think it would be a cool thing to set up at cons for weapon displaying. I'm talking about the weapon racks that are more like this:
View attachment 246628
Just something with the more futuristic aesthetic. They would also be pretty easy to break down into pieces for easy storage/transport. They would look really nice, be lightweight, easily transported, and (most importantly) hold lots of guns.
Don't worry, I planned on keeping the UNSC aesthetic. :)

Ashuraa has spoken. Guess I shall be building one of these for our yearly at Sci Fi Valley con. <sighs and roams off toward the shop with a pile of info to consult with>

But Seriously Beautiful work. I am truly looking forward to building one of these for us here in Colonial for the shows that Ashuraa and I can make it to.

Ashuraa has spoken. Guess I shall be building one of these for our yearly at Sci Fi Valley con. <sighs and roams off toward the shop with a pile of info to consult with>

But Seriously Beautiful work. I am truly looking forward to building one of these for us here in Colonial for the shows that Ashuraa and I can make it to.
If you need anything let me know! Ashuraa knows how to reach me also.

I was wondering what that large "Klang" noise was.....heard it all the way in NJ......thought it was thunder but not a cloud int he sky.......well it was more like a resounding "Dong" since it sounded rather hollow......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back