405th Unity project Idea (For charity, need volunteers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I waved farewell to the helmet today. I may have finished it in a day, but it took me this long to ship it. Props for spring break and free shipping from my mom.

1 day, wow. Just wait until you've done pepakura building as long as I have, you'll have arthritis in the end, I already do.

I waved farewell to the helmet today. I may have finished it in a day, but it took me this long to ship it. Props for spring break and free shipping from my mom.

Thanks Soul! Now all we have too do is wait!

1 day, wow. Just wait until you've done pepakura building as long as I have, you'll have arthritis in the end, I already do.

How long have you been doing pep work?

Still waiting for the helmet. Should the helmet have LED's and Fans? Im talking FULL electronics. What do you guys think?

UPDATE : Got the helmet today! Here are some pics~

unityhelmandfunnerallunch-in096.jpg

unityhelmandfunnerallunch-in099.jpg

unityhelmandfunnerallunch-in100.jpg

unityhelmandfunnerallunch-in101.jpg

unityhelmandfunnerallunch-in102.jpg

unityhelmandfunnerallunch-in104.jpg

And here is a awsome drawing that deanna sent along as well! It will be sent along from person too person for them too sign as they work on the helmet!

unityhelmandfunnerallunch-in098.jpg

unityhelmandfunnerallunch-in103.jpg

Now for Resin and smooth-casting!

-Jacob

Quick update everyone - I put 2 layers of fiberglass resin on the helmet. the first one didnt cure fast enough because it was cold out , causing the resin too drip . Ill post pictures later.

UPDATES!

I put some plastic in the dome of the helmet! It turned out pretty good!

Here are some pics

I put some tape on the areas where I was afraid of leaks-

unityhelmet008.jpg

unityhelmet011.jpg

Apparently I taped the wrong places lol -

unityhelmet009.jpg

unityhelmet012.jpg

Ah well , nothing a little sandpaper cant fix !

Here is a pic of the inside-

unityhelmet004.jpg

unityhelmet014.jpg

It is SUPER sturdy! Ill be finishing it up today and tomorrow!

-Jacob

It looks really good, I'll probably have it bondoed/rondoed and sanded in about 3 hours time as long as it's not raining outside the day I get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back