5N0Wm4N's Odst Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

5N0WM4N

Jr Member
Hello there 405th! The names Martin, I'm from MN and have been trolling around the forums for about 2 months and in those 2 months I've bounced back and forth between making a "New" ODST or a mark IV, finally settled on an ODST and have so far managed to pep the chest plate and helmet, planning on getting the rest done, Also planning on building a cheap and sleezy Vacuform table to make my own visor, dont know how that'll work out but if you have any suggestions I'd greatly appreciate them! now I dont know if these pics work but if they do then, here ya go! Sorry for the poor quality photos, took em with my phone.

Photo-0051.jpg

Photo-0052.jpg

Photo-0036.jpg

Edit: Sorry mods for the double post...

he is correct, just Pm a mod and ask them to close the second one.

but on topic

looks like your folds are really nice, and the overall pieces looke really nice, very little warping... Nicw work.

is this your first time Pepping anything?

Thanks guys and or gals! And Dread Mullet, the Chest plate was my very first pep ever hahah, after cutting all the pieces out and scoring them, I was like...uhhh how do these pieces go together now? Hopefully i'll have at least the helmet done by "Halo"ween

Your best bet if you're using an impromptu Vacuform table is to look into the Elite Showcase and follow Rube's "New ODST Armor" topic, the first couple of pages showcase his makeshift method of creating visors.

Nice to hear of another ODST WIP, hope this one turns out well for you and don't give up.

Thanks! but trust me I think i've read that topic about 1000 times and I certainly am not planning on giving up unless for some reason, I suddenly start to dislike halo...like that'd happen hahah

Another noob, Another ODST... yeah that's me. Helm looks awesome, I'm still kinda apprehensive about starting mine, I'm worried about the visor too, I was thinking about trying to find a local place that I could get a one shot vacu-form done, keep up the good work.

well, relatively back on topic, I've got all the chest pieces cut out, just gotta glue em now, I have one shoulder cut out and hopefully will have both done this weekend, as well as the "new" odst gauntlets, Im planning on scratch building the shins out of corrugated plastic sheets, because 14 pages of pepping per shin is not worth it.

I haven't decided yet, I was gonna build the rest of the armor first so that by the time I build the helm I'm a little more skilled at pep and such, but I'm kinda leaning toward the dutch helm, although if someone, wanted to build a buck helm, I wouldn't be mad at them.

Well I did the chest plate as my "tester" to see how hard this process was going to be and found it was pretty easy, just follow all the tutorials on pepping. oh and a little hint on getting good clean folds is to score them with the back edge of an exacto knife and using a ruler as your guide, it worked great for me at least lol

Got the belt glued yesterday, here's a silly pic of all three of my pieces together so far. Am I the only one who thinks the chest plate is a bit small? it might just be my coat but oh well...

Photo-0054.jpg

5N0WM4N said:
Got the belt glued yesterday, here's a silly pic of all three of my pieces together so far. Am I the only one who thinks the chest plate is a bit small? it might just be my coat but oh well...

Flyerfye said:
Looks good so far! Your chest plate does need to be bigger, though. I think... significantly.

Unless I'm mistaken..isnt there 3 parts to the ODST chest area? The center, the left and right? If thats the case then this piece is actually to big if you want to have the two pieces on the side. If I'm losing my mind..then yeah it needs to be a bit bigger. But way to go so far! I love the multi-color'd-ness :pYeah I was wrong. It needs to be bigger :p

-Loki

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back