6 Weeks From Start To Finish

Status
Not open for further replies.
The constructed boot
[attachment=8503:03_26_09_2247.jpg]
[attachment=8502:03_26_09_2246.jpg]
all of the armor is printed out and in a big stack in the background

well sweet gibly giblets !! haha 6 weeks is a blistering pace man ! hope you pull it off, cause that would be some SERIOUS braggin rights ;). also... not to be a party pooper... just wonderng... did you take the time to size everything (like the chest and thighs and whatnot) to your exact dimensions before the full print out ? (just making sure you had that angle covered).

and you seriously sound like you have one hell of a strategy to yours haha. for me, i'm giving myself a 2 year period to build mine... i want to get the helmet, chest, and POSSIBLE the thighs built and resind a layer or two before summer is over for me (living in eastern canada, summer is really only like 4 months long... and of the 4 months... maybe three are summerish).

oooooh what colour you gonna paint your armour ? =D

Hope this goes good for ya, i'm doing close to the same thing, i gotta get mine finished by May 4th, i'm gonna be master chief for the senior prom, figured i should go out with a bang. i look forward to seeing your finished armor, i bet it'll look pimpin'

Yes I did size it, Thanks for the luck, I'm gonna need it, the hand plates and boots are completely resined and I was just wondering if anyone knows do I HAVE to use Bondo, or can I just sand the resin down and Paint it then bondo it later or does it help with the armors integrity, and i should try to do it now.

Syphon said:
Hope this goes good for ya, i'm doing close to the same thing, i gotta get mine finished by may 4, i'm gonna be master chief for the senior prom, figured i should go out with a bang. i look forward to seeing your finished armor, i bet it'll look pimpin'

I just wanna say, that is awsome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Undeadtech said:
Yes I did size it, Thanks for the luck, I'm gonna need it, the hand plates and boots are completely resined and I was just wondering if anyone knows do I HAVE to use Bondo, or can I just sand the resin down and Paint it then bondo it later or does it help with the armors integrity, and i should try to do it now.

Thats what Im doing cause Im on kind of a deadline as well. I think it looks good. I havnt used any bondo so far, just sanding down resin, primer, and paint.
gallery_8969_843_1025117.jpg

DAYWALK3R said:
Thats what Im doing cause Im on kind of a deadline as well. I think it looks good. I havnt used any bondo so far, just sanding down resin, primer, and paint.
gallery_8969_843_1025117.jpg
damn that looks awesome, ok well if that doesnt have bondo then im not gonna waste the time now.

yeah that looks pretty damn awesome for not having bondo... and when you think of it, the bondo isn't NEEDED. it just adds that extra level of "realism" or makes it look just that much more like the game, or fixes problem spots.

yea around the pec area of the chest piece you can see some boxieness (real word? I dont know) and on the bicep of the shoulder peice, but I figured I can fix all that later. Thanks for the compliments by the way.

haha no problem, and i think its called "pixelated" but i could be VERY painfully wrong on that one lol and yeah you can see it a bit in places, but i don't think many people at the con will care or even notice it that much. the over all suit looks pretty good so far, so that should be what people notice far before any imperfections.

though, after the con, if you are feeling up to it, you should either see about revamping your suit (adding bondo here and there to smooth things out kinda deal) and repainting it. or just making a new one from scratch and trying to make ti better than the other one. lol i mean after all, its just nice to have that perfect spiffy armour that took you a year+ to make on display in your house lol.

Undeadtech said:
I figure there are 11 pieces, taking 48 hours each from start to finish (just an estimate less for some, more for others). It will take 3.15 weeks time of work, cutting days in half for sleep and school(college), it will take 6.3 weeks, which is what i have. My friends are all so excited to see it finished, but don't think I can do it, I'm going to prove them wrong. And wear it to school on the last day. (I play WOW and i'm not going to play for 6 weeks, I might just die.)

Id say its doable but bein a comparitively old geezer i have more free time to work on mine, 6 weeks away from wow is win, i just quit and this is a far more healthy, active hobby. Level 80 dk or bad ass halo armor hmm not a tough decision

whiterabbit1985 said:
Id say its doable but bein a comparitively old geezer i have more free time to work on mine, 6 weeks away from wow is win, i just quit and this is a far more healthy, active hobby. Level 80 dk or bad ass halo armor hmm not a tough decision
Yeah armor is a way better use of time, as for the free time, i used to work at circuit city and they went out of business about 3 weeks ago, so i have nothing but free time.

Undeadtech said:
Yeah armor is a way better use of time, as for the free time, i used to work at circuit city and they went out of business about 3 weeks ago, so i have nothing but free time.

So did I, I worked roadshop for 7 years. I actually ended up finding another job before they could fire me in the first big cut. I was 35 cents above the cap. My two weeks ended on the day they called everyone else into the office.

DAYWALK3R said:
So did I, I worked roadshop for 7 years. I actually ended up finding another job before they could fire me in the first big cut. I was 35 cents above the cap. My two weeks ended on the day they called everyone else into the office.
cool i was PFT for 4 years

Undeadtech said:

yeah, totally missed this comment lol. and you don't NEED to use bondo, as proven in the above comments. it just makes it look more like it would in the game, and make it look prettier lol. you can always skip the bondo step for the con, and then re-vamp it after when you will have more time to make it look as best as you physically can.

Yeah, I believe you can make it. Looking nice so far. Just remember, time might be an enemy, but don't think about it too much. You might not realize it, but if you worry about time, you'll start to rush, which will take away from the quality. Be patient, take your time, and try to get it right the first time. I know it sounds like generic warnings and tips, but you'll learn that these tips are a lifesaver. ;)

i agree, bondo isn't really necessary, i think another way you can smooth your armor is to just add another layer or two of fiberglass to the inside, then sand through the paper to get rid of the square edges and make the armor look smoother and more realistic. that is actually the first way i learned to do it, but people started using bondo before i made my first piece so i never got to try it out, hope that helps a bit, best of luck to ya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back